Jump to content

UK mandating fluoride in the water


Mikhail Liebestein

Recommended Posts

On 10/23/2023 at 12:56 AM, factJack said:

forgive me i dont understand this post. Did your teeth break after stop using fluridated water and toothpaste?

They become brittle recently after fluoridation of water started... So my experience doesn't prove it's good for teeth... Quite opposite 🥴 ANd if they would really care they would give a choice to take free supplements from the pharmacy - like they do with flu jabs. Rich can just install good water filter. We poor have to drink this poison for our own good - it's probably for the "be happy" part...🙄

Edited by Human10
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2023 at 9:26 PM, Martin1234 said:

When I enquired they told me it takes out nearly all the flouride, any heavy metals will be gone, rust, viruses and bacteria too. Limescale.

 

Just need a tap that has a drinking water spout on it.

 

It won't remove the minerals from the water like reverse osmosis or distilling.

 

I'd be very wary of these claims. Things are either in solution, or if they can't dissolve they remain in suspension. Theoretically you COULD maybe remove some of the "problem" ions with A/B extraction along with multiple layers of filtration. The stack would likely end with a "pH buffer" - but what are they finally adding to your water - to ensure the end result is neither too acidic or too basic? Who knows 🤔

 

Fluoride is a "mineral", as are solutions of heavy metals. Maybe they are talking about "particles" (precipitated non-soluble compounds, or "bits" of lead/copper from the old piping maybe). I've seen lab two reports of absolutely GROSSLY, filthy water, being used to back up the claims of "activated carbon" filters for example. These work on adsorbtion (different to absorption), but needs a large surface area and a long contact time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, k_j_evans said:

Hah! I used to get 35% easily. Now you can't. Not even 10%. The 3% stuff is for making your hair blonde

 

Where are you looking? I found a litre of the 12% food grade stuff on eBay for £7.89 incl postage if you're in the UK. 

 

Very first seller at the top of my screenshot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2023 at 12:25 AM, Chris P said:

or "bits" of lead/copper from the old piping maybe).

I read somewhere about benefits from drinking from copper cup. I plan to experiment by putting an old PC copper heat sink into my jug of distilled water, and seeing how I feel before parting with the £5 to buy a copper cup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, factJack said:

I read somewhere about benefits from drinking from copper cup. I plan to experiment by putting an old PC copper heat sink into my jug of distilled water, and seeing how I feel before parting with the £5 to buy a copper cup.

 

I don't know about copper health effects. Was just generalising, ie "bits" can be filtered versus dissolved "ions" that will pass through. 

 

Personally I would not be comfortable adding random electronic copper items to my drinking water, unless I was certain of the purity - eg low lead content (including residue from previous soldering).

 

If you're using distilled water I doubt very much metal will be dissolved anyway, as H2O is pretty much pH neutral. 

 

Remember the Flint Michigan lead poisoning disaster? The original supply pipes were made of lead, but the health problems began when the previous supply of relatively pH neutral water, was switched to a more acidic source.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had an idea.

 

Prior to the introduction of "supplied" water, pretty much every high street or hamlet had a well, spring or village pump with a clean water supply. 

 

Many of these have been removed, others still remain but haven't been maintained. Maybe it's time to start fixing them up again?

 

Can't see too many residents complaining. In the places where the water does still flow they tend to make an attractive water feature. Even attracting tourists apparently!

 

Screenshot_20231106_024015.jpg.32f5b09b9f85c99eb2a74d6c764b5653.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chris P said:

Just had an idea.

 

Prior to the introduction of "supplied" water, pretty much every high street or hamlet had a well, spring or village pump with a clean water supply. 

 

Many of these have been removed, others still remain but haven't been maintained. Maybe it's time to start fixing them up again?

 

Can't see too many residents complaining. In the places where the water does still flow they tend to make an attractive water feature. Even attracting tourists apparently!

 

Screenshot_20231106_024015.jpg.32f5b09b9f85c99eb2a74d6c764b5653.jpg

 

How did they get the water clean enough to drink in the olden days

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jack121 said:

How did they get the water clean enough to drink in the olden days

 

Not sure what you're asking? Spring water doesn't generally need "getting clean" and  it wasn't piped far in most cases - at least here in the UK where springs are everywhere.

 

Obviously there were exceptions to the above and that's where health suffered! But supplies weren't being deliberately contaminated on an industrial scale as we see today. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Chris P said:

 

Not sure what you're asking? Spring water doesn't generally need "getting clean" and  it wasn't piped far in most cases - at least here in the UK where springs are everywhere.

 

Obviously there were exceptions to the above and that's where health suffered! But supplies weren't being deliberately contaminated on an industrial scale as we see today.

Good point. I remember we had a spring near us and the water tasted so clean and fresh, people were coming from miles away to fill buckets. Then the council found out and they threw a dead cow into the spring, labelled it as a health hazard and sealed the spring over - no more clean water

The only water source near us now is a river, but i don't know if we can drink from it. Someone told me as long as the water is moving it is fine to drink - not sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2023 at 2:47 AM, Chris P said:

Just had an idea.

 

Prior to the introduction of "supplied" water, pretty much every high street or hamlet had a well, spring or village pump with a clean water supply. 

