Apple to scan iPhones for child sex abuse images

yep and how long before they are scanning I phones for hate speech or white supremacist content too. I've been an I phone user since the 4 came out, I do like the ease of use of the OS my current phone is an I phone 7 that I modded so the front facing camera no longer functions and the switch that mutes the ringer now allows me to turn off the microphone. But it will now be the last I phone I own. I'm going to look into modding an android based phone, doing my camera and mic mods and installing something like graphene Os (although i am a little cautious of it due to its name) or another degoogled OS. I'll then transfer anything I wish to keep off my I phone and then stick it in a blender. lets see the bastards recover the data from that lol.

Edited by Itsjaybigjay

Put out a news story, sit back and see the publics response.... If there's no outrage then push it up a level, if there is (as there has been to this story) sit back and try again in the future. 

• Like 1

It's not even the privacy issues that deter me from smartphones, they are just cumbersome and unresponsive things. You can't use them or dial with one hand, and having constant internet access on your person destroys your attention span. Do yourself a favour and get an old style dumb phone.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 4444444444 said:

It's not even the privacy issues that deter me from smartphones, they are just cumbersome and unresponsive things. You can't use them or dial with one hand, and having constant internet access on your person destroys your attention span. Do yourself a favour and get an old style dumb phone.

Agreed. I haven't got one and will never get one. I've a very basic mobile phone that I barely use ( mostly use it for the alarm clock feature and the calculator). My main telephone is  a 1967 rotary dial one.

Edited by itsnotallrightjack
  • Like 1