Disgusting people today

itsnotallrightjack

What the f- is up with young people today? Creating instagram accounts and posting videos of sweaty armpits and holding up soiled period knickers is just disgusting. Sure we all sweat, and women have periods but really do we need to have put it all out there?! What next? Posting photos or videos of people having a dump? Perhaps I'm old fashioned but I believe in some standards of propriety. 

https://www.instagram.com/bxsassy/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

What the f- is up with young people today? Creating instagram accounts and posting videos of sweaty armpits and holding up soiled period knickers is just disgusting. Sure we all sweat, and women have periods but really do we need to have put it all out there?! What next? Posting photos or videos of people having a dump? Perhaps I'm old fashioned but I believe in some standards of propriety. 

Nothing wrong with having standards & morals OP. & if that's classed as old fashioned then so be it. I've not viewed images. but I can imagine. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlueSky said:

One of your idols?

I abandoned idols of all kinds 40 years ago. But Zappa was a very good guitarist and an excellent composer of both rock and modern classical music. His life story is well known from a couple of biographies and assorted newspaper, TV, and radio interviews

I could give other examples of people breaking the common standards of propriety going back hundreds of years before 1967 or any year since. I have better things to do.

2 hours ago, BlueSky said:

13 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

A lot of people seem to have lost touch with what is better left private and what is okay to share publicly. Boundaries have been blurred by the internet, the drop in personal face-to-face contact with good friends, shit TV and the encouragement of over-sharing your life with others.

Glad I can't be bothered with any social media.

• Like 2

A lot of these "trends" are actually created by the elites and promoted heavily. Whether it be the ice bucket challenge or any other stupid stuff they basically love to humiliate people. 

If you can emotionally detach its quite good to observe these new cultural trends to get a feel for where the masses are being led and their mindset. 

On 9/7/2021 at 4:07 AM, itsnotallrightjack said:

The problem as I see it is that many of the younger generation think they have some kind of a future in becoming a 'social media influencer'. They hear about these 'influencers' making loads of money from sponsorships and advertising, and think they can do the same.

Even the term 'influencer' gives me the chills.

Alternatively, the other way I look at things like Instagram and Facebook in particular, is that it becomes a form of attention-seeking, and getting that dopamine hit from the 'likes' and 'reactions'.

I do sporadically use Facebook myself, and definitely in the last few days I've started 'ignoring' certain people, because I'm sick of their vague, petty, attention/sympathy-seeking posts. You know the type, the ones that end up with replies such as:

"Looking good hon!"

"What's up?"

"Inbox me"

"Everything okay?"

"You can get through this!"

or some stupid GIF

16 hours ago, Fluke said:

A lot of these "trends" are actually created by the elites and promoted heavily. Whether it be the ice bucket challenge or any other stupid stuff they basically love to humiliate people. 

If you can emotionally detach its quite good to observe these new cultural trends to get a feel for where the masses are being led and their mindset. 

Oh yes, I don't doubt that. I started seeing those seeds being planted years ago. It started with 'simple' Facebook challenges, like 'post an album cover every day for a week' and then 'nominate' someone else to do the same. It then somehow evolved into that stupid 'ice bucket challenge' with the added 'for charity' caveat, and then of course there was something involving eating washing gel pods. (which is just dumb)

Its designed to test the 'sheep mentality' as well as the 'peer pressure' response. You either take part because someone else has nominated you and you don't want to face rejection/humiliation by your 'peers' (your supposed 'friends'!), or you just do it 'because everyone else is doing it'.

"Well done!"

"So proud of you!"

etc etc

But as we've seen over the last eighteen months or so, all this behavioural manipulation through social media has really highlighted itself.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

The problem as I see it is that many of the younger generation think they have some kind of a future in becoming a 'social media influencer'. They hear about these 'influencers' making loads of money from sponsorships and advertising, and think they can do the same.

Alternatively, the other way I look at things like Instagram and Facebook in particular, is that it becomes a form of attention-seeking, and getting that dopamine hit from the 'likes' and 'reactions'.

I do sporadically use Facebook myself, and definitely in the last few days I've started 'ignoring' certain people, because I'm sick of their vague, petty, attention/sympathy-seeking posts. You know the type, the ones that end up with replies such as:

"Looking good hon!"

