General Political Thoughts Thread

Deep Dive: The Problematic Rise of the Woke Right
https://www.gummibear737.com/p/deep-dive-the-problematic-rise-of

...anything short of “draining the swamp” is insufficiently woke And anybody that doesn’t embrace isolationism is a warmongering WW3 neocon

But they actually hate America…for different reasons than the woke left…yet in the end they reach the same conclusion The US is actually the source of all that’s bad in the world. Unsee-able forces have made America evil So we must tear it all down and rebuild in their image

Yes cartoonishly evil to the point where it often looks stupid and artificial, so people will embrace some kind of false light solution.

contrarianism.jpg

Good to see contrarianism at the top.

Piers Corbyn Mayoral campaign 

"News Update

London Elects at City Hall confirmed to Piers personally at 7.00pm yesterday evening that the 330 signatures of nominees from the City and 32 boroughs of London and their electoral role numbers were all correct, and Piers is now eligible to stand subject to payment of the registration fees.

Our single agenda is Peace Now London, and we propose to use existing Mayoral authority to identify expose control and tax through a new licencing apparatus all warmongers. Warmongers are any individual or organisation who profit by armed conflict. 

Our objective is to make Warmongering both unprofitable and so distasteful that they are driven out of London and the City.

#enoughblood
#toomuchblood
#taxthewarmongers

Corbyn4Mayor

Ant Allenby
Strategy and Comms.

Piers Corbyn announcement 

Stop war in Israel demonstration. 

Russell Square, London 

Saturday 30th March, noon

PEACE NOW LONDON we meet by Russell sq station 11.45am banners posters  #Piers4Mayor collect campaign funds 📣 megaphone

On 3/24/2024 at 8:39 PM, Grumpy Grapes said:

The 12 person jury system will come under scrutiny again on a British TV public service broadcaster, just 2 weeks after Channel 4's contribution. This time it's ITV, who are scheduled to broadcast the first episode of the Australian drama "The Twelve" (March 28th), in which jurors bring their own issues and biases to the proceedings. 

It is a shame that most don't know about jury nullification. For those that don't, jury nullification is a safeguard against unjust laws or excessive punishment. It is the practice whereby a jury delivers a verdict contrary to the evidence, law and judicial directions by acquitting a defendant (or defendants) they believe (beyond a reasonable doubt) guilty by the ''letter of the law,'' but on grounds of conscience think should not be punished. This power has existed (in the UK) since a 1670 ruling declaring that no juror could be punished for a 'wrong' verdict, which when coupled with the double jeopardy law leaves the door ajar for juries to essentially override laws. 

With these kinds of rejections, enforcement of laws stack up over time, and laws become unenforceable. In the US, historically we have seen this rejection of the Fugitive Slave Laws and alcohol prohibition, for example, undermining law enforcement. Eventually, it is no longer worth the time, hassle and/or embarrassment for ''government officials'' to try to enforce these laws. They may be further nullified in a sense either remaining on the books, but not being enforced or being repealed altogether.

Edited by dumbcritic
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

iamyesyouareno.jpg

Japan has a lot going for it for their ethnic group but there's no room for complacency even there. And you can't pass the buck to the ptb to look after the tribe, we all need to take responsibility to look after ourselves and ensure we have a future.  

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/news-in-easy-english-japan-ready-to-accept-many-more-foreign-workers/ar-BB1kMYrd   

"TOKYO -- The Japanese government made a decision during a Cabinet meeting on March 29 to include four more areas under the "specified skilled worker" residency status and allow up to 820,000 foreign workers to enter the program until the 2028 fiscal year.

Opposition to immigration in Japan has lessened due to the country's shrinking population. The addition of four new fields -- automotive transportation, railways, forestry, and the timber industry -- is speeding up preparations to welcome more foreign workers. However, there are challenges, too."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Campion said:

Japan has a lot going for it for their ethnic group but there's no room for complacency even there. And you can't pass the buck to the ptb to look after the tribe, we all need to take responsibility to look after ourselves and ensure we have a future.  

