Three prominent posters have vanished.

Ziggy Sawdust

On 1/15/2022 at 12:26 AM, Basket Case said:

BTW. 

Why should the rules about talking about moderation change now ?

Now that you're not a Mod.. 

How about you email Gareth and you swap with me..?

You become a Mod again and I'll step down. 

That'll keep the odd number (3) always needed for differences in opinion.

Or....how about you PM a Mod if you're concerned about SimonTV instead of pushing rules that you used to work to ? 

Either way, I don't give a shit. 

BC 

Have been considering if I should answer this or not?

Seems I have decided to!

Nothing to do with me not being a mod anymore .... I never liked the 'rule' and I read ALL the rules.

When I became a mod I even made a locked thread called something like "Moderator Inks Actions" .... or some such, where I posted everything I did and why.

After that I tried to create a 'council' of members to moderate the moderators (whilst still being a moderator at the time) .... neither of these worked .... which is my failing and I accept that.

The 'rule' is wrong.

You as mods need to justify your actions when you ban or limit members. A forum is MADE by those who post .... NOT by those who make a forum online. Without those who post, a forum is nothing but dead useless code. <<<< remember this .... A FORUM IS NOTHING WITHOUT MEMBERS POSTS

So .... while I consider you a good mod and thank you for the time you give .... You should give a shit, especially about every members time given to post. (and I know some are utter arseholes)

If you step down as a mod .... that is nothing to do with me. (You even pissed off for near 3 months mate, so you are not that keen anyway)

I will never be a mod again.

Tell you the way I feel .... I even asked Screaming to ban me back on Christmas day and in a PM told another member that I would be posting less and less here until I didn't post at all. (will post else where if I wish to)

I wish you to be well BC .... I still consider you a friend no matter what you think of me :)

On 1/16/2022 at 12:30 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

I would like to take this opportunity to remind all about the rules discussing moderation:

In short, if you have a disagreement with any warning you may have been given, discuss it privately with the moderators.

If you choose not to do this, and instead start whining and complaining in public forum posts (either here or at other forums), then you can expect further action to be taken.

That is all.

So you are saying that members who feel that the moderation is unjust are just whining!

That they should shut up (on here and other forums) and then discuss the problems with the moderators .... with those same moderators!

You know the rule you quote .... is only found on the wayback machine (archive . org) .... that you have to click a single word in the terms/conditions to go and view it?

That it is from 2015 and the old forum .... that it was made to protect those mods there at the time from having to justify their actions?

The rule is wrong and should be dumped.

btw .... The rule also states that a member who is not happy with the actions of moderators and can't get agreement with them, can contact a forum adviser to act as an arbitrator between them and the mods .... So where are these forum arbitrators?

They don't exist .... as the rule is old and was not made for this current forum. (unless you have made some members Arbitrators?)

Again .... I think you are a good mod .... But you should have to explain why you do as you do .... why some get banned/moderated.

Don't do the same as fucking authority in this world .... be open with what you do and limit your bias.

And again .... forums ONLY live by those members who research and post .... NOT by the actions of the admin or mods.

22 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

In case nobody was wondering, I just had a shit week and wasn't on the naughty step.

I did wonder .... am pleased your posting for what my thought is worth!

• Like 1

Its certainly the case that the mods have a hard job and that this forum is constantly visited by ne'erdowells intent on disrupting the flow of information here

We also know that the enemy has near bottomless resources to throw at cyberwarfare and that they can swamp a place like this with BS

Then there's bots....so clearly mods do need some power to ban troublemakers

I'm just vigilant that in the past the bad guys have got on the mod team and shut down discussion about certain aspects of the conspiracy; that's my primary concern: that someone might leave the mod team, create a void and then the wrong person gets on the team

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 3

Thank you to those who have been wondering where I have been. @Macnamara@allymisfit@sickofallthebollocks @karmaxxxx@Anti Facts Sir

And to those who PM'd me too who coaxed me back on here a few days back. 🙂

Things have been incredibly hectic for me over the last few months. Locally, I am involved in activism and, along with full-time work and trying to keep up with our current state of affairs, I find myself with little time to spare. Posting on the forum for me can be a time consuming process, certainly when it comes to my longer and more involved posts.

In my case, I wouldn't say I have "truther" fatigue as suggested earlier in the thread - but, never being the most vocal anyway, I am at a point where I don't know what else there is to say about the two year shit show we have endured and which dominates discussion. To the credit of contributors to the forum, I think we had a lot of things figured out way before much of the rest of the alt media.

I will no doubt pop in from time to time but, for the foreseeable future, it is unlikely to be with such regularity as I have been able to afford in the past. I really must also put together some more material for the Covid Exposed sister site.

Be assured that I am keeping as well as can be expected and I hope the same goes for others too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Things have been incredibly hectic for me over the last few months. Locally, I am involved in activism and, along with full-time work and trying to keep up with our current state of affairs, I find myself with little time to spare. Posting on the forum for me can be a time consuming process, certainly when it comes to my longer and more involved posts.

great to see you back Eve and really glad to hear you are doing well and keeping busy sticking it to conspiracy!

To the credit of contributors to the forum, I think we had a lot of things figured out way before much of the rest of the alt media.

That is a definate! There was a clip purported to be a GP, posted on the Ickes headlines page, who was saying that the jabs are about to be pulled due to new data

I sincerely hope that is the case but i also doubt any of that data is new to the people on this forum!