"What's up?"

"Inbox me"

"Everything okay?"

or some stupid GIF

Oh yes, I don't doubt that. I started seeing those seeds being planted years ago. It started with 'simple' Facebook challenges, like 'post an album cover every day for a week' and then 'nominate' someone else to do the same. It then somehow evolved into that stupid 'ice bucket challenge' with the added 'for charity' caveat, and then of course there was something involving eating washing gel pods. (which is just dumb)

Its designed to test the 'sheep mentality' as well as the 'peer pressure' response. You either take part because someone else has nominated you and you don't want to face rejection/humiliation by your 'peers' (your supposed 'friends'!), or you just do it 'because everyone else is doing it'.

"Well done!"

"So proud of you!"

etc etc

But as we've seen over the last eighteen months or so, all this behavioural manipulation through social media has really highlighted itself.

Do you remember the 10 year challenge one? All the narcissistic girls and some blokes on my Facebook were pasting their before after pics.

I posted one of myself with a big ugly grin (was about 19 at the time) and then posted an elderly decrepit man next to my image with a walking stick with the text above "my 10 year challenge, not to shabby 👍". 

I was quite proud of that. 

Edited by Fluke
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

"Looking good hon!"

"What's up?"

"Inbox me"

"Everything okay?"

Yeah it's been creeping in badly last decade. YouTube used to be an excellent platform. The other problem with these Influencer types is most of them if not all are just paid for spreading degeneracy and idiocy. Good looking people with terrible personalities.

Alan watt did a great talk once about love island and how they all look like 1960s comic book characters. 

Even if they did dancing or weight lifting or something. I must admit I like some of the reaction videos but I bet there's something deeply unhealthy about that too. I'm into the Canadian and American ones reacting to English culture and comedy. I guess it makes a change from being rundown by everyone else. 

As for Facebook ah yes I remember those ones. A post like "I'm done". "Can't handle this anymore". 

"What's up babes xoxo"? 

"PM me I'll tell you Jess 😍"

"Ok babes" 

I do have a new account on there but don't have any friends I use a fake name to follow groups. I was following someone I was quite fond of his work, but there's something a bit sad about a mid 50s guy acting all arrogant and how much of a hot shot he is and constantly makes statements about his friend list. That sort of childishness and douchyness is why I don't use it. I just get sick of people in general. 

But yeah I would have kept my old Facebook to troll a bit but to be honest when the lockdown kicked off I saw all the spastics come out and I just deleted the thing.  

It is so good to read someone else's opinion that matches my own  -  I thought I was just living up to being a boring old fart - that people of my age are considered to  be - I don't have a facebook account - not just because I haven't any friends, but because I couldn't give a flying rats arse - who had what for dinner and when - and all the other lunacy that goes on there - The thing I think is strange - at 70 years of age - and a life time of work behind me -  I have never had one tenth of the friends - the younger generation claim to have in their late teens and early twenties

I accept the internet is a wonderful thing - but as you point out - people who want fame and fortune - do not have a f***ing clue that having a sweaty armpit,  is not the way to go about it - and these people only have a talent for being moronic - ought to think about politics

Another strange aspect of today's youth - is the paypal donations they are always asking for - they want paying just for being

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I know we have talked about this before, Grumpy, but I thought I would remind people that the influencer industry is an illusion. Most of the successful ones seem to be set up by wealthy parents. I think they want young impressionable minds to think that it's easy to become an e-celeb influencer just by posting vapid content, but unfortunately it's not that simple.

I can't be arsed to dig into 4chan archives on the topic, but here are some youtube vids:

On 9/27/2020 at 8:48 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

No idea. I bet a lot of these 'influencers' are just the offspring of wealthy people, like the children of Russian oligarchs on Instagram.

Interesting watch if you ignore the pandemic narrative and the political bias:

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

10 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

I know we have talked about this before, Grumpy, but I thought I would remind people that the influencer industry is an illusion. Most of the successful ones seem to be set up by wealthy parents. I think they want young impressionable minds to think that it's easy to become an e-celeb influencer just by posting vapid content, but unfortunately it's not that simple.

