All electric cars by 2030?

GregC

• A messy mish mash of a few swiftly grabbed quotes from the big news conference today 

Rishi Sunak - Long term decisions for a brighter future

We're not going to interfere 

Our targets remain, our commitment to net zero remains ... we have committed to reduce our carbon targets by 68 % ... there's all this emotion in it ... the facts remain ... we are continuing this leadership ... 

At a time when costs are ...

... Still be world leading in our ambitions 

It's a different way but its the right thing ...

The point is consent is important 

I want to be upfront and honest 

Were going to do it in a fairer way 

We're going to save people money in the long run 

People will be turned off 

I don't want to see that 

When it comes to heat there are a range of different things 

I'm not pretending that we don't have to change the way that we heat our homes 

We do 

... We've stopped that from happening ...

2035 is the right time frame ...

Thats a sensible time to do it ...

As I said there are a number of houses where it's just not practical ...

Or it's disproportionately expensive ...

I'm increasing that today from £5000 to £7,500 ...

Thats the right way to do it, not to impose costs ...

We remain completely committed to our targets ... we are confident in delivering g them ... all of our obligations ... the climate change act ...

I accept that it's a controversial topic 

The vast majority of people agree with net zero 

They're prepared to make sacrifices 

We continue to lead the world in ... bringing down carbon ... achieving net zero

Build a better future for our children ...

We can't deliver a better future unless we change the way we do politics 

Deliver net zero ... bring the country along with us ... 

Q; "You often say that your daughters are the climate experts in your household ... "

...It's not them that are going to have to fork out ten grand 

Getting to net zero will cost the UK a lot of money. You can see all the flak I'm getting today ... thats not going to stop me from doing what is right.?. I want  better future for our children.?. To put the long term  ... of the country first 

"He has denied he's watering down his policies"

... he says he will lose the support of the British people 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Observations said:
  • A messy mish mash of a few swiftly grabbed quotes from the big news conference today 

Rishi Sunak - Long term decisions for a brighter future

We're not going to interfere 

Our targets remain, our commitment to net zero remains ... we have committed to reduce our carbon targets by 68 % ... there's all this emotion in it ... the facts remain ... we are continuing this leadership ... 

At a time when costs are ...

... Still be world leading in our ambitions 

It's a different way but its the right thing ...

The point is consent is important 

I want to be upfront and honest 

Were going to do it in a fairer way 

We're going to save people money in the long run 

People will be turned off 

I don't want to see that 

When it comes to heat there are a range of different things 

I'm not pretending that we don't have to change the way that we heat our homes 

We do 

... We've stopped that from happening ...

2035 is the right time frame ...

Thats a sensible time to do it ...

As I said there are a number of houses where it's just not practical ...

Or it's disproportionately expensive ...

I'm increasing that today from £5000 to £7,500 ...

Thats the right way to do it, not to impose costs ...

We remain completely committed to our targets ... we are confident in delivering g them ... all of our obligations ... the climate change act ...

I accept that it's a controversial topic 

The vast majority of people agree with net zero 

They're prepared to make sacrifices 

We continue to lead the world in ... bringing down carbon ... achieving net zero

Build a better future for our children ...

We can't deliver a better future unless we change the way we do politics 

Deliver net zero ... bring the country along with us ... 

Q; "You often say that your daughters are the climate experts in your household ... "

...It's not them that are going to have to fork out ten grand 

Getting to net zero will cost the UK a lot of money. You can see all the flak I'm getting today ... thats not going to stop me from doing what is right.?. I want  better future for our children.?. To put the long term  ... of the country first 

"He has denied he's watering down his policies"

... he says he will lose the support of the British people 

Whats the link for this, where did this statement come from?, tia, 👍

3 hours ago, sock muppet said:

Whats the link for this, where did this statement come from?, tia, 👍

Hey Sock, 

It was all Sunak speaking live today. I tried jotting a few things down but didn't make time to tidy it up. At all 😆 

The question from the media about his daughters being the climate experts in his household, and how was he going to tell them?? Part of his reply was "it's not them that are going to have to fork out ten grand"

What a load of spin, rather clever. I'm pretty sure a lot of people will find his fake sincerity quite sincere 😆 

Here's a link to the 45 minutes speech ... I read the comments underneath and most seem fake too. 

