Lamborghinis & Ladas - Automotive Thread

• SuperstarNeilC changed the title to Lamborghinis & Ladas - Automotive Thread
12 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

ever see shmee150 on youtube?

'That is a colour that only a Lamborghini can wear'   🤣 love it, that is a colour that only a tasteless ponce would choose'
Brilliant!  (I'm not jealous - honest) ,  just find it funny that 'Ssshmee' has chosen that colour for a Lamborghini.
How to ruin a car before you've even driven it'

Great thread idea though Neil.

12 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Ya ya, expensive sports cars, whatever.

I occasionally get to ride on one of these half a million pound bad boys:

😆 🚌

You keep your half million pound bad boy meat wagon grumpy, I love them sportscars, they being well fast, and dead sexy looking 'an ting' ... however, I do agree, when I see someone (usually well over 60 years old) in a Lamborghini or Ferrari about town nowadays - I do think 'what a twat he looks in that'  and - "what business are you in to afford that fucker?  - and to whose detriment?"

I think they are going to be very brave (most likely stupid) to be driving round in a supercar when the shit really starts hitting the fan.

9 hours ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

You keep your half million pound bad boy meat wagon grumpy, I love them sportscars, they being well fast, and dead sexy looking 'an ting' ... however, I do agree, when I see someone (usually well over 60 years old) in a Lamborghini or Ferrari about town nowadays - I do think 'what a twat he looks in that'  and - "what business are you in to afford that fucker?  - and to whose detriment?"

I think they are going to be very brave (most likely stupid) to be driving round in a supercar when the shit really starts hitting the fan.

Considering it is apparently the most deprived area of Birmingham, I find it remarkable how often I see Lamborghinis and Ferraris razzing around the back streets of Sparkbrook where I work. The truth is they're being driven by 'bad boys' who hire them out for the day just so they can impress their 'bros' and 'fam', or are owned by drug dealers who aren't concerned about making themselves stand out because the police just leave them to it.

9 hours ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

This is one fast leafblower:

I'm of an age where I can remember Ladas being a laughing stock. And believe it or not, so were Skodas.

10 hours ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

You keep your half million pound bad boy meat wagon grumpy

😆

I'll leave you boys to your flashy sportscars or whatever takes your fancy, but seriously, these new electric buses are worth just shy of half a million pounds each, I overheard a conversation once between an angry bus inspector and a roadworks contract worker who had just closed off a major road which confirmed that fact. They are very nice vehicles to travel on too, I will add.

23 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Ya ya, expensive sports cars, whatever.

...not just expensive sports cars though Grumpy  I agree  - a subject like this could possibly be shallow and predictable testosterone virtue signalling  - but I think superstarneil has been clever in making the title  Lamborghinis & ladas. (& everything inbetween)
First car for instance, usually very shit,  (no one's asked but here it is anyway) mine was a Talbot Horizon, the girls they all loved me. (in my dreams)
(actually was a sweet little ride)
image.png.f0749a29c2960d0ad02cb048b22aaec5.png

and (make-believe) Simon out of the inbetweeners reaction to his first car was quite funny:

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

😆

They are very nice vehicles to travel on too, I will add.

Nice one Grumpy, I have to agree with you, a smooth ride indeed - I think you can get an old diesel second hand de-commissioned one for about a for a few grand (ish) nowadays I like to see a double decker done up nice as a converted house on wheels thingy, (saw one on telly a few weeks ago)

On 10/7/2021 at 9:52 PM, sickofallthebollocks said:

My favourite car from the films was this beauty from Condorman:  (music in this film great too)

Thanks for the reminder, I had almost forgotten all about that film!

And yes, that car was a bit of a step up from a Morris Minor... (yes Michael Crawford was the star of 'Condorman'!)

• Haha 1

Lamborghini is ready for Movember!

The importance of men’s health is perfectly represented by Movember. Co-founder Justin Coghlan and Global Director of Men’s Health Promotion Programmes, Sarah Coghlan visited our headquarters in Sant’Agata Bolognese. We had a great conversation with them about all the different topics on which Movember is involved. Enjoy the video and join the movement.

Edited by SuperstarNeilC