Are magicians like dynamo performing real magic?

Fluke

Or is it just sleight of hand illusionism? I've heard some occultists say that a lot of magicians of the Paul Daniels type sometimes conjur real entities to help them perform some of the magical feats. And that the occult was kept hidden and promoted as stage magic. 

Abracadabra is of unknown origin, and its first occurrence is in the second century works of Serenus Sammonicus, according to the Oxford English Dictionary.[1] Several folk etymologies are associated with the word:[2] from phrases in Hebrew that mean "I will create as I speak",[3] or Aramaic "I create like the word" (אברא כדברא),[4] to folk etymologies that point to similar words in Latin and Greek such as abraxas[5] or to its similarity to the first four letters of the Greek alphabet (alpha-beta-gamma-delta or ΑΒΓΔ).[6] According to the OED Online, "no documentation has been found to support any of the various conjectures."[5]

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

Or is it just sleight of hand illusionism? I've heard some occultists say that a lot of magicians of the Paul Daniels type sometimes conjur real entities to help them perform some of the magical feats. And that the occult was kept hidden and promoted as stage magic. 

When I was a child, I had a 'Paul Daniels Magic Kit' (not a lot of people know that😅)

They say a "good magician never reveals their secrets", but a lot of 'simple' conjouring tricks can be attributed to optical illusion or 'sleight of hand', or plain and simple 'distraction' techniques.

I've only ever 'heard of' this Dynamo fella, but he became a big name some time ago. Watching some of those clips above, and the 'over-reaction' from some of the observers, just gives me the feeling that they are somehow staged or faked, and edited for video.

There are of course some magical feats carried out by famous conjourers that I will never likely ever be able to explain, but knowing what I know from reading David Icke's books and the nature of reality, it wouldn't surprise me if some people have the ability to operate outside of time and beyond our own visual perceptions in order to carry out their 'magic tricks'.

• Like 1

I'm convinced that some of the magic is real, and is psychologically preparing us for the energy science of the future. 'Beam me up Scotty' and all that. One of my favourite Dynamo tricks is the large quantity of fish that he conjures from a small bucket. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

I'm convinced that some of the magic is real, and is psychologically preparing us for the energy science of the future. 'Beam me up Scotty' and all that. One of my favourite Dynamo tricks is the large quantity of fish that he conjures from a small bucket. 

What about the money note. He changes the number by putting his finger over it. Is that real or trickery

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 3:00 PM, Diesel said:

This magic trick by Muhammed Ali simply blew my mind. The full interview is also worth watching.

My initially thought was...this is hypnosis and it still could be but I think he might have also known how to charge it with cosmic energy which you use your third eye. You can practise it using a candle or the Sun.

While these stage magicians may be mimicking the real magic..... materialisation does exist. I think the story of Buddha walking a path and flowers springing up as he walked is true. There was a Japanese inventor Kazumi Masaki who could do it with a clap of his hands. He received all the ideas of electrical goods we all have in our houses e.g. camera, tv, washing machine, friedge etc and gave the patents freely to the manufacturers because he said he received the blueprint from the 'god'. I've only discovered about him today. Very interesting guy.

Edited by DaleP
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 7:48 PM, DaleP said:

My initially thought was...this is hypnosis and it still could be but I think he might have also known how to charge it with cosmic energy which you use your third eye. You can practise it using a candle or the Sun.

There's a lot to be said for the 'power of suggestion', which also ties in with hypnosis.

I'm an amateur Card Magician (I'm quite good) every once in a while a trick goes wrong and I lose the card I'm controlling, when that happens I just pull any random card out of the deck fully expecting it to be wrong yet sometimes it is actually the right card! 

Most magical tricks are just clever slight of hand or 'self working' mechanisms - no skill involved, but most magicians also have an interest or respect for the occult.

For the record, even though I know probably all stage magic tricks are fake, I still believe in magic. I've seen it for myself.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pi3141 said:

I'm an amateur Card Magician (I'm quite good) every once in a while a trick goes wrong and I lose the card I'm controlling, when that happens I just pull any random card out of the deck fully expecting it to be wrong yet sometimes it is actually the right card! 

Most magical tricks are just clever slight of hand or 'self working' mechanisms - no skill involved, but most magicians also have an interest or respect for the occult.

For the record, even though I know probably all stage magic tricks are fake, I still believe in magic. I've seen it for myself.

But if I wanted to move my finger across a 10 note and turn it into a 20 how would I do that?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

There's a lot to be said for the 'power of suggestion', which also ties in with hypnosis.

Yes, you can have an open brain surgery without an anesthetic.

20 minutes ago, Fluke said:

But if I wanted to move my finger across a 10 note and turn it into a 20 how would I do that?

You are modest. I'd want it to turn into 100s. lol

For this, I'd use a different technique. ;)

1 hour ago, DaleP said:

You are modest. I'd want it to turn into 100s. lol

For this, I'd use a different technique. ;)

But he does a trick where he rubs his finger across writing and changes it is that occult power or trickery?