Face mask exemption rules

moosehead999

Can I ask a question?

Why do people who have a medical exemption have to show a badge on public transport to state they are exempt from wearing a facemask?

My medical status is confidential and is between me and my GP.

What right has the government have me or anyone with a condition have to show a badge to a bus driver to gain access to a bus.

If you havent got a mask and I was a driver, I would just let them on and think Oh they must be a reason hes got a mask on. 

Why should a bus driver have to ask a person for a badge, when they have no rights, no the medical qualification to ask why.

People should be just able to get on a bus with no questions asked.

Even if you let someone on who lies about their medical status because they are a C Theorist. What is the point of asking. 

Anyone can wear a badge of exemption. So what is the point of wearing one at all.

None I guess.

They cant  refuse entry under D dis laws so they are wasting peoples time on shop doors.

I just thought of writing and A4 paper.

" I AM NOT SHOWING YOU MY MEDICAL STATUS FOR WEARING A MASK< COS IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU> IT IS BETWEEN ME AND MY GP ALRIGHT>

• Like 1

7 hours ago, moosehead999 said:

Can I ask a question?

Why do people who have a medical exemption have to show a badge on public transport to state they are exempt from wearing a facemask?

My medical status is confidential and is between me and my GP.

What right has the government have me or anyone with a condition have to show a badge to a bus driver to gain access to a bus.

If you havent got a mask and I was a driver, I would just let them on and think Oh they must be a reason hes got a mask on. 

Why should a bus driver have to ask a person for a badge, when they have no rights, no the medical qualification to ask why.

People should be just able to get on a bus with no questions asked.

Even if you let someone on who lies about their medical status because they are a C Theorist. What is the point of asking. 

Anyone can wear a badge of exemption. So what is the point of wearing one at all.

None I guess.

They cant  refuse entry under D dis laws so they are wasting peoples time on shop doors.

I just thought of writing and A4 paper.

" I AM NOT SHOWING YOU MY MEDICAL STATUS FOR WEARING A MASK< COS IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU> IT IS BETWEEN ME AND MY GP ALRIGHT>

You don't have to show a badge. You could show them a picture of a trumpet and it would have no more or less meaning than some silly little picture of a flower. It's pandering to the insanity. As you say, your medical status is your business. Nobody has the 'right' to ask you to show a badge, so don't. 

The point of asking is that some people like to engage in power plays. It makes some people feel powerful to have that silly little bit of power over another person; the ability to decide whether they can or can't get on a bus. Ego, basically.

Firmness and conviction deal with this situation most effectively.