Who Picks Mods, How Does It Work?

Doc

30 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

I'm going AWOL and you don't need to worry about my wellbeing.

This thread has highlighted the continued lack of transparency about new moderators.

I think that a mountain is being made out of a mole hill on that issue GR

as far as i cans see a new mod position has been created to allow the forum owners to post the latest salient news articles which gareth was doing under his own username for a while anyway. I guess by creating a general mod title anyone involved in the running of this site can then do that job

nothing dodgy has been done has it?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

This thread has highlighted the continued lack of transparency about new moderators.

Yes the Ickes can do what they please, it's their forum and they choose not to inform members of moderators who can silence them .. but isn't that like what the Government and media does?

A new moderaor was appointed this week, but nobody knows this.

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/staff/

Why not?

Don't bother to answer because I can see you are a member of the Icke Cult and they can never,

ever do any wrong. Never say sorry, even when they appointed a moderator who almost destroyed the forum and ignored members private messages about the sabotage.

I don't know who this new moderator is, but I can see from their contact details in their forum profile that they are DavidIcke.com staff, and presumably been given an account here and tasked with posting the daily DavidIcke.com headlines as Gareth either doesn't want to or doesn't have time to do so himself any more. (I'm also not going to reveal any more information about them so don't ask me to)

Like you say, this is Gareth Icke's forum, he set it up and he's in charge, in this case I don't think he needs to explain or justify his actions, as its quite clear from the username 'David Icke Headlines' what the intention is.

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Like you say, this is Gareth Icke's forum, he set it up and he's in charge, in this case I don't think he needs to explain or justify his actions, as its quite clear from the username 'David Icke Headlines' what the intention is.

So I guess that they will not be moderating the members posts?

Question .... Should a staff member justify or explain the removal of 5.8 million posts from view via the deletion of the old forum?

I mean .... people get really pissed off when a video is deleted from youtwat or facefuck/twatter deletes a post .... but 5.8 million posts (all researched by people who put their living time into it) and no one gives a toss!

Forums or any interaction media only exist because of the time given by people .... you remove 30 big posters from this forum and you have no forum anymore!

10 minutes ago, ink said:

So I guess that they will not be moderating the members posts?

They've been a member here since Tuesday, and I have not seen any evidence of any such activity so far.

15 minutes ago, ink said:

Question .... Should a staff member justify or explain the removal of 5.8 million posts from view via the deletion of the old forum?

I mean .... people get really pissed off when a video is deleted from youtwat or facefuck/twatter deletes a post .... but 5.8 million posts (all researched by people who put their living time into it) and no one gives a toss!

Forums or any interaction media only exist because of the time given by people .... you remove 30 big posters from this forum and you have no forum anymore!

That is an entirely different subject up for debate and has been covered several times before, you've had conversations with Gareth regarding this. The 'old forum' still exists, it has not been deleted, but there were 'technical issues' that the webmaster was unable to resolve with regards to getting it back online again. You and me have both offered to help with this, but I don't know the reasons why this hasn't been worked on for some time.

Thank you

15 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

and has been covered several times before

Covered but never answered .... the last Gareth stated on the forum is that it would be returned but was on the "back burner currently" .... this will soon be 2 years now .... that is some WAY back burner!

you've had conversations with Gareth regarding this

Yes .... but I will not go into those. Sufficed to say .... I never got an actual answer as to why, I even offered to host it at my cost and remove from the database all and any thing which could breach the data protection acts.

You and me have both offered to help with this, but I don't know the reasons why this hasn't been worked on for some time.

As you know .... I am highly vexed by the removal, by the Ickes, of near 6 million posts created by the freely given time of people .... that I see it as a 'book burning' .... history being removed and then able to be re-written .... and I dislike it immensely!

The phrase "Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining" comes to mind.

I think what the Ickes have done, on the whole, to be wonderful .... and even though some well known members have told me to "leave it, it is in the past" .... 5.8 million posts, I cannot just forget!

Edited by ink

imo, there is nothing to be afraid in expressing your opinion unless you say something lie "I am going to kill the bastard so and so" type of thing which is a threat. The forum is a discussion space where people can debate issues, brainstorm etc.

I might ask people an opinion or consequence if I dug a big hole/leave a bomb in the middle of the road.....because I just can't think what could be the consequence, does not mean I am going to do it.

When you have so much fear in you, you can only see it from fearful stance. This is very limiting and not good guys.

It's like getting windows cleaned. You don't know how dirty it is since last cleaned but you'll know when you clean it that it was dirty though it didn't look so. You are being so fearful, you don't know it.

6 hours ago, Truthspoon said:

I'd like to know too.

