Flat Earth: the last thread about this subject on this forum

2 hours ago, alexa said:

It is the firmament that revolves, with the moon, sun and the stars inside of it.😉 This is why it's impossible for the sun to be millions of miles away.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; KJV Genesis 1-14

Sorry zArk, just saying.........:classic_smile:

Debate time ... heh

i picture the firmament as the separating barrier between the waters above and the waters below us

5 hours ago, zArk said:

The heliocentric model keeps failing

Laser experiments over lakes showing the earth to be flat

Photographs showing objects supposedly hidden by the curve

Camera zooms showing wind turbines at 17miles when the horizon is claimed to be 3 miles

Solar eclipse 2017 impossible fit to Heliocentric model

FBMiP7UXIAAmdiM.jpg.112d667170b160ee624d39b48d7e4bd3.jpg

4 hours ago, zArk said:

flat earth + same stars in sky . The stars are revolving above the firmament , the earth is motionless.

Voila.

Helio model fails and has no scale model for this because ... it knows it wont work so it ignores, pretends not to know, relies upon others to deflect

Whats your evidence of firmament again...a few drawings you've interpreted as truth?😅

2 hours ago, zArk said:

Debate time ... heh

i picture the firmament as the separating barrier between the waters above and the waters below us

This is what I said  on the 10/6  but I thought there was only water outside the firmament

This is zarks reply   thats your ignorance showing

that was in relation to asking how do the two bodies that refract the image of the moon and sun move through water above the firmament

Now he is saying the firmament separates the  waters above and below, he calls it debate time I call it lie time and that's bull shit NO 5 zark you certainly are becoming more and more credible as you go on, and I do remember most of the rubbish you have uttered,so from now if I get the urge I will just point out your liberal interpretations with regards to the truth of what you have previously said because the goal posts need cementing, I'm sure NO 6 wont be far off

Edited by peter

The dome has water above it, but is damaged & leaking & planets moving fast in the primordial waters above is causing the spherical aberration that refracts the images inside the dome, which manifests at the Helium & Krypton layer...

This making sense to you yet Peter?

5 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

The dome has water above it, but is damaged & leaking & planets moving fast in the primordial waters above is causing the spherical aberration that refracts the images inside the dome, which manifests at the Helium & Krypton layer...

This making sense to you yet Peter?

Only one thing wrong with this statement, there are no planets, they are just stars.🌠

@zArk

Annual aberration

500px-Aberration3.svg.png

Stars at the ecliptic poles appear to move in circles, stars exactly in the ecliptic plane move in lines, and stars at intermediate angles move in ellipses. Shown here are the apparent motions of stars with the ecliptic latitudes corresponding to these cases, and with ecliptic longitude of 270°.

500px-Aberrationseasons.svg.png

The direction of aberration of a star at the northern ecliptic pole differs at different times of the year

Annual aberration is caused by the motion of an observer on Earth as the planet revolves around the Sun. Due to orbital eccentricity, the orbital velocity v of Earth (in the Sun's rest frame) varies periodically during the year as the planet traverses its elliptic orbit and consequently the aberration also varies periodically, typically causing stars to appear to move in small ellipses.

Approximating Earth's orbit as circular, the maximum displacement of a star due to annual aberration is known as the constant of aberration, conventionally represented by \kappa. It may be calculated using the relation \kappa =\theta -\phi \approx v/c substituting the Earth's average speed in the Sun's frame for v and the speed of light c. Its accepted value is 20.49552" or arcseconds or 0.000099365 rad or radian (at J2000).[8]

Assuming a circular orbit, annual aberration causes stars exactly on the ecliptic (the plane of Earth's orbit) to appear to move back and forth along a straight line, varying by \kappa on either side of their position in the Sun's frame. A star that is precisely at one of the ecliptic poles (at 90° from the ecliptic plane) will appear to move in a circle of radius \kappa about its true position, and stars at intermediate ecliptic latitudes will appear to move along a small ellipse.

For illustration, consider a star at the northern ecliptic pole viewed by an observer at a point on the Arctic Circle. Such an observer will see the star transit at the zenith, once every day (strictly speaking sidereal day). At the time of the March equinox, Earth's orbit carries the observer in a southwards direction, and the star's apparent declination is therefore displaced to the south by an angle of \kappa. On the September equinox, the star's position is displaced to the north by an equal and opposite amount. On either solstice, the displacement in declination is 0. Conversely, the amount of displacement in right ascension is 0 on either equinox and at maximum on either solstice.

