Who Picks Mods, How Does It Work?

Doc

8 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

In the interest of transparency for forum members may I ask why Anti Facts Sir and Bombadil are suddenly no longer Mods today and Lake aka

as Ink is back again?

Of course but as you may know .... I have been gone for 13 days and so am having to catch up with all that has happened!

So I will give you the reasons (when I have the exact information) .... just a little time please :)

2 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Not my choice. No warning. No reason.

I will be able to state why .... as I have said though .... I just need a little time please?

4 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

That was 3 days ago.

I only returned today .... having been away for 13 days (which was meant to be permanent) so please allow me a tad of space to catch up!

12 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

In the interest of transparency for forum members may I ask why Anti Facts Sir and Bombadil are suddenly no longer Mods today and Lake aka

as Ink is back again?

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/staff/

12 hours ago, lake said:

Of course but as you may know .... I have been gone for 13 days and so am having to catch up with all that has happened!

So I will give you the reasons (when I have the exact information) .... just a little time please :)

10 hours ago, legion said:

and itsa etc

9 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

I wouldn't mind some explanation myself, but haven't been deemed worthy of it yet.

9 hours ago, TheConsultant said:

Oh! you didn't step away from being a mod by choice?

9 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

No. I think I am able to confirm that. Not my choice. No warning. No reason.

https://c.tenor.com/PI4RO9SYVqsAAAAC/suspicious-bubbles.gif

17 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

may I ask why Anti Facts Sir and Bombadil are suddenly no longer Mods

I have PM'd Anti, Bomb and Beau as to the main reasons why they have been returned to member status .... if they wish to inform you, then I am sure they will.

17 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

and Lake aka as Ink is back again?

I returned as two of the three had been stood down already and only having a single mod can become a problem (yes I know that I am currently the only mod).

16 hours ago, legion said:

and itsa

You asked me this in PM and I told you :

itsa .... I left alone and that was wrong of me but they just left one day so I had to return.

They left on April 22nd and I returned as ink the next day as the forum had no moderator. I hope that Itsa returns soon!

Posted (edited)

I resigned

I died but now have risen. Worship your new lord.

Really I didn’t die. That’s for the more religious members

I was taken instead of Duane Barry.

Edited by Bombadil

50 minutes ago, lake said:

itsa .... I left alone and that was wrong of me but they just left one day so I had to return.

They left on April 22nd and I returned as ink the next day as the forum had no moderator. I hope that Itsa returns soon!

was itsa just another one of your sock puppet, burner accounts?

I think the situation has been remedied as best it can be for now. I'm sure Lake will have the opportunity to reassess the situation and move forward. 

For a good situation to ensue, the stars have to align. The process can take a while... Thanks to those lovely members who make moderating a better experience for everyone. I personally feel neutral and I am happy for the situation to be left for Admin to assess. This is a great forum where lots of wonderful information is and can be posted. Moderation in my opinion is for the team to see and determine, rather than members, to assess - and Admin to ultimately be the ones to agree. Lets keep posting and enjoy the summer 🎊

4 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

Has the title of this thread been addressed. I don't think so.

Are you sodding psychic?

I was literately looking at this thread and reading a post from the first page .... and considering to post about changing the current way of doing things!

The post ends with this line ....

So in effect .... the current mods vet the new possible mods.

and I was thinking to change that to the members deciding who would be a mod but I haven't worked it all out yet .... and I would need admin to agree.

As I have said many times .... "Anyone can put up forum software but without those who post there is no forum!"

4 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

I can confirm I've finally been given some sort of explanation. Though obviously I disagree with it. But there we go!

there's no transparency here

everything is done in secret, behind the scenes. No one gets to see what is going on until some sort of change has occured, without explanation

1 minute ago, Macnamara said:

everything is done in secret, behind the scenes. No one gets to see what is going on until some sort of change has occured, without explanation

not just that but the forum advisors are NOT independent of the moderators and know each other off the forum

what a joke!

and if you point out these clear and obvious problems? well you will be attacked

13 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

not just that but the forum advisors are NOT independent of the moderators and know each other off the forum

what a joke!

and if you point out these clear and obvious problems? well you will be attacked

It could be said that there are members who know each other off the forum Mac. Can you imagine if a certain group of 'friends' started to manipulate the moderator situation. I think the whole situation is best left to those whose forum it is and who they trust to do the job. They trust Lake to do the job and he will no doubt seek to find the best way to deal with HIS task. So long as the job is done according to guidelines set out by Admin I think thats all we can ask. I can honestly say from my experience as a mod that the present Forum Advisors are extremely honourable and have no agenda. I didnt know any of them prior to. 

It's difficult because the nature of forum is that people are more or less anonymous and the kind of topics we discuss doesn't help and we are prone to suspcion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaleP said:

It's difficult because the nature of forum is that people are more or less anonymous and the kind of topics we discuss doesn't help and we are prone to suspcion.

Yes, thats true. I can honestly say though that I found the Forum Advisors and Lake to be without any agenda. All very professional and interact well. No complaints from me.

1 minute ago, Beaujangles said:

Yes, thats true. I can honestly say though that I found the Forum Advisors and Lake to be without any agenda. All very professional and interact well. No complaints from me.

Yes, I was fine by the advisors and mods but that's me who don't have ins and outs info of what goes on behind the scene so it's neither here nor there.

But I get that the decision was made in the best interest of the forum for the moment and I appreciate that. I'm sorry that if anybody was included in the suspicion but that's how it goes and it comes with the territory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macnamara said:

I'm afraid that this appears to be the case, and no malice is attached to that observation. It is simply my experience, especially as a Mod. Lake has given his reasons to me of why I have been stood down, and while I do not agree with them (they are taken totally out of context and ignore much greater issues which I raised in conjunction with my fellow mod @Bombadil), if that is the way whoever calls the shots here wants it to be, then so be it. I cannot work with my hands tied and being constantly undermined by others. And I did not appreciate the manner in which it was done. A simple heads-up from someone would have sufficed. It's unacceptable, really.

In the end, it's just as well because I need more time to devote to my family, and certainly do not need the mental stress the job brings.

• Like 1

• lake locked this topic
  • Bombadil unlocked this topic