Afghanistan - Back to Square One

Nemuri Kyoshiro

51 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

A mural depicting facts.

"On 3 August 1835, somewhere in the City of London, two of Europe’s most famous bankers came to an agreement with the chancellor of the exchequer. Two years earlier, the British government had passed the Slavery Abolition Act, which outlawed slavery in most parts of the empire. Now it was taking out one of the largest loans in history, to finance the slave compensation package required by the 1833 act. Nathan Mayer Rothschild and his brother-in-law Moses Montefiore agreed to loan the British government £15m, with the government adding an additional £5m later. The total sum represented 40% of the government’s yearly income in those days, equivalent to some £300bn today.

One might expect this so-called “slave compensation” to have gone to the freed slaves to redress the injustices they suffered. Instead, the money went exclusively to the owners of slaves, who were being compensated for the loss of what had, until then, been considered their property. Not a single shilling of reparation, nor a single word of apology, has ever been granted by the British state to the people it enslaved, or their descendants.

Today, 1835 feels so long ago; so far away. But if you are a British taxpayer, what happened in that quiet room affects you directly.

Your taxes were used to pay off the loan, and the payments only ended in 2015. Generations of Britons have been implicated in a legacy of financial support for one of the world’s most egregious crimes against humanity.

The fact that you, and your parents, and their parents in turn, may have been paying for a huge slave-owner compensation package from the 1830s only came to public attention last month. The revelation came on 9 February, in the form of a tweet by HM Treasury:

“Here’s today’s surprising #FridayFact. Millions of you have helped end the slave trade through your taxes. Did you know? In 1833, Britain used £20 million, 40% of its national budget, to buy freedom for all slaves in the Empire. The amount of money borrowed for the Slavery Abolition Act was so large that it wasn’t paid off until 2015. Which means that living British citizens helped pay to end the slave trade.”

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/29/slavery-abolition-compensation-when-will-britain-face-up-to-its-crimes-against-humanity

5120.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

Posting JEW HATE! far right websites again tut tut..

Truth is antisemitic.🤫🤐

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Strummer101 said:

I do not wish to put words in mouths. 

Do you believe that the Catholic church should still hold in their doctrine, that ALL Jews are responsible for the death of Christ?

or is it more that they have an incompatible position with jews in that the catholics believe jesus to be the messiah whilst the jews believe he is a false messiah

so really what the catholic church was saying is that the two positions are incompatible

so the question is whether or not the catholic church has been infiltrated by the cabal in order to destroy it from the inside out?

1 hour ago, bamboozooka said:

the taliban are the good guys.

discuss 

Melisa from Freedom Force Battalion thinks so too...

14 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

Seven-people-were-killed-at-Kabul-airport.678-1024x576.jpeg

All these videos are released in shit quality because they're fake. Just slightly better video would make it impossible for them to pull it off (FF).

I watched a doc last night on Afghanistan in 1979 if interested, gives a great insight into a country that has hardly changed & you can see the women were treated the same back then before the Taliban.

I believe the Taliban are just same as Mujahideen & obvious what the Afghans want, as the invaders killed much more civilians than them & obviously had no support, so soon as they buggered off, obviously the people would go back to the Taliban..as like in this documentary. They never control anywhere accept Kabul. So were just training the soldiers up really for the next invaders...by design I should imagine.

I dont agree with how they treat women, but its their country & if they dont wish to be tamed is their business of course & it seems to work for them.

Edited by oddsnsods

36 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

I really don't like it when posters leave these sort of comments and tell other people to "discuss"

It's like being in school.

You should give your thoughts about all of this first and then we can debate.

i really dont like it when a poster ignores the post before the one they are writing that gives my thoughts

its like selective having a dig

shit i done 2 posts since that quote u avin a larf

th?id=OIP.uP9suSoemfJBUJOamlsesAHaC1%26p

better screen cap this incase it gets deleted

Edited by bamboozooka

16 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

i really dont like it when a poster ignores the post before the one they are writing that gives my thoughts

its like selective having a dig

shit i done 2 posts since that quote u avin a larf

th?id=OIP.uP9suSoemfJBUJOamlsesAHaC1%26p

better screen cap this incase it gets deleted

Give the forum your synopsis of the situation in Afghanistan or in your words DISCUSS or copy your comments from this thread, because I'm not going back 14 pages.

Even though I disagree with you most of the time in regards to Trump, we're on the same page about Covid and I like that.

My eyesight is better than Basil💗

Edited by Golden Retriever

Speaking to BBC on Thursday, Armed Forces Minister James Heappey said that there was “very, very credible” intelligence that militants, notably those from Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS), were planning a “highly lethal attack” on Kabul airport. 

When asked on Sky News whether an attack was possible in the next few hours, Heappey simply responded “yes”. He told the BBC that intelligence of a possible IS suicide attack had become “much firmer.” 

https://www.rt.com/uk/533100-afghan-taliban-kabul-uk-airport/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, metak88 said:

Melisa from Freedom Force Battalion thinks so too...

All these videos are released in shit quality because they're fake. Just slightly better video would make it impossible for them to pull it off (FF).

I've a cheapo point and shoot from seven years ago that can shoot high resolution stills. Images maintain integrity even after a 400% crop on a still from 1080p video.

Practically any mainstream mobile phone from the last five years can match or supercede its specs.

It doesn't matter if it's a desert in Kabul or a street in London. If they don't want you to see something, it'll be shot on a grapefruit. If they want you to see something, it will be shot on broadcast quality gear.

Once again our media seem to know when ISIS is going to strike, maybe Rita Khatz was on the scene & Noah Ponzer showed up too. Is a sure sign of an immanent attack..

I have read from Muslims Saudi & other countries are going to go to war with Taliban soon, I guess through ISIS.

I believe Taliban are Sunni & Isis are Sunni too...so why would Isis be targetting Sunnis..never makes any sense.

image.png.34efa49d16ccebc8fd7695d9d489835c.png

Edited by oddsnsods

8 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Why would a suicide bomber blow up Muslims in an airport?

As usual makes no sense atall.

Apostates are due the death penalty, if they do not repent. The definition of apostasy is far reaching according to how hard-line one is in following Islam. 

When (in a debate) it was pointed out that innocent muslims were also slaughtered in Manchester, an apologist pointed out that no true muslim would ever go to a music concert - such an act is forbidden.

I work with a hardliner who never listens to any music as it is Haram. To kill those in the video could easily be justified by a militant.