Afghanistan - Back to Square One

Nemuri Kyoshiro

Anyone studied history knows not to try and conquer Afghanistan! Just don't!

I haven't followed too closely. But on the face of it. It seemed odd that I didn't hear anything of the Taliban for couple of years, then they seem to have managed a full scale invasion operation in the most inhospitable places on earth (one of), presumably from quite some distance away (sure they weren't staying next door to the americans) - without anyone noticing. Just turned up on the doorstep! Surely intelligence/ media could see this coming quite some while away and could have notified those trying to escape and also inform the public about this.

4 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Anyone studied history knows not to try and conquer Afghanistan! Just don't!

I haven't followed too closely. But on the face of it. It seemed odd that I didn't hear anything of the Taliban for couple of years, then they seem to have managed a full scale invasion operation in the most inhospitable places on earth (one of), presumably from quite some distance away (sure they weren't staying next door to the americans) - without anyone noticing. Just turned up on the doorstep! Surely intelligence/ media could see this coming quite some while away and could have notified those trying to escape and also inform the public about this.

I agree about history with Alexander the Great, the British, the Russians, the Americans etc.

I don't believe they wanted to conquer it this time though, but instead just create a pretext for lots of other bullshit, like creating more resentment towards westerners and then opening the floogates to them.

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Excuse my ignorance please.

I don't understand why they don't try and fight? Do they not have weapons?

Not sure what the views of the average local are in Afghanistan to be honest. I'm sure a lot of the pigheaded men might welcome the Taliban because they get their state enforced brides, but there must still be a lot of folks that don't want to live under Westerners or the Taliban. I guess it just depends how many, and whether they even have a chance at putting up a fight anymore.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Excuse my ignorance please.

I don't understand why they don't try and fight? Do they not have weapons?

According to that great military genius Joe Biden, the Afghans have 300,00 trained troops and an air force to boot. He said that a week or so ago when asked if the Taliban would take Kabul. Have we heard from Bush yet? Has he commented on the debacle?

Edited by Nemuri Kyoshiro

Don't worry everyone St. Jacinda has implored to the Taliban leaders....

New Zealand's Ardern implores Taliban to uphold human rights

WELLINGTON, Aug 16 (Reuters) - Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern of New Zealand on Monday implored Taliban leaders to uphold human rights in Afghanistan by allowing women to continue in work and education and to let foreigners and Afghans who want to leave the country go

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/new-zealand-plans-evacuate-some-afghan-nationals-pm-ardern-says-2021-08-16/

has the taliban had their double pfizer?

does anyone know?

how about all those brave afghans flying over, have they had their double pfizer?

only the double jabbed can board the c130

it was only 4 months ago

St. Vincent Volcano: Only those vaccinated for COVID-19 can evacuate - PM

https://www.jpost.com/international/st-vincent-volcano-only-those-vaccinated-for-covid-19-can-evacuate-pm-664781

Edited by bamboozooka
  • Like 1