Who Picks Mods, How Does It Work?

Doc

16 minutes ago, ink said:

It is .... like the old mod by the name Muir must have felt when he got banned for 2 days for this .... Remember he got banned in August 2019 for a post from March 2019!!

jumpMuir.jpg

yeah jump rogue was here for pure devilment

muir lost his entire 'british culture' thread

8 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

Oh Mac you are deflecting. It's nothing to do with this thread.

The Ickes are like Gods to you.

Gareth Icke fucked up appointing a moderator who nearly destroyed the forum, which you are well aware of.

A few members including myself saved the forum, which you are aware of too.

Was it so much to ask for Gareth Icke to say thank you to members and apologise for enploying a moderator recommended BY A SHILL?

According to you, nothing to see here, no apology needed.

I would like to know why you are raking up the past. Gareth made an error of judgement by making JumpRogue a moderator. That was rectified, its in the past now (two years ago?), we are where we are now.

Everyone else has moved on and put this behind them, why can't you?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I would like to know why you are raking up the past. Gareth made an error of judgement by making JumpRogue a moderator. That was rectified, its in the past now (two years ago?), we are where we are now.

Everyone else has moved on and put this behind them, why can't you?

I didn't bring this up Grumpy.

Go to page one please.

8 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

muir lost his entire 'british culture' thread

Muir should be really pissed off .... blind memory .... something like 27000 posts old forum and 7000 posts hacked forum all gone!

14 minutes ago, greatdayforfreedom said:

Was 'Jumprogue' a mod on the first  forum with a different name?

Jumprogue was a mod on the old forum in the last days (short time mod) .... and that is why they were given again the role on the new (hacked) forum when they asked for it.

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I have read this topic in full from page one, and yes it was you who brought this up.

I did not start this thread.

Screaming Eagle started the thread

I just stated on the Covid thread to perhaps share personal contacts for moral support via private

messaging with those people members trust on the fourm, and the comments evolved

Be away with your disinformation.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I don't think talk like "they will ban this forum" they are pulling the plug is the best way to go around talking and I think personally we'd all do good to steer clear of that kind of talk. Because that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

The issue of our time hinges around whether or not society believes we have inalienable rights that are enshrined within the fabric of the cosmos or whether what is 'legal' is whatever the clowns in parliament say it is

If you believe that we have inalienable rights then tyrannical governments can't trample over them because manmade rules can't over-write those natural laws

If you believe that the only rights are those given to us by the clowns in parliament then effectively they can do whatever the heck they like including forcefully jab you and prevent you speaking online

If enough people really understood this and lived by it then we wouldn't be facing our current crisis

The problem is that too few people understand this and are effectively living by MORAL RELETAVISM

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, greatdayforfreedom said:

I ask because there was a mod on that forum that would delete posts and ban people for the most absurd reasons. 

They were what later became known as 'woke'

Anything that questioned political correctness was shut down. Regardless though time has proven everything said that they didn't like to be TRUE

3 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

The issue of our time hinges around whether or not society believes we have inalienable rights that are enshrined within the fabric of the cosmos or whether what is 'legal' is whatever the clowns in parliament say it is

If you believe that we have inalienable right then tyrannical governments can't trample over them

If you believe that the only rights are those given to us by the clowns in parliament then effectively they can do whatever the heck they like including forcefully jab you and prevent you speaking online

If enough people really understood this and lived by it then we wouldn't be facing our current crisis

The problem is that too few people understand this and are effectively living by MORAL RELETAVISM

Nah i know you are right and i did thought i should clarify. Yes any written document or law is falling for untruths i get it. But the internet was set up to fail. We all know theyll ban places like this my point is (a poor one perhaps) is we will normalise that idea in the general populace. 

But yes mate i agree. Its why i dont follow the freeman hype. Just using the system to break the system

2 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

I just stated on the Covid thread to perhaps share personal contacts for moral support via private

messaging with those people members trust on the fourm

Which is the main point .... You may not know how the forum software holds information in the database?

If you .... lets say .... arrange to meet a fellow member in a pm and then share information .... you still have edit time!

So you can give info and then edit it out.

The forum software over writes your first posting!

And it is GONE for good.

The other way (not so good in my consideration) is that when ALL participants in a PM have 'left' it (so deleted it from their accounts point of view) .... the software deletes the whole thing from the database in order to save space.

Doing both is best :)

Just now, Macnamara said:

yeah like you i have my suspicions about the whole world wide 'web'

was it just created so AI could study us and gather data?

DARPA i hear. They created all the alexa shit as well. But im too lazy to do any research mate i am a millenial. Not in the right frame of mind atm but i think you will find that is true. 

Makes sense took off late 90s early 2000s got all wild shit and info sharing why would they allow that. Now its the dying embers. Just ash. And memories of a better past.

2 minutes ago, ink said:

Which is the main point .... You may not know how the forum software holds information in the database?

If you .... lets say .... arrange to meet a fellow member in a pm and then share information .... you still have edit time!

So you can give info and then edit it out.

The forum software over writes your first posting!

And it is GONE for good.

The other way (not so good in my consideration) is that when ALL participants in a PM have 'left' it (so deleted it from their accounts point of view) .... the software deletes the whole thing from the database in order to save space.

Doing both is best :)

As a relatively complete tech mouse in the room, I have no idea what you are talking about, but will

send you a PM which the authrorities will read eating my cheese?

5 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Makes sense took off late 90s early 2000s got all wild shit and info sharing why would they allow that

they got everyone on facebook etc to hand over all their personal info then once everyone was completely addicted to the internet admitted ''oh yeah and by the way everything you have ever done online is recorded and can be used as evidence against you...'

• Like 1

To address concerns that have been raised in this topic:

Private messages between members are PRIVATE.

Admins and moderators can only ever see the contents of any private message, if a reply in that conversation is 'reported' by a participant in that conversation.

Your conversation is otherwise private, and no-one else can see it, even admins don't have access to 'spy' on or nose through private message threads.

As has been pointed out by ink already, it is true that these messages are stored within the forum database. It would however take an enormous amount of effort for anyone to gain access to the 'raw contents' of this database and to be able to find and view any particular private message stored within it.

The database will be stored on a seperate server by the webhost, which has seperate database user and password, that only the forum software has access to. One would need to know the database's name on that server, as well as the database 'privileged' user's username and password, in order to be able to 'hack' into it.

No-one here, whether admin, moderator or regular member is actively 'spying on' any personal messages.

• Like 1

• screamingeagle changed the title to Who Picks Mods, How Does It Work?
  • lake locked this topic
  • Bombadil unlocked this topic