500 Internal Server Error

Woodsman

• 7 months later...
Just now, blowonthepie said:

I came on the forum without signing in and could access one or two threads but never the corona virus mega thread and one or two others.

I signed in and for a while could access all threads I tried, but while catching up on the coronavirus megathread, i again got the message coming up that I will post below.

Or maybe I won’t; the add files function is not working.

I came on the forum without signing in and could access one or two threads but never the corona virus mega thread and one or two others.

I signed in and for a while could access all threads I tried, but while catching up on the coronavirus megathread, i again got the message coming up that I will post below.

9233C204-69FB-46BC-8131-F71CD758AFB9.png

Just now, blowonthepie said:

It has taken many tries to get this message done; with many error notices - the one above - as well as not letting me download the pic.

Something up?

8 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Are we seeing a DDoS attack?

6 minutes ago, blowonthepie said:

I don’t know mate; apart from my post and your reply, there hasn’t been any activity here for a while; and the cv mega-thread hasn’t had a post for an hour 🤔

Quite possibly a DDoS attack. A minute ago I checked number of users online and it was three thousand and something, but now it's nearly five thousand.

Edited by metak88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, metak88 said:

Quite possibly a DDoS attack. A minuet ago I checked number of users online and it was three thousands and something, but now it's nearly five thousands.

Yes.

And now there are a couple of recent posts on the cv mega-thread.

Hope the forum doesn’t go down...

2 hours ago, blowonthepie said:

2 hours ago, metak88 said:

Too many connections.

2 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

2 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

i keep getting server error

4000 guests online

Got the same problem earlier. Couldn't login properly and post for a while. 3800+people viewing forum (only 17 members) when I looked.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

13 hours ago, metak88 said:

Quite possibly a DDoS attack. A minute ago I checked number of users online and it was three thousand and something, but now it's nearly five thousand.

Yep, if there were that many users online, it was likely some kind of DDoS (Distributed Denial Of Service) attack. Thankfully it seems the server security measures that were put in place following the last hack have done their job. The forum lives to fight another day!