Increase in military air drills across UK cities?

Tetragrammaton

This is off a hunch.

Have any of you noticed an increase in military air drills over your own city in the UK?

Have any of you noticed an increase in say military helicopters in your town or city, doing supposed "air drills" & pseudo air exercises that seems weird or out of place?

Your local media/ newspaper might have covered it under local news in an attempt to explain it away. 

For the last 2 years there has been excessive military air drills in the greater Edinburgh area . I am curious to see if this has been replicated across other UK towns & cities.

• Like 1

@spideysensei, is Falmouth near SW Kernow?

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/4853718.chinook-helicopters-low-flying-over-falmouth-on-special-training-exercise/

Two large RAF Chinook helicopters were involved in low flying exercises over Falmouth and Truro last night.

The aircraft, from RAF Odiham in Hampshire, had come to the county for crew to train in instrument flying.

Because of low cloud and fog, they then landed at RNAS Culdrose overnight before returning to their base this morning.

A spokesman for Culdrose said there was nothing unusual in the exercise although residents in the Falmouth, Truro, Mawnan Smith area would have heard the familiar throbbing noise of the twin rotor aircraft at low level during the early evening.

Weather conditions in Cornwall were ideal for instrument training, said a spokesman.

Two where flying low over my house circling round , very strange to see , I was thinking it could be because of the climate change conference Cop at Glasgow but why Chinooks they carry soldiers and Amory for military operations and for battle,  you will never get the truth from the media , it's all a bit weird !

Screenshot_20210906-212842.png

this is me testing out my new panasonic camera up at a police helicopter from my backyard last week:

it isn't irregular as there are still bomb scares/paramilitary attacks, but i haven't saw an army copter in ages here.

Edited by Given To Fly

21 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Yeah pretty much. I'm only saying SW because that's my immediate location but i suspect more air traffic all over the county.  Seems like this is going to be a fairly important location for "Airstrip 1" in the future, what with the spaceport at Newquay and satellite station at Goonhilly.

For future reference your tag didn't work (needs to be highlighted green) and i only saw this by accident. Thanks for the link.

Not sure I think this is an old military plane not sure if anyone can identify it?

But I have noticed increase in military helicopters. Not far from the barracks. 

IMG20210909133010.jpg.71ee03910e83ea69997bd7111e4b935a.jpg

IMG_20210909_133321.jpg

Edited by Fluke

9 hours ago, Fluke said:

Not sure I think this is an old military plane not sure if anyone can identify it?

But I have noticed increase in military helicopters. Not far from the barracks. 

C130? Though it looks a bit long.

3 chinnooks flew over my house (north england) at the weekend in the evening.

Never seen three together.

ISTAR aircraft flying around alot too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

earlier today i saw two airplanes/aircraft flying close to each other then a few seconds later a third followed behind. i've never seen anything like it before, especially here in derry.

they had no contrails or chemtrails.

i pointed my bike camera up at them which doesn't have any zoom (and i was moving about), and all you can make out are specks, but i circled them in red.

the third plane was going so slow.

i have the video of them if anyone has any enhancing software i could upload it.

aircraft airplanes sky derry bay culmore road..png

aircraft airplanes sky derry bay culmore road2..png

Edited by Given To Fly

• 3 weeks later...

earlier today i saw seven airplanes in the space of 50 minutes in the sky. something i believe is unheard of where i live. who knows how many i would have seen if i stayed out longer to observe.

i now bring my digital camera about with me everywhere i go and recorded some footage:

i'll copy and paste my description from the YT video:

this upload is from thursday 21st october 2021 (11.27am - 12.17pm) from my panasonic lumix DC-FZ82 digital camera. (sorry for the shaky footage and being out of focus and blurry, i'm still not very competent in using the camera yet [i.zoom is on & digital zoom is off]) i was cycling down the quay area and noticed two airplanes flying close to each other so i took my camera out and started recording, and soon after another airplane appeared in the sky, and another, and another, and another. all from the same direction, which seems to be from the city of derry airport, but in all my life i have never seen or known about this small airport to have this number of flights in such a small space of time (https://www.cityofderryairport.com/fl...). then half an hour later there were another two airplanes just moments after each other in the sky. who knows how many i would have seen if i stayed out to observe. one seemed to be from delta air lines and the others i don't know, difficult to see if they even had any windows on them from the angle i was at. they left no chemtrails, just normal contrails as they soon dissipated.

last week i observed three aircraft from about the same direction but they weren't leaving any trails at all and were going very, very slow. i know for a fact that the powers that be are involved in kidnapping, human/child and drug trafficking and the skies are one of their most convenient forms of travel.

1 hour ago, Given To Fly said:

earlier today i saw seven airplanes in the space of 50 minutes in the sky. something i believe is unheard of where i live. who knows how many i would have seen if i stayed out longer to observe.

i now bring my digital camera about with me everywhere i go and recorded some footage:

i'll copy and paste my description from the YT video:

this upload is from thursday 21st october 2021 (11.27am - 12.17pm) from my panasonic lumix DC-FZ82 digital camera. (sorry for the shaky footage and being out of focus and blurry, i'm still not very competent in using the camera yet [i.zoom is on & digital zoom is off]) i was cycling down the quay area and noticed two airplanes flying close to each other so i took my camera out and started recording, and soon after another airplane appeared in the sky, and another, and another, and another. all from the same direction, which seems to be from the city of derry airport, but in all my life i have never seen or known about this small airport to have this number of flights in such a small space of time (https://www.cityofderryairport.com/fl...). then half an hour later there were another two airplanes just moments after each other in the sky. who knows how many i would have seen if i stayed out to observe. one seemed to be from delta air lines and the others i don't know, difficult to see if they even had any windows on them from the angle i was at. they left no chemtrails, just normal contrails as they soon dissipated.

last week i observed three aircraft from about the same direction but they weren't leaving any trails at all and were going very, very slow. i know for a fact that the powers that be are involved in kidnapping, human/child and drug trafficking and the skies are one of their most convenient forms of travel.

The plane in your picture is a boeing 787 airliner going transatlantic i expect. Aircraft take many different routes across the sky. I dont see this as that different than normal. Maybe other air corridors were busy.  These aircraft were all at high attitude which causes vapour trails. If you want to know about a plane you see,use flight radar 24 its very good.