 

Many of these have been removed, others still remain but haven't been maintained. Maybe it's time to start fixing them up again?

 

Can't see too many residents complaining. In the places where the water does still flow they tend to make an attractive water feature. Even attracting tourists apparently!

 

Screenshot_20231106_024015.jpg.32f5b09b9f85c99eb2a74d6c764b5653.jpg

Love this olde world stuff. For years i've walked past these old milestones, not realising what they were or actually were used for. Now they're all overgrown with grass and bushes but they are fun to investigate, i peeled a milestone away and it showed a picture of a guy wearing a pied piper kind of hat, with a hobo stick over his shoulder, smiling and waving

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Campion said:

Also I've heard stories about walkers drinking from nice looking hillside streams only to discover a dead sheep further upstream. 

 

Haha yeah. Big difference between a spring you can see.. and a stream 😟

 

Used to drink from streams when I was younger. Never ill but it's pot luck I guess! Now I'd use an antibacterial filter for that hillside stream, and check the map for old mine workings too! 

 

Most of Yorkshire's water isn't artificially fluoridated.. allegedly this is because some of the tributaries seep out of old fluorospar mines - so it's already in it 😂 

Edited by Chris P
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jack121 said:

Right, but i'm still uncertain how people drunk water back in the olde days when there were no antibacterial filters. Did everyone boil their water,

You drank from clear water sources, not marshes or standing water. Bede mentions that Edwin(? I forget) ordered cups to be put near good water sources for travellers. Urban areas tended to have lead pipe systems and cisterns (since the Romans), which can't have been good for you - but alkaline water wouldn't dissolve the lead. Mostly, you followed common sense and hoped for the best. There was some weak beer brewed for ordinary people. Richer people would drink beer and wine (with more nutrients than water and fewer nasties), and therefore stayed healthier, fatter and richer. Also hot herbal teas were used when you had enough fuel.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2023 at 10:14 PM, Chris P said:
On 11/6/2023 at 8:08 AM, jack121 said:

How did they get the water clean enough to drink in the olden days

 

Not sure what you're asking? Spring water doesn't generally need "getting clean" and  it wasn't piped far in most cases - at least here in the UK where springs are everywhere.

 

You thanked me for this reply.. then today:

 

13 hours ago, jack121 said:

Right, but i'm still uncertain how people drunk water back in the olde days when there were no antibacterial filters. Did everyone boil their water,

 

 

Not sure why you're repeating the same question 🤔

 

I've drank from many "untreated" water sources and I'm still here. Just mostly used common sense (and possibly had luck on my side the times I haven't).

 

Anyway isn't this thread supposed to be more specifically about water fluoridation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Chris P said:

 

You thanked me for this reply.. then today:

 

 

 

Not sure why you're repeating the same question 🤔

 

I've drank from many "untreated" water sources and I'm still here. Just mostly used common sense (and possibly had luck on my side the times I haven't).

 

Anyway isn't this thread supposed to be more specifically about water fluoridation?

Because the question i asked was not answered. I asked how they cleaned the water in the olden days, and you started talking about water sourced from springs, this is not a method of cleaning dirty water

That's why i repeated it, with the suggestion that could they have boiled the water

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, jack121 said:

Because the question i asked was not answered. I asked how they cleaned the water in the olden days, and you started talking about water sourced from springs, this is not a method of cleaning dirty water

That's why i repeated it, with the suggestion that could they have boiled the water

 

Fair point. 

 

From what I understand most settlements originated around a clean water source. 

 

Those that originated around a dirty water source largely died off or relocated (preventing settlement growth). Also didn't a large number (best case scenario) of children die while they were still young as a matter of course? I guess the ones that survived would have gained significant immunity.

 

As you stated, one can also boil the water which will kill microorganisms. The sterile water can then be brewed into beer if you wish to store it. This was (and still is 🤪🍻) definitively popular.

 

Hops or pine + ethanol = antibacterial & antifungal.

 

Think I've heard of filtration (layers of sand and charcoal) being used somewhere in the middle east - I haven't looked much into this myself though so I'm not sure how effective it would be for removing pathogens. 

Edited by Chris P
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know when this is happening?

 

I've been speaking to some of the filler people who said my current levels of flouride are very low, so not much point in installing a filter system with the intention of reducing flouride due to the fact that it is already so low.

 

However, seems that may change soon so I have started looking at it again.

 

I currently use a jug system that reduces flouride, micro plastics etc, but there is going to be a point where I need to install a filter.

 

Considered reverse osmosis but that'll need a pump system too due to the pressure of my mains water.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Martin1234 said:

Does anyone know when this is happening?

 

I've been speaking to some of the filler people who said my current levels of flouride are very low, so not much point in installing a filter system with the intention of reducing flouride due to the fact that it is already so low.

 

However, seems that may change soon so I have started looking at it again.

 

I currently use a jug system that reduces flouride, micro plastics etc, but there is going to be a point where I need to install a filter.

 

Considered reverse osmosis but that'll need a pump system too due to the pressure of my mains water.

 

Do not be duped by thinking it's low enough. It is poison and it will only add more overload on top of toxins you are being exposed. Your body will have no time to repair...overload after overload. Resist!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...