I think it's worth a listen to 'read' between the lines;

• Haha 1

With the phasing-out of internal-combustion-engined vehicles and the impending disappearance of most European car manufacturers, their non-European counterparts have released a slew of new electric cars. TCW’s motoring correspondent, Jeremy Bonington-Jagsworth, has been road testing the new arrivals.

Rish-E: A small runabout from India’s Murdoch Motors that often seems to be remotely driven by outside forces. 

JB-J says: Unlikely to last long on underfunded, potholed British roads.

The E-Khan: This tiny, useless car from China’s ULEZ Corp would be better named The E-Khan’t. Unable to reach speeds of more than 20mph. 

JB-J says: Cheap, nasty and suitable only for those wanting to prove how virtuous they are or who wish to drive to a Pride march.

Dave-E: Low mileage, outdated design and dull; all in all a pointless vehicle. 

JB-J says: It has no appeal except to the likes of the outdated, dull, and pointless Rory Stewart.

E-Ll Wud 77 (Model T): Built by Shanghai’s FakeCon Motors, this characterless car is valuable only for surveillance. Remarkably, it has become the favoured EV of the Taliban.

JB-J says: Suitable for spooks and misogynists.

Gov-E: This weirdly shaped car is a totally unreliable effort with virtually no resale value. 

JB-J says: Don’t touch with a barge pole.

Lamm-E: How this car is even given showroom space is hard to imagine. On the road test it lumbered around like a drunken elephant. Designed by Bilderberg Associates and built by Starmer Inc., this monstrosity should not be allowed anywhere near our roads.

JB-J says: Dimly designed and dangerous.

Zelensk-E: Priced well out of the range of the average driver. This vehicle requires regular and expensive maintenance (with parts sourced in Columbia of all places) and will appeal only as fleet cars for government agencies with deep pockets.

JB-J says: Likely to be withdrawn from sale in the near future. Not recommended.

MayWok-E: Another car that promises more than it delivers. At first sight it was vaguely appealing but disappointment quickly set in when the wheels fell off after a few miles.

JB-J says: Go MayWok-E: Go Brok-E.

Gor-E: Detroit has been slow to cash in on the ‘Climate Emergency’ and its predictions for sales of this SUV are likely to be as dismal as were sales for its first effort, the Kerr-E.

JB-J says: A dismal Detroit dullard.

Fauci-E: Another disastrous American contribution to this crowded field. The makers of this little EV make ludicrous claims about its performance. It is so badly made that I feared for my life.

JB-J says: A death trap. 

E-Bygum: The only British competitor is this North of England-built runabout. It looks good but prospective buyers often balk at the price. A cheaper version, the E-Ckythump, is expected early next year.

JB-J says: ‘’ow much?!!!!’

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/your-cut-out-and-keep-guide-to-electric-cars/

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 8:51 PM, screamingeagle said:

With the phasing-out of internal-combustion-engined vehicles and the impending disappearance of most European car manufacturers, their non-European counterparts have released a slew of new electric cars. TCW’s motoring correspondent, Jeremy Bonington-Jagsworth, has been road testing the new arrivals.

If the European motor factories stop making internal combustion engines then what's to stop us buying from further afield or will we be banned from buying imported vehicles too? If the Europeans insist on destroying their own industry then no doubt the Chinese will pick up the slack. 

My other thought was to buy a non-banned vehicle like a diesel van or small minibus and use that instead. 

Edited by Campion

The title of this thread is, 'all electric cars by 2030?'

And i shall now complete the requested answer denoted by the ? mark at the end of the question, and that is:

'all electric cars by 2030?', WILL HAVE SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTED AND REDUCED TO A BURNING HEAP OF MANGLED METAL AND OTHER MATERIALS THAT WILL IN NO WAY CAUSE SICKNESS, DISEASE AND DEATH FROM THE TOXIC INHALATION OF THE FUMES EMITTED.

What a carry on, meh! stopping global boiling by changing the climate thermostat to, you could not make this up if you tried!!!........stop, and then someone did.

99Percent

There appears to be an electric bus on fire within the designated 'clean air zone' in the UK. Oh the IRONY !!