I think you're right, it IS an illusion. When I was a kid, people my age dreamt of becoming teachers, footballers, engineers, scientists etc or at least had aspirations given to them by their parents to become something more humble like a plumber, electrician, architect, or heaven forbid a banker or accountant. 😜

You know, something meaningful or worthwhile?

Yes, a lot of 'influencers' have probably been set up by wealthy parents, or are at least being backed by some 'dirty money', but it is a sad state of affairs when many young people nowadays only have this aspiration of becoming another 'influencer', rather than having some kind of proper meaningful and productive employment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KissmeHardy said:

It is so good to read someone else's opinion that matches my own  -  I thought I was just living up to being a boring old fart - that people of my age are considered to  be - I don't have a facebook account - not just because I haven't any friends, but because I couldn't give a flying rats arse - who had what for dinner and when - and all the other lunacy that goes on there - The thing I think is strange - at 70 years of age - and a life time of work behind me -  I have never had one tenth of the friends - the younger generation claim to have in their late teens and early twenties

I accept the internet is a wonderful thing - but as you point out - people who want fame and fortune - do not have a f***ing clue that having a sweaty armpit,  is not the way to go about it - and these people only have a talent for being moronic - ought to think about politics

Another strange aspect of today's youth - is the paypal donations they are always asking for - they want paying just for being

"Just a boring old fart". That there is probably social conditioning also. But then again, perhaps it is spontaneous and healthy for youth to rebel again the standards of society for a while. One of the problems with my generation is they haven't grown up or grown out of it. It's like you say about not giving a flying rats arse about what they had for dinner. It's one of the reasons why I quit having many friends. I was always easy going and whilst not Mr popular, always had friends. But even the phone calls were about what they've had together, girl problems, this that and the other. In the end I forced myself to have a more autistic outlook. 

Some of my mates had 6000 friends on Facebook and I don't even know how someone knows that many people, I couldn't think of anything worse. And then there's relationships and meeting someone's aunt Betty and all that nonsense. Not for me. 

I think a lot of the problems stem from wanting acceptence. There is a deep social conditioning that is training the populus to think that being a degenerate without an original thought is cool. And then anybody who is outside the box is socially shamed, i.e lack of friends, lack of this, lack of social status. Then narcissisticaly on the macro scale people are encouraged to categorise and pigeon hole people. It becomes complicated though because we are possibly evolved to care what others think about us. It does matter. But that's a jar of wasps I don't want to get my hand into tonight.

Like David icke says the freedom of not caring what others think about you. It's true. Once you pass that barrier, you only really care about those that matter in your life think. The ones who want the best for you. And I think with age you realise that most people that people are trying to impress couldn't give a shit deep down. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fluke said:

Oh god I don't mind Armstrong that fat slimey freak in the glasses can go to hell. 

The freak in the glasses is on far too many shows, and exerts far more influence on TV and in culture than most people realise. He owns/runs the media company which started all the shit TV back in the late 90s. Endemol. And doubtless has his smug fingers in many other media pies. He creeps me out, especially since growing the beard.

15 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

The freak in the glasses is on far too many shows, and exerts far more influence on TV and in culture than most people realise. He owns/runs the media company which started all the shit TV back in the late 90s. Endemol. And doubtless has his smug fingers in many other media pies. He creeps me out, especially since growing the beard.

My grandad hates him 🤣.

Back in the 60s it is said that youth rebelled against authority - I don't agree with those sentiments - I believe we simply did our own thing - In the 50s teenage kids were miniature images of their fathers - > suits - rain coats - trilby's <  listening to dance hall music, because that was available - usually on their parents gramophone - Then during the sixties innovative kids discovered how to electrify the guitar - Innovative entrepreneurs invented the 'Dansit'  > Woolworth's record player < Mary Quant started redesigning fashion - It was a relatively  rapid transformation - but there was no dramatics - We still went to work  - 40 hours a week to earn 'just' enough pay  > £3.10 a week - to pay mum the rent and attend concerts on the weekends - We lived for Friday and Saturday nights - I think the one thing we all still had in those days - was respect - At the top of the hierarchy was Dad and  mum - then the family doctor - then the local Bobby - If he clipped you, when he caught you scrumping - you accepted it. - and then your teachers