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/news-in-easy-english-japan-ready-to-accept-many-more-foreign-workers/ar-BB1kMYrd   

"TOKYO -- The Japanese government made a decision during a Cabinet meeting on March 29 to include four more areas under the "specified skilled worker" residency status and allow up to 820,000 foreign workers to enter the program until the 2028 fiscal year.

Opposition to immigration in Japan has lessened due to the country's shrinking population. The addition of four new fields -- automotive transportation, railways, forestry, and the timber industry -- is speeding up preparations to welcome more foreign workers. However, there are challenges, too."

Agreed. People in developed nations that live/lived in high trust societies shouldn't be trusting governments, at least not any superpower as none seem to care about us. It would also make sense for Europeans, South Koreans, and the Japanese to work together as we all face a similar threat, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Piers Corbyn says he is being prevented from being a Mayoral candidate. 

NEWS RELEASE from Piers Corbyn

LET PIERS STAND

Let Piers Stand - OR Judicial Review Against Maladministration by Greater London Returning Officer  

Please find attached letter from me (with my lawyer) to Alex Conway Deputy Greater London Returning Officer

We have written to the Greater London Returning Officer requesting they desist from preventing me standing for London Mayor or face a Judicial Review for Maladministration over various issues (see letter copy attached) which could terminate the election. 

https://t.me/Pierscorbyn/4591

https://t.me/Pierscorbyn/4593

My election campaign is centred on "PEACE NOW London" for me as Mayor to take all possible steps and campaign actions for Peace Now in Gaza and against all companies in London who profit from armed conflict. 

ADDITIONALLY I as Mayor would take ACTION NOW for London firstly to ABOLISH ALL ULEZ, take down all ULEZ cameras and fully compensate all who have been 'fined' with ULEZ charges
I also have many other practical polices.

My PEACE NOW London programme envisages steps and campaigns to Stop Warmongers as far-reaching as the measures being imposed by government against CO2. Isn't war a bigger danger than CO2?
It includes supporting arms embargoes and boycotts of companies including banks and software developers and drone manufacture. I would also campaign for a national Referendum before the UK gets involved in any armed conflict. 
It is our human duty to stand for peace and for London to stand for peace. 

SOME OTHER ACTION NOW for London policies include:-
*More buses in outer London. Outer London services have been cut  by 8% under Khan.
*A very extensive genuine anti-pollution campaign including:
  - A full clean-up of the massive amount of filth and dust in the tubes. Note microparticle pollution in the tubes is over 40x that on roads.
  - Cut noise pollution everywhere including by modernisation of tube rolling stock and rails. Note tubes are much quieter in Paris and Moscow for example.
  - support work to improve catalytic convertors and particle removal from vehicle exhausts. Cut pollution by cutting polution!!
End wokist nonsense and respect the fact that Men are Men and Women are Women
Deal with knife crime and all crime in a comprehensive way - such as was successfully done by New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. 
Actually help tackle the housing crisis through a special Housing For All working party. London is the money-laundering capital of the world; that is the root cause of much of the problem. Property should be for occupation not speculation. 

** ACCOUNTABILITY NOT DIKTAT is the way forward. The top down London Mayorality (and that of other Metro-Mayors) must end and power be handed back to the boroughs. I would work to do this by the end of my term.

Thank you, 
Piers Corbyn 
Tel 07958713320

Edited by Grumpy Grapes

1 hour ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

Piers Corbyn says he is being prevented from being a Mayoral candidate. 

