Is This Site Of Any Worth?

ink

Posted (edited)
On 10/4/2021 at 6:43 PM, screamingeagle said:

i thought that you'r dead,but i guess this is a good excuse 

Don't know if I have ever been born .... have some hope though??

So I have changed the forum to a 'site' .... not pretty but is a start.

Cheated (as I had to) by using a general video image for the already uploaded videos .... all the next uploads will have their own image place holders and I will, in time, sort out those with the temp image (not too important but would be nice).

The dates are when I saved them (most will be close enough but some will be a mile out)

All go full screen if you want and all can be downloaded.

I just wonder how the server will cope .... but then most of you have seen much which is on there currently .... so probably not bad.

Have checked a load of links and found some broken (fixed them) but I can't check all of them .... will have to make a reporting system of some type!

Still don't know why  .... lol

Edited by ink

3 hours ago, ink said:

Don't know if I have ever been born .... have some hope though??

So I have changed the forum to a 'site' .... not pretty but is a start.

Cheated (as I had to) by using a general video image for the already uploaded videos .... all the next uploads will have their own image place holders and I will, in time, sort out those with the temp image (not too important but would be nice).

The dates are when I saved them (most will be close enough but some will be a mile out)

All go full screen if you want and all can be downloaded.

I just wonder how the server will cope .... but then most of you have seen much which is on there currently .... so probably not bad.

Have checked a load of links and found some broken (fixed them) but I can't check all of them .... will have to make a reporting system of some type!

Still don't know why  .... lol

Don't know you but you seem to be a hard working guy...I agree with what someone said previously that it is very nice to keep documents/archives/footage. But we are at a overwhelming time in human history(history i think i know) in term of amount of information available, in any media form.

In regard of the site design, i personally never been stopped by a minimalist design of a web page. I like those beautiful designs of banners and all of that. But i think i do not appreciate those as much as i did in the past. The templates of some website are soooo over complex with a almost infinite amount of layers and calls to server that host this and that just to locate the template and uploading it....shit same thing for android apps, when i discovered what it is really required in term of coding for example, to turn on the camera LED as flashlight, all the infrastructure is already in....anyways i digress.......I like minimalist designs. those good things that do what they are supposed and design to do with limited chances of crashing, if they do crash much easier to figure out what the fuck is. I never tough when i started tipping that i could have that much to say about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1