General chit-chat thread

RobSS

Just now, RobSS said:

How do I see it as a sports game? I already acknowledged there are puppet masters, so how is it you say I don't see them?

So far, you haven't shown there was a puppet master for the original skinhead scene. What you referenced was much later.

You keep focusing on your "extreme right" boogieman. Look further.

Just now, Gjergj Skënderbeu said:

You keep focusing on your "extreme right" boogieman. Look further.

Where? I already know about Laurel Canyon, and I acknowledged that, but that had nothing to do with the original skinhead movement!

The skinhead look was very stark... this was a group from fairly early days, the summer of 1979 - a day trip to Southend in Essex,,, one of the skins in the foreground was from Angel Islington, and the group to the rear were from Romford and Dagenham East.

Hanging around with this lot was like being in amongst wolves in the jungle. It was wild.

I was 16 years old at the time. There was so much energy, life and adventure. I had the time of my life!

If any dandy middle or upper-class puppet masters would've seen this lot approaching, they'd have run a mile!

southend-1979-without-watermarks.jpg.707ec58f95dfac235602e721af2692cf.jpg

Edited by RobSS
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RobSS said:

The skinhead look was very stark... this was a group from fairly early days, the summer of 1979 - a day trip to Southend in Essex,,, one of the skins in the foreground was from Angel Islington, and the group to the rear were from Romford and Dagenham East.

Hanging around with this lot was like being in amongst wolves in the jungle. It was wild.

I was 16 years old at the time. There was so much energy, life and adventure. I had the time of my life!

If any dandy middle or upper-class puppet masters would've seen this lot approaching, they'd have run a mile!

southend-1979-without-watermarks.jpg.707ec58f95dfac235602e721af2692cf.jpg

Like many of my mates from those days you seem stuck in that time. I moved on a long time ago. We where fools. We ruined our lives. Most of my mates ended up with drink/drug addictions, long prison sentences, and most of them are dead now. I was extremely lucky to get a job overseas and to get out just before things went sour

3 hours ago, Gjergj Skënderbeu said:

Like many of my mates from those days you seem stuck in that time. I moved on a long time ago. We where fools. We ruined our lives. Most of my mates ended up with drink/drug addictions, long prison sentences, and most of them are dead now. I was extremely lucky to get a job overseas and to get out just before things went sour

Sorry to here about your mates.

When you mention how lives were ruined, are you talking about the skinhead scene from the late 7t's early 8t's? It doesn't sound like what happened to the people I knew and still know. Of course some didn't do well and some are dead now, but that would be true of any walk of life. The skinhead scene in the late 7t's and early 8t's wasn't about alcoholism, and it certainly wasn't about drugs, it was mostly about the music.

I've gone on to do plenty of other things since those says, but how would you know, you don't even hardly know anything about me, so please don't make assumptions., cheers.

There's nothing wrong with sharing memories. I love it when people talk about things that mattered to them in their lives. I can't understand why you seem to resent that.

Edited by RobSS

18 minutes ago, RobSS said:

Sorry to here about your mates.

When you mention how lives were ruined, are you talking about the skinhead scene from the late 7t's early 8t's? It doesn't sound like what happened to the people I knew and still know. Of course some didn't do well and some are dead now, but that would be true of any walk of life. The skinhead scene in the late 7t's and early 8t's wasn't about alcoholism, and it certainly wasn't about drugs, it was mostly about the music.

I've gone on to do plenty of other things since those says, but how would you know, you don't even hardly know anything about me, so please don't make assumptions., cheers.

There's nothing wrong with sharing memories. I love it when people talk about things that mattered to them in their lives. I can't understand why you seem to resent that.

I'm not looking for a fight, but I think you're in denial. This movement was about violence. Violence can be addictive and lead to other addictions and more self-destructive behavior. Same with soccer hooligans. I've seen countless examples in countercultures and soccer hooligans, and I've seen the same self-destructive behavior with people who work in war and conflict zones. I remember a docu on the BBC, I think in the early 90's, that followed some former skinheads and hooligans who where dealing with these exact same problems a decade later. I had problems adapting to civilian life and suffering from extreme rage attacks another 2 decades later when I returned from the Gulf. I didn't realize what was wrong at the time, but another few years later I realized I probably had PTSD.

1 hour ago, Gjergj Skënderbeu said:

I'm not looking for a fight, but I think you're in denial. This movement was about violence. Violence can be addictive and lead to other addictions and more self-destructive behavior. Same with soccer hooligans. I've seen countless examples in countercultures and soccer hooligans, and I've seen the same self-destructive behavior with people who work in war and conflict zones. I remember a docu on the BBC, I think in the early 90's, that followed some former skinheads and hooligans who where dealing with these exact same problems a decade later. I had problems adapting to civilian life and suffering from extreme rage attacks another 2 decades later when I returned from the Gulf. I didn't realize what was wrong at the time, but another few years later I realized I probably had PTSD.

Some thought it was about violence, but a lot of us were in it just for the music and music was a huge part of the scene. On any given night of the week, we were spoilt for choice as to which gigs we could go to. A lot of the photographs i took from that period were at gigs.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't really watch netflix much, but logged in today, on first few items that came up.

All of us are dead - a zombie virus

Paradise Island - Vaguely resembles Epstein's Island where people go to have their fantasies.

The Hunt - Elites hunt the peasants

All made recently.

Sure there's plenty more.Had to switch off after scanning first few films..

Seems a bit like mind programming or at least influenced by NWO to me

• Like 1

I came across a thread a few days ago about a bloke looking for a job who finally found one.

Can someone link it for me? Ive used the search function a few times and couldn't locate it. I was meaning to drop a word of congratulations but procrastinated and now can't find it.

TIA!

On 1/29/2022 at 3:50 PM, RobSS said:

An amazing walking tour, by LADmob, of the Luxur Temple, in Egypt.

How on earth did such an ancient civilisation mange to build with such huge blocks of stone?

I heard DI talking about the Egyptian Pyramids - He said they weren’t BUILT. - They just “appeared out of nowhere.”

I suppose the Luxor Temple also just “appeared out of nowhere.”