NEWS RELEASE from Piers Corbyn

LET PIERS STAND

Let Piers Stand - OR Judicial Review Against Maladministration by Greater London Returning Officer  

Please find attached letter from me (with my lawyer) to Alex Conway Deputy Greater London Returning Officer

We have written to the Greater London Returning Officer requesting they desist from preventing me standing for London Mayor or face a Judicial Review for Maladministration over various issues (see letter copy attached) which could terminate the election. 

https://t.me/Pierscorbyn/4591

https://t.me/Pierscorbyn/4593

My election campaign is centred on "PEACE NOW London" for me as Mayor to take all possible steps and campaign actions for Peace Now in Gaza and against all companies in London who profit from armed conflict. 

ADDITIONALLY I as Mayor would take ACTION NOW for London firstly to ABOLISH ALL ULEZ, take down all ULEZ cameras and fully compensate all who have been 'fined' with ULEZ charges
I also have many other practical polices.

My PEACE NOW London programme envisages steps and campaigns to Stop Warmongers as far-reaching as the measures being imposed by government against CO2. Isn't war a bigger danger than CO2?
It includes supporting arms embargoes and boycotts of companies including banks and software developers and drone manufacture. I would also campaign for a national Referendum before the UK gets involved in any armed conflict. 
It is our human duty to stand for peace and for London to stand for peace. 

SOME OTHER ACTION NOW for London policies include:-
*More buses in outer London. Outer London services have been cut  by 8% under Khan.
*A very extensive genuine anti-pollution campaign including:
  - A full clean-up of the massive amount of filth and dust in the tubes. Note microparticle pollution in the tubes is over 40x that on roads.
  - Cut noise pollution everywhere including by modernisation of tube rolling stock and rails. Note tubes are much quieter in Paris and Moscow for example.
  - support work to improve catalytic convertors and particle removal from vehicle exhausts. Cut pollution by cutting polution!!
End wokist nonsense and respect the fact that Men are Men and Women are Women
Deal with knife crime and all crime in a comprehensive way - such as was successfully done by New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. 
Actually help tackle the housing crisis through a special Housing For All working party. London is the money-laundering capital of the world; that is the root cause of much of the problem. Property should be for occupation not speculation. 

** ACCOUNTABILITY NOT DIKTAT is the way forward. The top down London Mayorality (and that of other Metro-Mayors) must end and power be handed back to the boroughs. I would work to do this by the end of my term.

Thank you, 
Piers Corbyn 
Tel 07958713320

First page of Piers Corbyn's letter: 

Piers Corbyn <[email protected]> Tue, 9 Apr, 14:13 
to Alex, mahtab, Anthony
Dear Mr Conway,
You are of course fully aware of the reasons behind why my nomination as a Candidate for the 
London Mayoral Election was refused by London Elects. I have sought legal advice on this, and it 
appears that the circumstances are such that I could now apply to the High Court for a judicial review of the London Elects decision to refuse my nomination as a candidate.
I lay out my reasons below and would invite you even at this late stage to request Ms Mary 
Harpley, the current GRLO to re-consider the decision to reject my nomination under her discretion and inherent jurisdiction to do so because of detected maladministration.
I can confirm that my nomination paperwork was checked and deemed to be valid by a Returning 
Officer of London Elects by 27th March 2024.  On the same day the issue of the requirement of the 
deposit of £10,000 was validly addressed on my part in that it had been acknowledged that 
another candidate had already made the deposit and London Elects had received it into the 
appropriate bank account in the correct sum of £10,000.  This deposit became available for 
reallocation on behalf of my candidature when another candidature was terminated due to 
insufficient signatures prior to the deadline of 4.00pm 27th March 2024 in accordance with Rule 
9(1) of the Mayoral Election Rules, which states; 
S.9(1) A person will not be validly nominated as a candidate unless the sum of £10,000 is deposited by him or on his behalf, with the GLRO at the place and during the time for delivery of nomination papers. There is ongoing correspondence in this regard already in the possession of 
London Elects.
The other candidate's deposit at that stage became available for transfer to my nomination 
process within the deadline of 4.00pm Wednesday 27 March 2024. 
My team informed the GLRO that this was happening, and formal notification was received by the GLRO by close of business on 2 April i.e. two working days after the deadline of 27 March 
because of the Easter Break. Due to confusion as to which deposit was for whom there was a 
delay in establishing the correct deposit monies coming from the withdrawn candidate by London Elects and this was communicated to me on 28th March 2024.  Due to the Good Friday and 
Monday Bank Holiday weekend, the follow-up with the correct details were submitted on the 
following working day being Tuesday, 2nd April before close of business.  
It will be seen therefore the point being is that in principle the deposit was already existent in the 
relevant account and THAT had been notified in writing as being transferred to my nomination and therefore there just had to be implementation of this transfer by London Elects and that notified to 
the GLRO.  
It must be noted that the submission of the signatures of electors are the PRIME validation of a 
candidate’s Mayoral nomination and the precise TIMING of the deposit verification is a secondary 
matter.
The London Elects document guidance literature "BECOMING MAYOR CANDIDATES" does not 
mention ‘Deposits’ in its introduction How does someone become a candidate but refers to... 

