Jump to content

Who Picks Mods, How Does It Work?


Doc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

 

I was an FA for a while, and I have no problem putting the pros and cons of genuine cases to them, and hearing their views. However, if the case has already been gone over and the evidence no longer exists (because it mysteriously disappears) then I have a problem. We all have a problem.

 

Why do mods, who spend ages clearing out the garbage from this place and helping out peeps with small things that smooth the whole experiences, have to then also indulge in pointless "devils advocate" discussions over old issues and users which are a total non-starter. It's an abuse of the FA system.

 

one hand removes the evidence whilst the other hand asks you to provide the evidence

 

thats a good one....whats next....3 card monte?

Edited by Macnamara
Link to comment
Share on other sites

lol .... cool thread :)

 

Anyway I consider a solution rather than guessing!

 

If you believe me or not .... I do not wish to be here and so .... It has always been that the current mods choose the new mods (that is what happens .... believe me or not) 

 

So .... lets change that (and I can as I am the only mod) .... you can decide!

But it will require some steps which I hope can be done within a week.

 

I will start a thread with a poll in the members only section .... and you members can make the choice and carry the burden!

 

Your choice for this start of the change will be .... Do you want to choose 3 moderators and disband the forum advisors?

It will be a simple yes or no. <<< you do not need the FA if you have voted in the mods you wish to have!

 

After which .... if you members decide yes then you will decide who will be the 3 mods via another vote!

 

Rules ....

 

Well there is only one at this point .... for your vote to count you need to have posted 50 or more posts at the time of this post.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Macnamara said:

and if they closed their 'lake' account this time, like they closed their 'ink' account how would you know that they aren't just operating under a new username?

you do realise Gareth is ok,approves this...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@lake

I take it you are setting a short period for this pole?

We don't want a frenzy increase of new members posting nonsense just to clock up 50 posts. lol

I don't mind advisors.

Do we nominate canditates or will you provide names?

Edited by DaleP
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DaleP said:

We don't want a frenzy increase of new members posting nonsense just to clock up 50 posts. lol

 

As I said in my last post 

 

Rules ....

 

Well there is only one at this point .... for your vote to count you need to have posted 50 or more posts at the time of this post.

 

So it would not matter as I will check every vote and make sure the timing is correct :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lake said:

lol .... cool thread :)

 

Anyway I consider a solution rather than guessing!

 

If you believe me or not .... I do not wish to be here and so .... It has always been that the current mods choose the new mods (that is what happens .... believe me or not) 

 

So .... lets change that (and I can as I am the only mod) .... you can decide!

But it will require some steps which I hope can be done within a week.

 

I will start a thread with a poll in the members only section .... and you members can make the choice and carry the burden!

 

Your choice for this start of the change will be .... Do you want to choose 3 moderators and disband the forum advisors?

It will be a simple yes or no. <<< you do not need the FA if you have voted in the mods you wish to have!

 

After which .... if you members decide yes then you will decide who will be the 3 mods via another vote!

 

Rules ....

 

Well there is only one at this point .... for your vote to count you need to have posted 50 or more posts at the time of this post.

 

Hallejuah!

 

Unelected old moderators choosing unelected new moderators reminds me of the undemocratic

EU Commission.

Edited by Golden Retriever
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, DaleP said:

Do we nominate canditates or will you provide names?

 

I think it best if I DO NOT provide any names .... in the thread (which you need to vote in btw) anyone can offer to be a mod .... BUT one big rule!

 

You must have made atleast 100 posts on the forum, at the time the voting thread was posted to be even possible as a mod!

 

So 50 posts to vote and 100 posts to be included in any potential mod voting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

I think Lake's idea to solve this hasn't quite gone to plan again. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

 

yep .... I can't do anything right .... I can't even get out of here!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TBH mate, I don't think 10 mins will make much difference.

 

All the bad blood has spilled out into the open. Maybe it doesn't matter if people see those involved for what they are.

 

If speaking your mind here is a worse crime than actually altering the forum content permanently, then it's a fucked up place for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

I don't think 10 mins will make much difference.

 

It is worth a try mate .... before I am meant to do other shit :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ironically, I thought getting rid of all three of us (eventually) would allow some breathing space after all the nonsense we've been through behind the scenes.

 

The Mod Chat has been perpetually edited and remodelled by you-know-who. So it carries absolutely zero weight in anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

If speaking your mind here is a worse crime than actually altering the forum content permanently, then it's a fucked up place for sure.

 

not only deleting posts....two entire forums have disappeared!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Maybe it doesn't matter if people see those involved for what they are.

 

You see .... that is the thing.

 

I have never done anything wrong to Muir but he just trusts no one .... so there is nothing I can do .... If I wanted him 'gone' well I could have done that long ago .... but I never wanted him gone!

Right now I should stop what he is doing .... but I LIKE him and don't want to .... but ffs how much bullshit do I have to just ignore??

 

Just now, Macnamara said:

let people see the clique and how they behave

 

yer and let people see the paranoid nut you are .... sadly :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, lake said:

yer and let people see the paranoid nut you are .... sadly :(

I don't know if everything Mac says about this place is true, but I've found out that enough of it is already. I approach being a mod with an open mind, and willing to just do what I could to help. It's a pity you didn't just leave me and Bombadil to do it, despite having next to no interaction with him beforehand, we were getting on and working to the same agenda.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, lake said:

yer and let people see the paranoid nut you are .... sadly :(

 

yeah you keep gaslighting but you were the guy in the staff when muirs account was hacked and you were the guy on the staff when jaymies account was hacked and you were the guy who was a secret staff member who was the only person to survive the hack to magically emerge as the hero that saved the forum from complete destruction....how convenient

 

all the crazy shit that has happened....even now with all of this...you are the guy at the centre of it

Edited by Macnamara
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

you were the guy in the staff when muirs account was hacked and you were the guy on the staff when jaymies account was hacked and you were the guy who was a secret staff member who was the only person to survive the hack to magically emerge as the hero that saved the forum from complete destruction....how convenient

 

all the crazy shit that has happened....even now with all of this...you are the guy at the centre of it

I'm not aware of most of this, but what I will say is the forum had a major hack yesterday (or the day before), according to what Bombadil has shown me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Anti Facts Sir said:

I'm not aware of most of this, but what I will say is the forum had a major hack yesterday (or the day before), according to what Bombadil has shown me.

 

No .... that is not correct ffs.

I have chatted with Bomb about that .... and mods could not stop a hack anyway!

You have not the access, knowledge or tools to do so!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • lake locked this topic
  • Bombadil unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...