Duration 00:01:36

https://www.bitchute.com/video/BOy4TKCO3lsu/

BOy4TKCO3lsu_640x360.webp.f849dd5c23427805384b0f33106f4989.webp

have you seen the rise in car insurance costs this year.

its doubling for some people.

the meerkat for the last 8 years have always got me a deal less than £200

i checked a few months ago the cheapest was £250

i checked last week cheapest was £270

youtubers are saying do this do that to reduce it but it doesn't help

the real reason is people have gone from leasing £18k new petrol cars to leasing £60k ev's

the more overpriced ev's on the road the higher the insurance cost for everyone.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

have you seen the rise in car insurance costs this year.

its doubling for some people.

the meerkat for the last 8 years have always got me a deal less than £200

i checked a few months ago the cheapest was £250

i checked last week cheapest was £270

youtubers are saying do this do that to reduce it but it doesn't help

the real reason is people have gone from leasing £18k new petrol cars to leasing £60k ev's

the more overpriced ev's on the road the higher the insurance cost for everyone.

Even worse if you have an EV it seems. I am not sure how representative this guys experience is, but his insurance quote went from £650 to over £3000 and one insurance company told him they won't be offering insurance for EV's going forward. As he has come to expensively realise, EV's are worthless;

31 minutes ago, Talorgan said:

So what happens if your in an electric car ,bus etc and it decides to ignite and the doors are electrically controlled?

I suppose need have little hammers  in cabinet by window like sometimes have on trains 

id say its a fair reason to carry a hammer with you at all times 😄

quentin wilson who was on fully charged with robert llewellyn jizzing over evs has an insurance company that wont insure evs

Edited by bamboozooka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bamboozooka said:

quentin wilson who was on fully charged with robert llewellyn jizzing over evs has an insurance company that wont insure evs

Yes like insurance for mRNA vaccines which I understand not available?

It does seem like in hurry to instigate agenda there is rush using poorly thought out technology like lithium batteries and hydrogen .As I remember they switched airships to helium as so inflammatory.

Perhaps narrative will be Donald finds his uncles papers on Tesla and

free energy ( a century late)and rest is scrapped?

Doubtful though as more likely get everyone hooked on electric cars then realise not practical so left with essential vehicles only,as planned 

Edited by Talorgan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

And to think that I used to play with Quentin (and his twin brother) when we were kids, well ....

• 3 weeks later...

Well here we go, 'opinion polls used as propaganda to social engineer'.

When you think about it, 'fuel duty' is already 'pay-as-you-drive', in that the more fuel you use - ie you do a lot of miles in your car - the more tax you pay in fuel duty.

Now on the other hand, vehicle excise duty, or "car/road tax" (whatever you call it) is currently a fixed amount per year depending on your vehicle.

The only people I can imagine who would really be in favour of scrapping the current fixed VED and replacing it with a 'pay-as-you-drive' model would be, er, people who don't use their cars a lot.

If this were to go ahead, those smug electric car owners who think they're saving money by not having to buy petrol or diesel, and thus aren't paying fuel duty, are going to end up seeing their car use become more expensive, especially if they use it a lot.

So the next question will be, how would this be measured, ie how would it be worked out how much tax you have to pay based on how many miles you've driven?

Well the answer must be pretty obvious - you'd have to stick some kind of 'meter' on everyone's vehicles!

Oh yeah, some kind of 'smart' tracking device, that will no doubt track all your vehicle movements as well as log how many miles you've driven. 🤫

It's pretty obvious which path people are being shepherded towards - the more you drive, the more it will cost you!

And here's some food for thought, ALL vehicles that use UK roads are subject to vehicle excise duty, including delivery vans/trucks, taxis, coaches and buses!

For each vehicle they operate, these companies know they have one fixed cost per year. Unless these types of vehicle get some special dispensation in the form of lower per-mile tax rates, suddenly operating costs are going to increase which means... everything goes up in price again!

Or maybe the 'pay-as-you-drive' tax plan is only intended for... private car owners!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Well here we go, 'opinion polls used as propaganda to social engineer'.

When you think about it, 'fuel duty' is already 'pay-as-you-drive', in that the more fuel you use - ie you do a lot of miles in your car - the more tax you pay in fuel duty.

Now on the other hand, vehicle excise duty, or "car/road tax" (whatever you call it) is currently a fixed amount per year depending on your vehicle.

The only people I can imagine who would really be in favour of scrapping the current fixed VED and replacing it with a 'pay-as-you-drive' model would be, er, people who don't use their cars a lot.

If this were to go ahead, those smug electric car owners who think they're saving money by not having to buy petrol or diesel, and thus aren't paying fuel duty, are going to end up seeing their car use become more expensive, especially if they use it a lot.