Edited by Grumpy Grapes

RALLY for Free and Fair elections!
Hear blocked Mayor candidates Piers Corbyn and Shyam Batra
3pm SUNDAY 14 April (Piers' father's birthday) Speakers Corner tube Marble Arch.
All other candidates or intending candidates in the Mayor and GLA elections INCLUDING accepted candidates also welcome.

SPREAD THE WORD!
Get in touch PeaceNowLondon telegram
Piers Corbyn 07958713320
[email protected] 07836365203.

Piers Corbyn writes:

Campaign for Free and Fair elections launched Speakers Corner 14 April. Piers Corbyn (followed later by Shyam Batra another blocked candidate) spelt out Autocracy is upon us via the GLA+Mayor elections which have: No level playing field; Irrationally applied and unfair rules in theory and practice; and imposition of administrative conveniences to keep the Political Circus in power. He explained key processes and announced there will be a Judicial Review which could halt the elections unless he and others are back in the race. 10 people volunteered to set up Borough action groups for FFE - Free and Fair elections. Contact Piers 07958713320

On 4/10/2024 at 11:03 PM, Grumpy Grapes said:

First page of Piers Corbyn's letter: 

Piers Corbyn <[email protected]> Tue, 9 Apr, 14:13 
to Alex, mahtab, Anthony
Dear Mr Conway,
You are of course fully aware of the reasons behind why my nomination as a Candidate for the 
London Mayoral Election was refused by London Elects. I have sought legal advice on this, and it 
appears that the circumstances are such that I could now apply to the High Court for a judicial review of the London Elects decision to refuse my nomination as a candidate.
I lay out my reasons below and would invite you even at this late stage to request Ms Mary 
Harpley, the current GRLO to re-consider the decision to reject my nomination under her discretion and inherent jurisdiction to do so because of detected maladministration.
I can confirm that my nomination paperwork was checked and deemed to be valid by a Returning 
Officer of London Elects by 27th March 2024.  On the same day the issue of the requirement of the 
deposit of £10,000 was validly addressed on my part in that it had been acknowledged that 
another candidate had already made the deposit and London Elects had received it into the 
appropriate bank account in the correct sum of £10,000.  This deposit became available for 
reallocation on behalf of my candidature when another candidature was terminated due to 
insufficient signatures prior to the deadline of 4.00pm 27th March 2024 in accordance with Rule 
9(1) of the Mayoral Election Rules, which states; 
S.9(1) A person will not be validly nominated as a candidate unless the sum of £10,000 is deposited by him or on his behalf, with the GLRO at the place and during the time for delivery of nomination papers. There is ongoing correspondence in this regard already in the possession of 
London Elects.
The other candidate's deposit at that stage became available for transfer to my nomination 
process within the deadline of 4.00pm Wednesday 27 March 2024. 
My team informed the GLRO that this was happening, and formal notification was received by the GLRO by close of business on 2 April i.e. two working days after the deadline of 27 March 
because of the Easter Break. Due to confusion as to which deposit was for whom there was a 
delay in establishing the correct deposit monies coming from the withdrawn candidate by London Elects and this was communicated to me on 28th March 2024.  Due to the Good Friday and 
Monday Bank Holiday weekend, the follow-up with the correct details were submitted on the 
following working day being Tuesday, 2nd April before close of business.  
It will be seen therefore the point being is that in principle the deposit was already existent in the 
relevant account and THAT had been notified in writing as being transferred to my nomination and therefore there just had to be implementation of this transfer by London Elects and that notified to 
the GLRO.  
It must be noted that the submission of the signatures of electors are the PRIME validation of a 
candidate’s Mayoral nomination and the precise TIMING of the deposit verification is a secondary 
matter.
The London Elects document guidance literature "BECOMING MAYOR CANDIDATES" does not 
mention ‘Deposits’ in its introduction How does someone become a candidate but refers to... 

