Smoking.

shadowmoon

What a lot of smokers don't realize is that tobacco in big-brand cigarettes is left to soak in a chemical brew full of 'addiction boosting' chemical compounds for a good while, then dried and put into its paper shell. Some brands also treat the cigarette paper with all sorts of weird and wonderful chemicals.

The tobacco industry DOESN'T GIVE TWO SHITS what those chemical compounds do to the human body when they combust and turn into toxic fumes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Truthblast said:

What a lot of smokers don't realize is that tobacco in big-brand cigarettes is left to soak in a chemical brew full of 'addiction boosting' chemical compounds for a good while, then dried and put into its paper shell. Some brands also treat the cigarette paper with all sorts of weird and wonderful chemicals.

The tobacco industry DOESN'T GIVE TWO SHITS what those chemical compounds do to the human body when they combust and turn into toxic fumes.

Some of the brands have a very odd sugary flavour. 

What you say here would explain this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadowmoon said:

I gave up cigarettes 6 years ago, I use a vape pen now, much better for you & cheaper. 🚭

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alexa said:

I gave up cigarettes 6 years ago, I use a vape pen now, much better for you & cheaper. 🚭

Are you not now just breathing in burnt salt carbon ? ... cold turkey is the safest way , can say after 15 years smoking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesentme said:

Are you not now just breathing in burnt salt carbon ? ... cold turkey is the safest way , can say after 15 years smoking.

Good on you 👍 I don't know what we are breathing in all's I know is that I don't get out of breath so much & my clothes tend to smell a bit sweeter now. I could never give up completely, I reckon the secret to a good vape is choosing the right liquid, I know it's all bad for you but so are many things this day & age.😃

Oh & BTW Welcome to the forum👋

Some western journalists have heard about a few people in India who are over 130 years old, and decided to go there to see what is the secret of such a long life. 

They met the first guy, he was 132 years old, and asked him what is the secret?

The old man said: "I never smoked in my life, never had alcohol, and never had sex with women, that is the secret to long and healthy life".

They went to the second guy who was 135 years old, and asked him the same question?

The second old man said the same thing: "I never smoked in my life, never had alcohol, and never had sex with women, that is the secret to long, happy and healthy life".

As they were going back, they saw another old man. They were excited because this one looked like he is at least 150 years old!

They approached him and asked: "we guess you have never smoked in your life?"

Old man: "no, I smoke 2 packs a day as long as I can remember".

Journalist: "but, you have never had a drink?"

Old man: "are you crazy? I drink everyday all day long!"

Journalist: "ok, but, than you probably never had sex?"

Old man: "what? Of course I do, I couldn't live without sex, what's wrong with you?"

The journalists were a bit confused, and after a while asked the old man how old is he?

The old man said: "52"

😅

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, shadowmoon said:

What I have been told is that the tobacco/paper is chemically treated to:

1 - addict as much as possible

2 - taste/smell as good as possible

3 - feel as soft/smooth to smoke as possible

This isn't pure tobacco or plain white paper at all...

On 8/22/2021 at 12:02 AM, shabbirss said:

nicotine increases alert levels.

and smoking itself feels like a 6-10 minute meditation session to me.

Same here, if you think about it, smoking is like Meditation. When I learnt to meditate it was all about the breathing - breathe in for a number of seconds, hold for a number of seconds, then exhale slowly. 

This is the same as smoking, you inhale, hold and exhale, just like meditation, and it has the same effect.

When my dad gave up smoking, when he felt the urge he went outside and breathed slowly and deeply until he was over it. Like meditating on his feet to cslm his mind.

Timothy Leary suggested different drugs activated unused circuits in the brain, again like meditation can, by taking Nicotine, Cannabis and LSD you activate parts of your brain not normally used.

Learning to Juggle is similar, it creates new neural connections in the brain.

Training your memory probably does the same.

I get serenity from smoking tobacco and inspiration from smoking weed.

With Magic Mushrooms I can sense more of our reality. I can see why the Shamans used it.

I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.

😀

• Like 2

My experience is similar to  Ethel's on the previous page, except I won't ever go back. That's due to my personality type. I can only do things 0% or 100% I don't have an in-between switch. So when I did do it, I would smoke a lot. And I enjoy exercise. And I cannot do both, so I had to choose. Others I know can do exercise and smoke. I seen people smoke just before doing a marathon when I was doing them. Depends I think if you combined the two when you were younger, and your body is used to it.

One other addition I can provide to the conversation is that within the context of the matrix. In my experience. Nicotine is a real entity that feeds off your energy. I have seen it and other "monster" feeding types, whilst doing Aya.