Today kids do a sixteen hour week, and are near to collapsing after a four hour shift - Do not value their job or have any self-respect in their employment - As for respect - Watching some of the online content, is there any wonder respect has become Ye Old English - I no longer have any respect for doctors or the police force myself - And it makes me livid when all these parasites crawl out of the woodwork, telling parents how to bring up their kids.  Scrumping nowadays would see you done for - trespass and theft and land up with a criminal record - How much control do teachers have, when their hands are so tied

I think there is an accumulation of factors that drive youth of today to dream of fame and fortune by being outrageous - sweaty armpits and dirty knickers - shows a lack of brain activity - a lack of imagination - a lack of education - Who listens to teachers today. And most importantly a lack of respect - for 'anyone' including themselves

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KissmeHardy said:

think there is an accumulation of factors that drive youth of today to dream of fame and fortune by being outrageous - sweaty armpits and dirty knickers - shows a lack of brain activity - a lack of imagination - a lack of education

Absolutely.  They think it is admirable to be disgusting and "edgy."

On 9/9/2021 at 7:33 PM, KissmeHardy said:

Thank you for your post! They want to be paid for posting moronic, disgusting and inane "content" instead of posting something interesting, inspiring or beautifully uplifting.

This is the sort of thing I admire:

A man living below the poverty line, helping others as a volunteer with the Samaritans, who self-published a book after literary agents showed no interest in his earlier work has had his book snapped up in a six-figure deal by publishers in 20 countries so far.

James Norbury, a 44-year-old self-taught artist and writer, who lives in Swansea, has had his life turned around after his collection of drawings of two unlikely friends – a panda and a dragon – captioned with life-enhancing proverbs, was picked up in the deal, an extraordinary achievement for a debut author.

He told the Guardian: “It’s completely unreal.”

But he is more excited by the impact that his drawings have in lifting moods. Volunteering with the Samaritans until recently, he found inspiration in the lives of callers, creating drawings and proverbs that have actually transformed lives.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/sep/05/unreal-samaritans-volunteer-has-life-turned-around-by-six-figure-book-deal

His work is beautiful and he deserves his success. He is using the money to open an animal sanctuary!

On 9/9/2021 at 7:25 PM, Fluke said:

Yeah it's been creeping in badly last decade. YouTube used to be an excellent platform. The other problem with these Influencer types is most of them if not all are just paid for spreading degeneracy and idiocy. Good looking people with terrible personalities.

Alan watt did a great talk once about love island and how they all look like 1960s comic book characters. 

Even if they did dancing or weight lifting or something. I must admit I like some of the reaction videos but I bet there's something deeply unhealthy about that too. I'm into the Canadian and American ones reacting to English culture and comedy. I guess it makes a change from being rundown by everyone else. 

As for Facebook ah yes I remember those ones. A post like "I'm done". "Can't handle this anymore". 

"What's up babes xoxo"? 

"PM me I'll tell you Jess 😍"

"Ok babes" 

I do have a new account on there but don't have any friends I use a fake name to follow groups. I was following someone I was quite fond of his work, but there's something a bit sad about a mid 50s guy acting all arrogant and how much of a hot shot he is and constantly makes statements about his friend list. That sort of childishness and douchyness is why I don't use it. I just get sick of people in general. 

But yeah I would have kept my old Facebook to troll a bit but to be honest when the lockdown kicked off I saw all the spastics come out and I just deleted the thing.  

I see those sorts of posts on Facebook too! I'm only on there (using a pseudonym) because of interest groups (for music and old TV shows) I cannot find anywhere else (as we know most forums are gone these days sadly). I have to say that I have found some nice friends over these though. One kind chap sent me some LPs for Xmas! The way I look at it, you'll encounter idiots in every day off line life too. I've had to work with some right weirdos in the past. 

Instagram also has weirdos, obviously as I started the thread about one. But I'm also on there because there's some nice, normal  creative people to engage with.  I follow people who post vintage content, recipes, photography (gorgeous nature photos for example) and the art they make.  I like quirky and eccentric, but not filth. But sadly it does provide a platform for weirdos who think it's acceptable to post photos of blood stained knickers. Anyway, I reported it to Instagram for being revolting lol.

Edited by itsnotallrightjack
  • Like 2