£10,000 deposit to stand as a candidate? 🤨

I baulked at the cost of £5000 to stand for West Midlands Mayor this year, plus I don't know enough people to get the required number of nominations.

It's all very... elitist isn't it? 💸

Anyway, beyond that, my personal opinion is that Piers Corbyn is a fraud, and I wonder how much money he has extracted from his 'supporters'. (see 'Brian Rose' from last time around)

It is disappointing that he is standing on a single issue, and is basically trying to replicate George Galloway's success in Rochdale by pandering to the 'pro-Palestine' Muslim vote.

4 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

£10,000 deposit to stand as a candidate? 🤨

I baulked at the cost of £5000 to stand for West Midlands Mayor this year, plus I don't know enough people to get the required number of nominations.

It's all very... elitist isn't it? 💸

Anyway, beyond that, my personal opinion is that Piers Corbyn is a fraud, and I wonder how much money he has extracted from his 'supporters'. (see 'Brian Rose' from last time around)

It is disappointing that he is standing on a single issue, and is basically trying to replicate George Galloway's success in Rochdale by pandering to the 'pro-Palestine' Muslim vote.

He originally had more policies, but probably decided to simplify his message after feedback from the public, I assume.

I don't think he's a fraud - there's not much evidence of that, as far as I can tell. And he's still preferable to the current Mayor. 

8 hours ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

He originally had more policies, but probably decided to simplify his message after feedback from the public, I assume.

I don't think he's a fraud - there's not much evidence of that, as far as I can tell. And he's still preferable to the current Mayor. 

Ha ha ha, when did politicians ever tell us their whole agenda during election campaigns! No doubt he is playing to his target audience, but what can the mayor of the West Mids do about UK foreign policy in the middle east?  Sending a message of protest as a kind of rehearsal for the general election maybe. 

Piers Corbyn isn't giving up. 

"History will be made!
JOIN IN! Piers Corbyn today 17 April lodged emergency applications in the High Court for the London Election authority to unblock his valid Mayoral candidature. Piers says: "We will win! London will win! I stand for Peace. We'll break Khan and the circus of the Parties if I'm allowed in the race. If the courts don't let me in we will have a massive write-in vote; put Piers4Mayor across the ballot and end the arrogant autocracy, chaos and decline of London under Khan and the Tory fake opposition. It's now or never to stand up for Peace & accountability!

SPOIL KHAN CHAOS -
SPOIL YOUR BALLOT!"

Edited by Grumpy Grapes

8 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Cuban spy fooled Washington officials for decades—most recently posing as an anti-Communist 'MAGA conservative'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13146079/cuban-spy-miami-donald-trump-maga-conservative-car-crash.html

Thanks EW. This kind of thing is almost inevitable as a country goes more multicultural and increasing numbers of its citizens have foreign allegiances. The ptb there are so desperate for open borders and ending the white majority, and then displaying faux surprise when people aren't patriotic. 

• Like 1