I will no doubt pop in from time to time but, for the foreseeable future, it is unlikely to be with such regularity as I have been able to afford in the past. I really must also put together some more material for the Covid Exposed sister site.

Keep up the good work, take care of yourself and don't be a stranger!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ink said:

what about trolls,the 77th and a like,when they pretend to be " members"  and slowly derail the topic 

and just provoke 

using their psyop to mock conspiracies(while never calling them psyop)

they hide theirs tactics behind free speach and attack any time they can 

(they just ignore any word from the mod and continue with their mission)

with some expirence you can spot them from day one

anything they don't like will be branded "censorship","bias" ect. 

21 minutes ago, ink said:

So you are saying that members who feel that the moderation is unjust are just whining!

That they should shut up (on here and other forums) and then discuss the problems with the moderators .... with those same moderators!

You know the rule you quote .... is only found on the wayback machine (archive . org) .... that you have to click a single word in the terms/conditions to go and view it?

That it is from 2015 and the old forum .... that it was made to protect those mods there at the time from having to justify their actions?

Yes, there are some members who choose to whine and bitch in public, without giving the moderators an opportunity to work out any differences and come to an amicable resolution. It doesn't have to be the 'same moderator', there are three of us after all. If I issue a warning to someone, then they are welcome to discuss this with myself via PM, or they can make a complaint to Basket Case or Screamingeagle.

This is a discussion forum, for people to discuss topics of a conspiratorial nature. Too often I see 'personalities' trying to take over, which just results in conflicts and arguments of a personal nature against other members, and deflects away from discussion of the topic(s) at hand.

Yes, regarding the rules, I did not write those, they were 'resurrected' from the old forum, because at the time this 'new' forum did not have any rules or guidelines in place, that the current crop of moderators could refer to.

And yes, I agree, some of them are outdated or now have irrelevant references, and could do with being updated.

Far from wanting people to "shut up", I just like to see people exercise a little discretion. I do believe there are some people that go out of their way to deliberately prod and poke the moderators into taking action against them, so that they can then make public complaints and accusations, in order to wind up other members and get them to turn against the forum moderators and admins.

Thankfully not all members are like this, and most of you are a fairly reasonable bunch.

I'm not interested in the 'cult of personality', and I don't really care about how many posts you have made or what your reputation level is.

I was never involved in any of the older David Icke Forum iterations, I'm only interested in moderating and participating in this current one.

51 minutes ago, ink said:

And again .... forums ONLY live by those members who research and post .... NOT by the actions of the admin or mods.

That is indeed true. But without the admins and mods, this forum would end up like the Godlike Productions (GLP) forum.

16 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Yes, there are some members who choose to whine and bitch in public, without giving the moderators an opportunity to work out any differences and come to an amicable resolution.

One would hope that this would work in an ideal world, but it's not always been demonstrated in practice. I think those reading this will know why I am saying what I am saying. 

I agree with @ink the forum is nothing without its users and moderators are to here to moderate and not shut down opinion like the arbiters of truth. It's also a little disappointing to hear that some of us are viewed as whiny little bitches. I would also add that maybe their outbursts are as a result of failed discussion? As Ink says, what recourse do we have beyond the Mods? It currently appears to be nothing. 

However, I do appreciate the time that's given by the mods to these boards and to shut down the shills, bots and trolls. That we should be extremely thankful and grateful for, which I know I am. Keeping this forum safe from such influence will sustain this place for longer. Without our mods we wouldn't be in this position, so thanks to them for that. 

But, as with all things that include a diverse and weirdly wonderful group of individuals, communication between all is key for a smooth experience for all. Without that communication it becomes further division and no one wants to see a mod v user scenario as Mac is alluding to.

It's nice to see Mod engagement here in a open format, providing transparency for us all. I also agree with Ink again that decisions should be communicated constructively and transparently, this just allows peace of mind and an ability to move forward after incidences. 

I suppose what I am saying is we can all do better, we just have to make the effort for each other. 👍

4 hours ago, Morpheus said:

It's also a little disappointing to hear that some of us are viewed as whiny little bitches.

I would like to point out that I do not consider all members to be like this, but there are certainly a handful of examples that have behaved like this.

5 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

I think we are seeing an upswing in attempts to disrupt the forum. We must be doing something right!

In a nutshell, that's basically it.

21 hours ago, Macnamara said:

what happened to that one?

Have a look for yourself: https://www.godlikeproductions.com/ 😒

3 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

yikes! so you have to sign a contract to post there!

what's the crack like there? have they gone woke?

I haven't been there for years, since they started that "contract" .... I did at one point even donate to them when I did go there!

You can get mass banning by IP address (which can cover thousands of people) and the only way out is to pay them a monthly charge.

It is FULL of bots, shills and trolls .... many consider it a front for a three letter firm (data collecting and pushing narratives).

This place would never become such .... This place just needs to be more open in its actions.

As you know .... I have a big problem with the old forums 5.8 million posts being removed from view. (I do not comprehend why no one else seems to give a shit)

Why did you never take up the open offer of a mod position Mac?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ink said:

Why did you never take up the open offer of a mod position Mac?

I think the current mods have got a good handle on things

Also being a mod can take up time dealing with trouble makers so its vital work to keep the forum running but it can mean less time to post

If there was a crisis i would be more open to it

Edited by Macnamara