So the next question will be, how would this be measured, ie how would it be worked out how much tax you have to pay based on how many miles you've driven?

Well the answer must be pretty obvious - you'd have to stick some kind of 'meter' on everyone's vehicles!

Oh yeah, some kind of 'smart' tracking device, that will no doubt track all your vehicle movements as well as log how many miles you've driven. 🤫

It's pretty obvious which path people are being shepherded towards - the more you drive, the more it will cost you!

And here's some food for thought, ALL vehicles that use UK roads are subject to vehicle excise duty, including delivery vans/trucks, taxis, coaches and buses!

For each vehicle they operate, these companies know they have one fixed cost per year. Unless these types of vehicle get some special dispensation in the form of lower per-mile tax rates, suddenly operating costs are going to increase which means... everything goes up in price again!

Or maybe the 'pay-as-you-drive' tax plan is only intended for... private car owners!

But but but, no matter which way round you look at it the whole thing is just one big scam anyway, just another attempt to bamboozle the public once more with some cretinous worded scheme to fleece the life out of everyone.

Is not a filing station nothing more than a meter, aka pay as you drive

Is not the electric meter nothing more than a meter, aka pay as you drive

Is not feed bag nothing more than a meter for your horse, aka pay as you drive

The whole sorry mess needs throwing in the bin and started again, since it is the heaviest of vehicles that do the most damage and take up the most room to the road network infrastructure then it stands to reason that an increased road use charge should be applicable, and then scaled back to accommodate the lightest or smallest of vehicles and fairly applied across the spectrum, whether this is done through the fuel used or some other road use charge scheme seems sensible to me at least, and then we have the special use case of businesses whom seem to not be paying their fair share as per usual, the infrastructure needs to be maintained by all that use it and being electric is not a special use case.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Electric vehicles have 80% more problems than fuel-powered vehicles, a new report finds

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/who-makes-the-most-reliable-cars-a7824554938/

According to a new report from Consumer Reports, electric vehicles (“EVs”) have nearly 80% more problems and are generally less reliable than cars propelled by conventional internal combustion engines. 

The findings are based on a survey of Consumer Reports’ members about problems they’ve had with their vehicles in the prior year. The current report included data on more than 330,000 vehicles made between 2000 to 2023, with a few reports on new 2024 models.

We study 20 trouble areas, from nuisances – such as squeaky brakes and broken interior trim – to major bummers, such as potentially expensive out-of-warranty engine, transmission, EV battery, and EV charging problems. We use that information to give reliability ratings for every major mainstream model,” Consumer Reports wrote.

The consumer group found that EVs had 79% more problems than fuel-powered vehicles. Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles were even worse with an average of 146% more problems than internal combustion engines. By contrast, the analysis found that hybrid cars have about 26% fewer problems than fuel-powered cars.

EVs can have up to 12 trouble areas.  EV owners most frequently reported troubles with EV drive system motors, EV charging systems and EV batteries.  Flaws in how the vehicles’ body panels and interior parts fit together have also been reported.

Plug-in electric vehicles can experience all 20 trouble areas.  As well as experiencing all the same problems as internal combustion engines, EVs experience problems with electric motors, EV batteries and EV charging.

For more details, go to Consumer Report’s Guide to Car Reliability.

• Thanks 1

I'm sure any EV involvement in incidents is down played. There have been a couple near me recently.

One was in a shopping park.

There was a significant emergency services presence, an air ambulance & they erected a tent over the scene. Several parked cars were knocked into each other. One had a female driver, probably getting in or out of the car at the time as it seems the car door was open. Tragically I understand she's lost her lower leg...possibly amputated on site, hence the tent & air ambulance?

It's never been possible to pick up any significant speed around these parking areas, but EVs have instant torque. I would imagine knocking several cars together took some force. This was was an elderly female driving an EV. I have no idea if she had some kind of medical incident. 

There  just isn't enough lithium on the planet to make batteries for everyone, unless you massively reduce the world's population by 95%, kill off all the working class people, then the upper class snobs can have the planet all for themselves and all the batteries they want.

Solar, wind and water power made up for 1% of the world's energy expenditure for this year. It's not possible to 'go green' Green power is expensive, requires trillions of dollars of taxpayers money to implement, and is impossible with even the latest modern cutting edge technology

• Like 1