Keeping an eye on the heart of football and other sports

DrDecorator

Will say it again, but why stop a match because someone in a crowd of thousands is taken unwell?

Treat the person, that's what the St Johns and other paramedics are there for, while the match continues. In what way does someone in a huge stadium receiving medical aid hinder the ability of a sporting match on the pitch to continue?

It's nonsense, so you have to ask....again....why?

On 1/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, Anti Facts Sir said:

Will say it again, but why stop a match because someone in a crowd of thousands is taken unwell?

Treat the person, that's what the St Johns and other paramedics are there for, while the match continues. In what way does someone in a huge stadium receiving medical aid hinder the ability of a sporting match on the pitch to continue?

It's nonsense, so you have to ask....again....why?

I saw a man die in front of me when I was a kid at a Wolves away game. We were in the stand at Brunton Park (Carlisle) and he just keeled over, quite probably with a heart attack. The game was never stopped. I recall occasional reports on the radio from 1976 to 2019 where a summariser might say:

"Wolves won the game quite easily in the finish. Sadly, we are hearing that a gentleman that suffered a suspected heart attack during the game died on the way to hospital. Our condolences go to his loved ones. Back to the studio..."

I have NEVER known a game to be stopped, which (in part) is why I made this thread in the first place. As reported on the megathread yet ANOTHER medical emergency at Ewood Park tonight where the game was stopped for 8 minutes in the game between Blackburn and Boro.

It really is nonsense and I think that perhaps the reason why games are being stopped is to CONCENTRATE the minds of the masses watching on the television to the normality of people collapsing so that the psyche will eventually accept it as always having happened. 

I also note that football is being shown in a compassionate light, as if the sanctity of life (all of a sudden) is of infinitely more importance than the game itself. We have heard endless plaudits being thrown in the directions of Marcus Rashford and Gary Neville this last two years or so. In decades gone past the impression was given that many footballers were either drunken brawlers, druggies, gamblers or promiscuous.

They really want people to think less Paul Merson or Dwight Yorke and more Mother Theresa. This again begs the question...why?

• Like 1

Spot on.

This "compassionate" agenda has even spread to the boardroom...Arsenal have given their useless boss a new deal not because the team are any good (they're still crap and going nowhere) but because he's made the right noises about COVID since 2020, pushing for squad pay cuts to help the NHS, and defended the club against accusations of using the pandemic to get matches called off.

Utter madness.

• Like 1

Game at Fulham has now been stopped for 20 minutes. Sickeningly, the commentator said that there is NOTHING new with all these medical emergencies - it is just that the game was never stopped in the past but now is. He then said that people should stop listening to the scaremongers.

1 hour ago, Saved said:

Game at Fulham has now been stopped for 20 minutes. Sickeningly, the commentator said that there is NOTHING new with all these medical emergencies - it is just that the game was never stopped in the past but now is. He then said that people should stop listening to the scaremongers.

Someone on telegram posted about two other matches that were stopped for the same reason? ???

Oldhan - Rochdale & Wycombe - MK

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/mk-dons/wycombe-wanderers-0-1-mk-dons-stockdale-makes-a-great-save-to-deny-corbeanu-3547029

'MK Dons’ medical staff head into the crowd in the Wycombe end to offer support of what looks like a medical situation, but it looks as though there are plenty of high-vis jackets there, and they head back to the dug out. Play pauses but it’s back underway. Four minutes to be added on, but expect a few more after that.'

Edited by numnuts

1 hour ago, Saved said:

Tosser. 

Yeah and so why did they keep stopping the fucking games now?

As I said elsewhere, this is all perfectly normal according to the commentator at Craven Cottage. It is only because football has become so caring and considerate that the players stop, whereas in the past when there were supporters collapsing every match day the players would continue to play on and most would be none the wiser to a medical emergency ever happening in the first place. The cheek of that lie (which I heard live on Talk Sport today) is just shocking and he even managed to lecture the listeners, that they should not listen to the scaremongers. I think it was Jim Proudfoot but I might be mistaken.

The stoppage at Fulham was 40 minutes long and the stoppage at Oldham was 23 minutes long.

• Like 1

And another one, at Bradford v Crawley today.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/wycombe-fulham-oldham-bradford-efl-b2003455.html

'Four EFL games halted due to medical incidents in the stands.'

'At Bradford, the club said their clash with Crawley was held up as a fan “looked in some discomfort” before adding that they were taken away by the club’s medical staff.'

Edited by numnuts

One report, from a few months ago, that I missed. Note how strong emphasis is placed on his pre-existing heart issue, but there is no mention of if and when he had been vaccinated. The fact remains that he was cleared to play.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/premier-league/3952697/raphael-dwamena-collapses-icd-heart-starter/

'Footballer collapses on pitch and is saved by ICD heart-starter, years after failing Brighton medical over cardiac fears.'

Edited by numnuts

On 10/23/2021 at 11:15 PM, numnuts said:

Nothing was ever indeed mentioned as a definitive cause of Eriksen's heart attack. We only later heard that he had been fitted with an ICD device. Like a lot of folks, I wondered whether it might be vaccine-related at the time and, if true, it will be a cold day in hell before the mass media ever run the story. However, there some news about his career prospects, which I do remember reading back in August. Nothing has come of it yet, though, and I suspect that if he does rejoin Ajax it now won't be until next season.

https://football-italia.net/eriksen-cant-play-for-inter-return-to-ajax-on-cards/

For those who might not have heard about it yet, Christian Eriksen has now signed for Brentford, until the end of this season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60116469

'Christian Eriksen: Former Tottenham midfielder joins Brentford on six-month deal.'

On 1/30/2022 at 5:44 PM, numnuts said:

One report, from a few months ago, that I missed. Note how strong emphasis is placed on his pre-existing heart issue, but there is no mention of if and when he had been vaccinated. The fact remains that he was cleared to play.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/premier-league/3952697/raphael-dwamena-collapses-icd-heart-starter/

'Footballer collapses on pitch and is saved by ICD heart-starter, years after failing Brighton medical over cardiac fears.'

I was a bit tired, when I made the above post, and maybe I didn't express myself very well. The point I really wanted to get across, was that these journalopes will happily give you someone's entire medical history, if it supports the notion that they didn't suffer any serious ill health from the Covid vaccines. On the other hand, they won't state one simple fact, as in someone was vaccinated, if it supports the notion that they did suffer some serious ill health from the Covid vaccines. That's not journalism; that's serious criminality. 

Edited by numnuts