He's supposed to be designing the cover art for my new book. He offered a while back when I started my Youtube channel and told me he was a graphic designer.

Hope the guy is ok.....but understand if he's not. I've been mentally struggling lately....

I just meditate and clear my head when it gets really bad but a kind of low-level depression and low energy just haunts me....  The world is fucked and getting fuckeder every day, and it hurts....

From what I remember, he wasn't feeling great with the progress of our current situation.

Are you taking vitamin D for depression?

There is a lot, a lot of negativity, entities about. You need to get rid of them then your depression will dissicipate.

Try it before you starts to spread it in the community. Not blaming you, this is how it happens....like infection. There are many effective ways to improve than meditation....instantaneously.

I think you might have the Covid.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:32 PM, wingwang said:

Just something I heard today...

Covid backwards = Divoc

Divoc:

Is a term derived from the Hebrew word ‘dybbuk’, which is an evil spirit capable of possessing other creatures, and it’s believed to be the suffering soul of the dead. The dybbuk is the soul of an evil person who’s soul wants to evade the punishment and tries to stay on this dimension by possessing another body.

Edited by DaleP

8 hours ago, DaleP said:

From what I remember, he wasn't feeling great with the progress of our current situation.

Are you taking vitamin D for depression?

There is a lot, a lot of negativity, entities about. You need to get rid of them then your depression will dissicipate.

Try it before you starts to spread it in the community. Not blaming you, this is how it happens....like infection. There are many effective ways to improve than meditation....instantaneously.

I think you might have the Covid.

Yes...there are lots of entities about, Zen meditiation clears them out...

I once did a really deep meditation and saw three demons deep inside my mind, they screamed and 'ran off' when they saw they had been found...

I've got plenty of vitamin D, don't have Covid and haven't had it yet.....

I wouldn't say I'm properly depressed......just it's getting harder and harder to smile and be hopeful about things...still I manage to tick along..

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 6:19 AM, Truthspoon said:

I'd like to know too.

He's supposed to be designing the cover art for my new book. He offered a while back when I started my Youtube channel and told me he was a graphic designer.

Hope the guy is ok.....but understand if he's not. I've been mentally struggling lately....

I just meditate and clear my head when it gets really bad but a kind of low-level depression and low energy just haunts me....  The world is fucked and getting fuckeder every day, and it hurts....

I feel like that too. In a way i think i am not that bad if i compare with other times in my life. I manage to feel "neutral" instead of completely low most of the time. In my case i am better than other episodes back in the days. But my gas is low and i struggle to keep moving and up beat. Many things contribute to it. I pretty much do the same as you do. Try to clear my head when i spot it creeping in. Again i agree, it hurts.

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2021 at 9:40 PM, Moonlight said:

to the one with the laughing smiley - you don´t know Truthspoon - aswell as you dont know the former forum 😎

Thanks Moonlight... You're a good friend.... It's a shame that other people are more interested in 'gossip circles' and spreading stupid rumours to try to bring good people down.... But that story is as old as the world.

Thanks again....it means a lot to me. ❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truthspoon said:

Thanks Moonlight... You're a good friend.... It's a shame that other people are more interested in 'gossip circles' and spreading stupid rumours to try to bring good people down.... But that story is as old as the world.

Thanks again....it means a lot to me. ❤️

you are welcome 🥰

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mods & Admin,

Could we get a prominent thread going to protect the forum?

I'm starting to see patterns and some sock-puppets being set up. And some suspiciously leading posts. e.g. People are wasting time on detailed replies to stuff that's been covered and some genuinely interesting stuff is being swamped.

We could have that great article about how the opposition works as a header (should be compulsory reading).

It could also be a place of outreach to any still living souls in the 77 etc.

Along with or as well we could have a 'get ready' thread where the people who recognise that the present protests are impotent can talk about what should be done (& how) when the time comes like defense, disrupting 5G, creating local networks, preparing for the intended famine etc. ad nauseum.

33 minutes ago, Nobby Noboddy said:

Hey Mods & Admin,

Could we get a prominent thread going to protect the forum?

I'm starting to see patterns and some sock-puppets being set up. And some suspiciously leading posts. e.g. People are wasting time on detailed replies to stuff that's been covered and some genuinely interesting stuff is being swamped.

We could have that great article about how the opposition works as a header (should be compulsory reading).

It could also be a place of outreach to any still living souls in the 77 etc.

Along with or as well we could have a 'get ready' thread where the people who recognise that the present protests are impotent can talk about what should be done (& how) when the time comes like defense, disrupting 5G, creating local networks, preparing for the intended famine etc. ad nauseum.

I think there is already one up and running somewhere.