Christmas 2021

RobSS

Christmas eve... he sits in his chair... floorboards creek in the hall... a clanking of chains... ghostly noises... a chill fills the air...

What message does this unhappy spirit have for the cold-hearted miser, Ebenezer Scrooge, who despises Christmas?

The faun has done a bad thing and taken service under the White Witch - she, who has all of Narnia under her spell - always winter, never Christmas... she pays him to be a kidnapper... if he meets an innocent child in the wood, he has to pretend to be friendly to it... invite it to his cave... lulling it to sleep... all for the sake of handing the child over to the white witch...

I haven't seen this film, so can't say how good it is, but this short scene's full of colour and childlike wonder. The legend of Santa Claus is put in jeopardy when an unscrupulous toy manufacturer attempts to take over Christmas. In this clip, Santa Clause, played by David Huddleston, is introduced to the North Pole by the Elves. Also stars Dudley Moore as Patch.

Schlittenfahrt

Sleigh ride

Finally we are far from the world
And we travel in our sleigh
And we travel in our sleigh through a valley in the snow.
Dreamy bells tinkling,
White dreams fall from the sky.

And even our white horse dreams,
That I well understand.
Pine trees, yes, they bow to us,
The stream sings under the ice,
I curled up to you, and I feel that you
Are the goal at the end of this journey.

White snowflakes weave a veil,
Cold winds blow from the pond,
But in my heart burns a fire,
Because I see only you
On the sleigh with the tinkling and the valley deep in snow.

Und so weiter...

In dem Schlitten mit den Schellen, und dem Tal, tief im Schnee.

Edited by RobSS

1 hour ago, RobSS said:

A walking tour of the light displays along the South Bank of the River Thames

Looks like Yuppie-hell.

Everything's for sale but there's nothing free like music....Where is the Christmas music anyway?  

There is none...because it's not Christmas.... Christmas isn't allowed because it might upset Jews and Satanists.

Perfect secular consumer festival for all the yuppies but with nothing of the genuinely transcendental or remarkable to make you question leaving your yuppie consumer bubble and think of bigger things...

Can't have that.

That video frankly looks grim and reminds me why I now hate London and how they have stolen my city and handed it over to the dimwitted yuppies with no soul who hug their Starbucks Lattes and think of how much equity they have from their parents remortgaging their period cottage outside Maidstone to buy them a 1 bedroom flat in  in the 'vibrant' crack den and asylum seeker quarter of Leyton.

I actually remember London when it was cool and not full of Shoreditch based advertising executives and predatory do-gooders working for a George Soros funded NGO to bring more migrant diversity and beheadings to a street near you.

I remember London when it was musicians and artists.......  now it is just full of NWO minions and dim-witted servants of Satan inc.

Edited by Truthspoon

39 minutes ago, Truthspoon said:

Looks like Yuppie-hell.

Everything's for sale but there's nothing free like music....Where is the Christmas music anyway?  

There is none...because it's not Christmas.... Christmas isn't allowed because it might upset Jews and Satanists.

Perfect secular consumer festival for all the yuppies but with nothing of the genuinely transcendental or remarkable to make you question leaving your yuppie consumer bubble and think of bigger things...

Can't have that.

That video frankly looks grim and reminds me why I now hate London and how they have stolen my city and handed it over to the dimwitted yuppies with no soul who hug their Starbucks Lattes and think of how much equity they have from their parents remortgaging their period cottage outside Maidstone to buy them a 1 bedroom flat in  in the 'vibrant' crack den and asylum seeker quarter of Leyton.

I actually remember London when it was cool and not full of Shoreditch based advertising executives and predatory do-gooders working for a George Soros funded NGO to bring more migrant diversity and murders to a street near you.

I remember London when it was musicians and artists.......  now it is just full of NWO minions and dim-witted servants of Satan inc.

You always see the negative, then you complain that you're depressed. It's the way you see things, I understand, but what's missing is being able to see things from a different perspective. To some, a glass is always half full.... I agree that on the surface, it's largely a consumer festival, but it's not just for Yuppies, as all kinds of people enjoy going for a walk along the river, not just Yuppies, and many people know that it's just sham and tinsel, but it is what it is - it's still possible to experience the wonder of life in all its forms.

Why look down on everyone talking a stroll, and tarring everyone with the same brush? That's just crazy, especially when not all the people walking are Yuppies, so there's a disconnect, here, which you could address, instead of just being negative. When I walk through places like that, I always walk as a tourist, just passing through, and I always keep in mind the lamp of JC - this requires constant mindfulness - not giving in to dark thoughts and an opportunity for them to take hold, causing depression. That way, I'm not affected by the darkness and the superficiality of the world. The metaphorical light of the Son always shines and nourishes within, even in the darkest  places.

Edited by RobSS