Greek letter overload

Incontinentia_Buttux

Meanwhile, in the top secret bunker a conversation was overheard...

Number One, your excellency, i have ze most wunderbar idea....

Let's keep inventing variants every year to keep all the peasants locked up, muzzled and in their place.  They are so brow beaten by it all now they aren't even bothered it doesn't even give them a slight sniffle!  They just gladly mask up and follow ze rules!  They are even gladly accepting "show us your papers!" And our sales of booster jab 674512 batch M are going through the roof!  When we've run out of Greek letters we can just make some anagrams up... the uneducated peasants won't know the difference!   Goebbels and ze Fuhrer would be so proud of what we have achieved!

Excellent work Number Two.  Excuse me while i give Mr Bigglesworth his bath.

If they were following the Greek alphabet to name these variants, I'm curious as to why we skipped from Delta straight to Omicron:

https://www.greece.com/info/language/greek_alphabet/

It's also funny how South Africa managed to get a new variant almost 12 months later after the last one - wasn't the 'dominant' Delta variant previously known as the 'South African Variant'? (following on from Kent and Brazilian)

Personally, I think they've skipped to Omicron, because of how 'scary' it sounds.

3 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

If they were following the Greek alphabet to name these variants, I'm curious as to why we skipped from Delta straight to Omicron:

https://www.greece.com/info/language/greek_alphabet/

It's also funny how South Africa managed to get a new variant almost 12 months later after the last one - wasn't the 'dominant' Delta variant previously known as the 'South African Variant'? (following on from Kent and Brazilian)

Personally, I think they've skipped to Omicron, because of how 'scary' it sounds.

Let's face it, they are going to keep inventing variants every 12 months for eternity unless there's a full blown rebellion.  I won't hold my breath.

They use the Greek letter because there is another meaning that they know about but the thick brainwashed plebs don't. The plebs will just repeat back what they hear on the news without thinking.

Omicron means little, short or small. Work that out. It also means ayn or 'eye'

Delta - as in delta brainwaves https://zenlounge.in/delta-waves-in-human-brain/

Lambda was also mentioned as variant = cattle prod