Tiny second memories of dreams from long ago??

Well, I'm not sure where to put this thread really, but I figured here would make most sense, unless it's a medical thing...

It's a rather peculiar phenomenon that I've experienced throughout life at very random times.

For example, I'll be going about my day and all of a sudden a flash from a dream appears, but not from last night's sleep, from a long time ago. 

The flash feels like it's lasting less than a second and when I'm trying to figure out what it is, I can't..then it will appear about 15 times throughout the day and I still can't figure it out.

Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder what it could mean.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, allymisfit said:

Well, I'm not sure where to put this thread really, but I figured here would make most sense, unless it's a medical thing...

It's a rather peculiar phenomenon that I've experienced throughout life at very random times.

For example, I'll be going about my day and all of a sudden a flash from a dream appears, but not from last night's sleep, from a long time ago. 

The flash feels like it's lasting less than a second and when I'm trying to figure out what it is, I can't..then it will appear about 15 times throughout the day and I still can't figure it out.

Yes i get this too. Also can never tell if my dream was from 2 months ago or last night sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had something on this line happen once it ,uh the effect was to discribe... as if iexperianced a frame of mind  ,.I knew it was from my past proubly the late sixtys i can just say it lasted like 2 seconds ...and it was profound enough to be recognised as being' some frame of mind' from my past .I took it ,thought it" happend to show me that.. it is all there ,that is our lives ,and thoughts are recorded and i gather times have changed and current psychies are altered from former processes. Does this explain

Edited by guest222

• 3 months later...
On 12/29/2021 at 8:44 PM, allymisfit said:

Happens to me quite often. A long ago flash of a dream. Its takes me a while sometimes to make out it if it's a memory of a dream or an actual memory . Then it's gone again and I cant remember what I remembered