Jump to content

Have I done the right thing? Feeling deflated.


ItsTheTruthThough
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have been homeschooling my children since September 2020. Generally, they are doing very well and working at least 1 year ahead of their year levels. Reasons for homeschooling were the obvious - didn’t want them masked, tracked, standing in boxes etc and the worst of all I didn’t want them jabbed which is happening now to secondary school aged children.

 

My sister has always been against this (she’s jabbed and believes the narrative) and although she has never really stepped out of line with her running my decision down, she’s often talking about me putting them back into schools. This has been grating on me for the past year but worse of all is their fathers increasing comments about this issue. He is in support for most things, and certainly doesn’t want them jabbed or tested, but for example if any of the the children forget something simple over the 6 week holidays like a maths equation he will say angrily ‘they need to be back in school’ despite them remembering just fine once I refresh their memories.

He says the same thing if a tricky subject comes up too which has done in science where I’m struggling to wrap my head around it since I’m not a qualified teacher. This doesn’t happen too often and as I said generally, they are doing great and working ahead of their year and finding that easy.

 

I’m starting to feel like I’m doing wrong. I know they are missing out on friendships and that whole experience, but from my point of view I’m putting their health and lives ahead of a state-education. I feel like I’m the only one really addressing this issue but recently feel like just putting them back in school as I feel like I’m going against the grain alone. 

 

Am I doing the right thing? Is this really health and life over a government education or am I over reacting? 

 

Edited by ItsTheTruthThough
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ItsTheTruthThough said:

am I over reacting?

 

When most others are chronically under reacting (due to hypnosis, wilful ignorance, etc), it's easy to assume there's something wrong with us instead. Are there any local support groups out there for parents in a similar situation? Even just one or two other like minded parents/friends would help a lot.  I wish you all the strength needed to make the right decisions for your children.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, spideysensei said:

 

When most others are chronically under reacting (due to hypnosis, wilful ignorance, etc), it's easy to assume there's something wrong with us instead. Are there any local support groups out there for parents in a similar situation? Even just one or two other like minded parents/friends would help a lot.  I wish you all the strength needed to make the right decisions for your children.

 


Thank you, it really is tough. I think there are some support groups I’ve been told of, but they are on Facebook which I have not used and don’t wish to use ever again after closing my account a few years ago. Maybe I’ll have to bite the bullet and open my account again to get some support…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you've done the right thing.

we've got no idea where society is going over the next couple of years.

kids will forget subjects whether they are at school or home.

i'd counter that argument with "kids have spent less time at school and the number of good grades has doubled"

i've just finished the 2nd week of homeschooling

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

you've done the right thing.

we've got no idea where society is going over the next couple of years.

kids will forget subjects whether they are at school or home.

i'd counter that argument with "kids have spent less time at school and the number of good grades has doubled"

i've just finished the 2nd week of homeschooling


How are you finding it so far? I’ve not actually spoke directly to anyone who has actually took the leap and homeschooled yet. It’s great to know first hand of others 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leisa said:

I'm so glad my kids are mostly adults now... I would b pulling them out of the propaganda centers IMMEDIATELY... You are doing the right thing.... 

 

That’s another thing I forgot to add - I also believe these government schools are propaganda centres and I’m glad to have them out of there for that reason too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ItsTheTruthThough said:


How are you finding it so far? I’ve not actually spoke directly to anyone who has actually took the leap and homeschooled yet. It’s great to know first hand of others 😊

i find it no different to when they were homeschooled during lockdown.

my child is doing online video lessons that were put in place during the lockdowns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ItsTheTruthThough said:

I have been homeschooling my children since September 2020. Generally, they are doing very well and working at least 1 year ahead of their year levels. Reasons for homeschooling were the obvious - didn’t want them masked, tracked, standing in boxes etc and the worst of all I didn’t want them jabbed which is happening now to secondary school aged children.

 

My sister has always been against this (she’s jabbed and believes the narrative) and although she has never really stepped out of line with her running my decision down, she’s often talking about me putting them back into schools. This has been grating on me for the past year but worse of all is their fathers increasing comments about this issue. He is in support for most things, and certainly doesn’t want them jabbed or tested, but for example if any of the the children forget something simple over the 6 week holidays like a maths equation he will say angrily ‘they need to be back in school’ despite them remembering just fine once I refresh their memories.

He says the same thing if a tricky subject comes up too which has done in science where I’m struggling to wrap my head around it since I’m not a qualified teacher. This doesn’t happen too often and as I said generally, they are doing great and working ahead of their year and finding that easy.

 

I’m starting to feel like I’m doing wrong. I know they are missing out on friendships and that whole experience, but from my point of view I’m putting their health and lives ahead of a state-education. I feel like I’m the only one really addressing this issue but recently feel like just putting them back in school as I feel like I’m going against the grain alone. 

 

Am I doing the right thing? Is this really health and life over a government education or am I over reacting? 

 

I would say that only you as the parent knows what's best for your child.

 

As an outsider looking in. I would definitely homeschool my children, even if it weren't for covid, simply because of the indoctrination and the fact that they don't learn any real life skills in lessons at school. I think the main benefit of school is the social aspect. 

 

I think the best thing to do would be to actively form a network of similar parents where you can share ideas and strategies and get the child some friend time.

