All electric cars by 2030?

GregC

You need fossil fuels to manufacture electric cars. They also don't work very well in many parts of the world were roads are steep and infrastructure is lacking. And they have low energy returns because of energy density issues.

On 11/10/2021 at 4:14 PM, GregC said:

I heard that we will have completely eliminated petrol/diesel cars by 2030, bit soon is it not? I thought it was like 2040 when we will stop using diesel/petrol cars?

I don't think the Saudis/the Saudi lobby will stand for that. Then again... It's been speculated that fifty years from now the number of Islamists on Earth will so greatly dwarf the technocrats that it will make the rise of even autonomous vehicles turn out to be in all likelihood a fleeting cultural phenomenon, if not an altogether non-starter, as we may very well at this time all be traveling by way of shackles and camel caravans, in this not-too-distant future that these wannabe and rising sharia-enforcers envision for mankind.

• Like 1

I saw a short clip put out by Max Igan  at the ,Crowhouse

showing a line of electric buses one caught fire and they were gutted almost instantly,

Bit of a fire trap really .I suppose it's the batteries

• Like 1

It makes me wonder how many times we might have been back to the stone age before ?

In right environment and if could shake off the dodgy priest class could be quite cool 

Edited by Talorgan
+

On 8/23/2022 at 12:49 AM, Talorgan said:

It makes me wonder how many times we might have been back to the stone age before ?

In right environment and if could shake off the dodgy priest class could be quite cool 

What if electric cars SECRETLY BURN GASOLINE, but it happens inside the battery pack where you can't see it???

Screenshot_20220825-004832_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Truthblast

• 2 weeks later...

Here in the Golden State, our Governor decreed no more gas vehicles will be sold in our fine state, within the next ten years. Less than a week after his announcement, we, the useless eaters of the state, have been receiving daily e-mail alerts and emergency text alerts to reduce our electric usage during our current heatwave. As of yesterday, they have begun to use gas powered generators to help out the power grid. 

I am to dump my Mustang for a Prius, but I can't use my air conditioner when the weather is hot?

From Breitbart

California Experiences Limited Blackouts as Power Demand Hits Record

The crisis is not over: authorities have issued another “Flex Alert” for Wednesday, the eighth consecutive such alert, during which consumers are urged to conserve power, including by not charging electric vehicles.

The Flex Alert will run from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Energy demand is highest in the afternoon due to the heat; at the same time,  power supplies experience a shortfall as solar energy begins to become unavailable.

The state has moved rapidly toward solar and wind energy while closing natural gas and nuclear power plants, leading to an energy crisis that officials must resolve as the state moves toward requiring all drivers to purchase electric vehicles after 2035, using 30% more power than the grid currently supplies.

Oh well, I'll see ya at the movies...

fe80faad27128bec5d3bdb3d759156a8.jpg

11 minutes ago, KingKitty said:

am to dump my Mustang for a Prius, but I can't use my air conditioner when the weather is hot?

yes ,

it's the same inverted pattern used when they launched plandemic,asimptomatic ect.

the end goal is to reduce the movment 

road trip that took 6h will take 9h or more with a refrigerator😏

18 hours ago, Dickwan said:

The Nissan Qashqai 'E-Power' does exactly this - has an electric engine but it's only used to charge a battery; the wheels are driven by electric motors. Not sure what I think about that concept.

not new

vauxhall ampera was doing it 10 years ago

the bmw i3 came in all electric or range extender flavour with an engine charging the battery

car manufacturers like using old tech and calling it new in ads to try to sell something.

you hear ads say self charging hybrids as a selling point yet they all self charge when you brake/coast

53 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

not new

vauxhall ampera was doing it 10 years ago

the bmw i3 came in all electric or range extender flavour with an engine charging the battery

car manufacturers like using old tech and calling it new in ads to try to sell something.

you hear ads say self charging hybrids as a selling point yet they all self charge when you brake/coast

Very interesting, I wasn't aware of the Vauxhall Ampera doing this 10 years ago! I only stumbled across the Nissan Qashqai 'E-Power' recently and thought it was novel. I guess there's nowt new under the sun.  

On 9/12/2022 at 8:55 PM, oddsnsods said:

They are running out of lithium for the battle against climate bollocks.🤤 Greta is not amused.

'We don’t have enough' lithium globally to meet EV targets, mining CEO says https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lithium-supply-ev-targets-miner-181513161.html

Alarmists house of cards BS is starting to fall..

Silly Greta : r/Memes_Of_The_Dank

So the plebs can't drive cars as there aren't enough to go round. Where's the problem? All part of the plan

They are running out of lithium for the battle against climate bollocks.🤤 Greta is not amused.

'We don’t have enough' lithium globally to meet EV targets, mining CEO says https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lithium-supply-ev-targets-miner-181513161.html

Maybe this is a cue to 'discover' a vast source of lithium somewhere "off-world"? Perhaps on the moon, or in one of the asteroids beyond Mars.

Thus then begins a new race for investors to funnel billions into 'projects' to 'get that damned lithium here'.

7 hours ago, k_j_evans said:

So the plebs can't drive cars as there aren't enough to go round. Where's the problem? All part of the plan

And in the meantime, you end up with a classic supply/demand problem, if such electric vehicles cannot be mass-produced, then they will never become as 'affordable' as petrol/diesel vehicles, thus they remain expensive and only affordable to the wealthy.

• Like 1

Alarmists house of cards BS is starting to fall..

Silly Greta : r/Memes_Of_The_Dank

He appears to be saying there isn't enough lithium in the USA. Which there may not be. There is enough lithium in the world to replace all the existing cars and more.

The major eviromental issue is it requires stripminning and it needs a great many more strip mines that no one is currently building or look likely to build by 2030.

So yes unless they get there skates on there will be no lithium for emvs

They are of course planning a energy future of using a  very finite resource that they need the cooperation of foreign governments to obtain. A bit like petrol

The countries that do have it can ration it and Jack the price up many fold a bit like petrol

Afghanistan could be getting very rich very soon

Edited by jois
  • Like 1

I've not yet seen an electric car pulling a caravan, that'll reduce the range quite a bit. Just imagine what it'll be like in future summer holidays on the M5 down to the west country with all those caravanners crowding the charger facilities at the service stations! Maybe now's a good time to buy shares. 😃 

Edited by Campion