Covid Pandemic or Irrational Fear? Which is worse?

Dar

Our species existed on this planet for 6.4 million years. As humans, we have 200,000 years of recorded history. So, imagine, within that span of existence, humans survived everything mother nature could throw their way including war. Yes, many died but many survived to continue the next generation without the intervention of modern technology and medicine.

The Black Plague nearly wipeout 2/3rds of Europe’s population. But scientists tested present surviving descendants from that period and discovered a genetic anomaly: simply, those who survived genetically evolved to resist future plagues, and so it is—we are biological designed to evolve and survive.

Historically, governments, religious institutions and kingdoms gave a damn about their subjects. Citizens were seen as a means to an end to mostly served the power base’s long-term interests that superseded the individual’s interests and needs. This can be logically debated and supported with facts, so to think that governments today have changed is irrational and wishful thinking—Wars is one example. My point here is that this pandemic is whose narrative? What’s the real agenda? Are we really experiencing a True pandemic? Why are educated men and women ignoring the real science and history of our survival and genetic evolution for the past 500,000 + years?

If we compare the COVID 19 pandemic to George Orwell’s 'The War of the Worlds' radio broadcast in 1938, we can see similarities of fear mongering: we now know 'The War of the Worlds' successfully drove people to believe (without actual physical evidence!) that the world was being invaded by Martians! Some even committed suicide out of resignation, hopelessness and depression! Say what you will, but this public reaction to the radio broadcast without evidence was an irrational reaction driven by an emotional fear. But what does this story have to do with COVID 19?

What do we know about COVID 19? We only know what we read, are being told, see on TV, see on social media, hear from family and friends, or read online. But whose narrative is it? How do we know it’s true? So-called experts tell us that Covid is real, and we must take precaution and get vaccinated; but even the vaccines are questionable. To ad complexity, who are these experts? Who are they working for? Are they true experts, or because of their titles, we should believe them? The Covid narrative seems to change weekly. So, is the Covid pandemic real, or is it designed to drive fear? If it is designed to create fear, then for what purpose? We now know The War of the World’s narrative was false, but caused deep emotional and irrational fear; and like those in 1938 who committed suicide, we too are driven by irrational fear and willing to subject ourselves to potential harm via a vaccine that has not been approved by the FDA. We know the vaccines have potential dangers: we know because the evidence is there and we are being reminded by those who are asking us the get vaccinated. But is getting a vaccine that has not been approved—an experimental vaccine—rational or irrational behavior driven by emotional fear?

To date, governments are no longer asking or leaving it to the individual to get vaccinated, but they are coyly implementing policies to impose vaccinations on the population without choice. So, is COVID the real threat, is the vaccines the real threat, or is the real threat self-imposed irrational behavior driven by fear because we are allowing ourselves to be manipulated? But fear of what?!! Remember, humans survived 6.4 million years on this earth, and they will continue to do so COVID or not!

By the way, did you know that globally more people die per year due to cardio vascular heart disease driven by poor nutrition and environmental degradation than from COVID? But you do not see governments, medical experts and institutions call this a pandemic and move to action.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dar said:

If we compare the COVID 19 pandemic to George Orwell’s 'The War of the Worlds' radio broadcast in 1938, we can see similarities of fear mongering: we now know 'The War of the Worlds' successfully drove people to believe (without actual physical evidence!) that the world was being invaded by Martians! Some even committed suicide out of resignation, hopelessness and depression! Say what you will, but this public reaction to the radio broadcast without evidence was an irrational reaction driven by an emotional fear. But what does this story have to do with COVID 19?

If anything, this just goes to show you just how much control the 'mainstream media' has now over peoples' ability to think critically, logically, and for themselves.

What was achieved in 1938 by Orson Welles' broadcast, has been greatly magnified. The media now has the power to 'simulate' any kind of major event, and present it as 'real', and the viewing audience will believe it is real and actually happening.

• Like 2

"Them: You won't be able to attend a concert or football games
Me: I don't mind
Them: You can't go to a large shopping mall
Me: I'll survive
Them: You can't drink at the pub
Me: I no longer drink
Them: You can't enter night clubs
Me: I don't go out at night
Them: We'll tell your employer
Me: I don't have one
Them: We'll take it from your salary
Me: I don't have a salary
Them: You can't go to your job
Me: I don't have or want your job
Them: You can't be in the city
Me: I prefer living out in nature
Them: You can't go to McDonald's or Burger King
Me: I haven't in years anyway
Them: You can't eat at restaurants
Me: I'll order takeaway
Them: You can't shop at large grocery stores
Me: I grow my own food and buy from local farmers
Them: You can't be part of society
Me: I already checked out
Them: Your kids can't come to school
Me: I'll homeschool
Them: You'll be on your own
Me: I'm surrounded by my family and tribe and all the people reaching the same conclusion all over the world
Them: You can't choose for yourself
Me: I just did
Them: What can we tempt you with?
Me: Nothing
When they have nothing you want they have no power.
And that's when power comes to the people."
  • Like 1

The covid pandemic *is* irrational fear. 

Designed to instill irrational fear in the public and based on irrational fears that have been relentlessly bombarded at us through the media.

Result? The majority become irrationally fearful, and make irrational decisions about their bodies, their futures, and how they live.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I just wanted to add another twist to this topic: in the Judeo-Christian world, and I am a Christian, we are taught to believe in God and in life after death. We are taught that death is not the end but the beginning to eternal life— but we must not believe in it, because we are fearful of death. LOL, what an oxymoron!

The more I have pondered my existence, the more I am realizing that David might be right—It's all an illusion made by us. We are the illusion.

• 4 weeks later...

This past year I re-read a classic book on social panic and the hysteria prone to crowds. In it, was the story of an imaginary outbreak that occurred in some small European town in which students were initially told there had been a poisonous leak in the building. Some of the students began fainting, others even convulsing. Later it was discovered there had been no leak at all and that all the effects upon the students were caused by the power of (auto)suggestion. As I read this, I could not help but think of what we have been witnessing with regard to all the covid hype.

Say, if for the past eighteen months the media had reported and endlessly repeated every single automobile accident that ever occurred the world over, with 24/7 coverage, can you imagine the number of psychological cripples and paranoiacs there would be worldwide; people afraid of getting too close to their vehicles and ever fearful of other motorists on the road, possibly even regarding all those driving the speed limit (as opposed to under it) as 'not caring for other drivers' and being 'selfish'? One simply cannot underestimate the almost supernatural power of media propaganda & social conditioning and its glaring effects upon the impressionable public at large.

• Like 2