 

Just on the covid reason alone. I wouldn't put a mask on or take a vaccine so if a school was insisting on this or threatening to for participation, then I would also remove them for this reason alone. Would seem wrong for me not having to injure myself but then let my child go out and injure themselves,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keeping your children safe from the jabbers and safe from the brainwashing BS on a daily basis is THE most important thing.

 

If your kids want to learn/study something that is currently beyond your abilities (in comparison to a so-called qualified teacher), then there is plenty of time for them to do so by themselves if necessary. Most of the crap I was brain fed at school has been of no use to me, and mostly forgotten. What doesn't get forgotten is a good work ethic, a love of knowledge and an interest in things.

 

So I would say yes, you are doing the right thing. And the only thing a proper parent should do. Protect their offspring. Learning can be done at any time. Keeping them from the jab is an immediate threat.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went to school until I was 18. I always wondered why I had to memorize shit by heart when I could go to a Public library and look it up. Now it's 10 times worse. Why the fuck would I need to know how to draw a picture of a fucking Bessemer Converter or who the king of France was in 1895, when I can look it up on the web in minutes?

 

Apart from, Maths, English and writing. I can honestly say that I've never used anything that I had to memorize at school for their stupid fucking exams.

 

Schools are purely for brainwashing now. The standard is set for the morons to pass. My wife went for an accounting exam a few years ago. She sat waiting to go in with a bunch of Muslims and Blacks. They were all reading the same book. She managed to nick one. It had the answers to all the questions - only for Blacks and Muslims. Fucking marvelous. She never bothered with another one.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mikheil said:

 

Schools are purely for brainwashing now. The standard is set for the morons to pass. My wife went for an accounting exam a few years ago. She sat waiting to go in with a bunch of Muslims and Blacks. They were all reading the same book. She managed to nick one. It had the answers to all the questions - only for Blacks and Muslims. Fucking marvelous. She never bothered with another one.

 

That sounds like the kind of thing a teacher has to do for the special needs kids at school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2021 at 9:35 AM, Mikheil said:

I went to school until I was 18. I always wondered why I had to memorize shit by heart when I could go to a Public library and look it up. Now it's 10 times worse. Why the fuck would I need to know how to draw a picture of a fucking Bessemer Converter or who the king of France was in 1895, when I can look it up on the web in minutes?

And once they've re-written every article on the web to suit their agenda, the Bessemer converter will be a device stolen from aboriginals by the evil colonialist, Sir Henry Bessemer. There was no French monarchy in 1895 but with the new history, it's possible that one might be retroactively installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Creative writing, comprehension, home economics (cooking etc) debating (this was common in the 70's and early 80's), basic maths (percentages, ratios, fractions, times tables, division, subtraction, addition) - these were and still are the only things from aged 5 to 18 that I use to get on in life.

 

History, geography, biology, chemistry, physics, economics - many thousands of hours of study and of no use to me still at the age of 55.

 

As mentioned above, these subjects can be looked up on the internet and some of them can also be 'revised' to suit the present.

 

I would say that learning chess aged seven has been of far more importance than those six subjects. I learnt how to make and change decisions according to my opponent's moves and likely moves. Chess was great for developing memory, strategy and tactics as well as continually looking to agendas within agendas from your opponent. Chess basically teaches you to think way beyond what is immediately in front of you.

 

Another skill outside of any curriculum (and more useful) is the ability to read people and situations. Sensitivity to atmospheres, micro expressions, changing tones of voices, body language, clusters - I know when people are lying to me. Because my memory for the things people say in the context of conversations is not far off photographic, I often catch people out in their lies even if no signs are showing (which they invariably do, anyway).

 

Nobody can teach me the most important things in a classroom.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2021 at 6:34 AM, Saved said:

Creative writing, comprehension, home economics (cooking etc) debating (this was common in the 70's and early 80's), basic maths (percentages, ratios, fractions, times tables, division, subtraction, addition) - these were and still are the only things from aged 5 to 18 that I use to get on in life.

 

History, geography, biology, chemistry, physics, economics - many thousands of hours of study and of no use to me still at the age of 55.

 

When I worked in the Post Office sorting office, knowing British geography made me one of the fastest on the sorting frame as I automatically knew which towns were where. Physics can be handy when trying to balance a barbell - I was always amazed by the number of lads who couldn't do that as I though it was common sense. Chemistry useful if you want to blow something up - or not. Biology can be useful if you want to avoid the NHS or the vet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember at school. We had certain compulsory subjects (Maths, English Language, English Literature, Fucking Frog, after that by the 3rd Form, you could pick I loved English and Literature. I won prizes for essays. I loved Chemistry, Physics, Biology. I Got 9 'O' Levels. Then they called me in to the careers master.

"What career are you going to follow when you leave schools or University." 

"I want to be a veterinarian." says I. He looks in his book.

"Oh no, you can't do that. You need Latin and you didn't take Latin did you?"

"Isn't it a bit fucking late to tell me that now?"

 

It's amazing, I ended up as a Business Manager, Computer Engineer, a firearms instructor, a Martial Arts instructor and a consultant dog trainer. 

 

When I was a consultant dog trainer for the military, one letter from the General to the veterinary college and they didn't even ask me if I was literate before they enrolled me into the veterinary course. Latin? What's that?

 

Ain't life fucking great? Did I ever practice veterinary medicine? Not a fuck. By then I'd learned it was an even bigger fucking ripoff than human medicine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...