In actuality, Earth's orbit is slightly elliptic rather than circular, and its speed varies somewhat over the course of its orbit, which means the description above is only approximate. Aberration is more accurately calculated using Earth's instantaneous velocity relative to the barycenter of the Solar System.[8]

Note that the displacement due to aberration is orthogonal to any displacement due to parallax. If parallax were detectable, the maximum displacement to the south would occur in December, and the maximum displacement to the north in June. It is this apparently anomalous motion that so mystified early astronomers.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Aberration_(astronomy)

Just now, alexa said:

Well prove me wrong then. Oh by the way I never iron 🎽 just flatten things out 😅

Try explaining some of my posts previous, like Venus crescent or why the south pole can possibly have 24/7 light under your dome. Should be easy for a flatty.

6 hours ago, peter said:

You never responded to my reasons why lasers across the lake was in my opinion  invalid as evidence as to a flat earth all I got from you was dead silence  even blue sky ,your comrade asked me to explain it which I did and I got the same response, dead silence once again  and anyone that is truly interested can go back through the thread and check, this is the 4th time I've caught you being liberal with the truth. ( I hope that's that's acceptable grumpy, you know what I think about liars so I hope I get some brownie  points for restraint, If your so inclined your are quite welcome to go back and check the thread to see just who is telling porkies , but I know you have better things to do )

Still waiting for the theory zark on your non existent moon, non existent sun, krypton layer, helium layer, and don't forget whats outside the dome, remember it's invisible so we should be able to see the two bodies that refract the sun and moon's image and plot their paths through the non existent space

The point of observation rotating is looking better and better

I didn't ask you to explain about lasers across the lake. The only thing I've ever asked you is "Done? As in lasers, the thread or the FE subject?" To which you didn't answer. 

1 hour ago, peter said:

This is what I said  on the 10/6  but I thought there was only water outside the firmament

This is zarks reply   thats your ignorance showing

that was in relation to asking how do the two bodies that refract the image of the moon and sun move through water above the firmament

IMG_20211010_160923.jpg.4a353368c86a0ef3e8f4a45acbe6653c.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Try explaining some of my posts previous, like Venus crescent or why the south pole can possibly have 24/7 light under your dome. Should be easy for a flatty.

We're not talking about Antarctica are we ? This is another whole new topic all on it's own.

38 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

@zArk

Annual aberration

500px-Aberration3.svg.png

Stars at the ecliptic poles appear to move in circles, stars exactly in the ecliptic plane move in lines, and stars at intermediate angles move in ellipses. Shown here are the apparent motions of stars with the ecliptic latitudes corresponding to these cases, and with ecliptic longitude of 270°.

500px-Aberrationseasons.svg.png

The direction of aberration of a star at the northern ecliptic pole differs at different times of the year

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Aberration_(astronomy)

Which constellation or star in the UK June and December sky are you applying the above to?

n.b are you suggesting all the sky stars are in one place where the diagram says 

"Light from distant object"

????

Just now, zArk said:

Which constellation or star in the UK June and December sky are you applying the above to?

n.b are you suggesting all the sky stars are in one place where the diagram says 

"Light from distant object"

????

Isnt that clear from the text? "Stars at the eclyptic poles"

12 minutes ago, alexa said:

We're not talking about Antarctica are we ? This is another whole new topic all on it's own.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:20 PM, oddsnsods said:

Reup for the domeheads.

As you wont believe this is Antarctica & say is Greenland or some shit, I have added some nearby southern tip Islands around the dome for you to ponder on with your map.

Pretty 1000% certain wont get any response from the cult on this.

I have pointed out 4 different islands around the globe, that get around 16-17 hours daylight in December.

Heard Island.

French Antartic Islands.

Southern tip of Chile.

Campbell Islands New Zealand.

How much daylight is there in Antarctica during summer and winter?

https://www.antarctica.gov.au/about-antarctica/weather-and-climate/weather/sunlight-hours/

Please explain on your dome, how these all light up so long in December solstice.

flat-earth.gif

We are talking about the sun & moon in your dome world are we not?

6 hours ago, alexa said:

It is the firmament that revolves, with the moon, sun and the stars inside of it.😉 This is why it's impossible for the sun to be millions of miles away.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; KJV Genesis 1-14

Sorry zArk, just saying.........:classic_smile:

Okay. You want me to translate that for you? Everything you think you understand by perceptible reality does not move. Something unknown to humans is taking place. The only things that can physically move are animals and humans. And their primitive technology. And that's in the fixed three-dimensional construct. The rest you can't even comprehend. The firmament is the same as the stars. The layers only release what humans have to know. It could demonstrate countless variations of reality. If today's humans are unable to decipher reality, what makes you think that those who wrote down interpretations could understand it? You basically know nothing. Reality itself is a single superordinate anomaly.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, zArk said:

So which constellations or stars do you mean ? 

juneskly.jpg.d13491d643cde90b202f93201e59b801.jpg

decsky.jpg.c4a7fd5877fa4ddcc8a72c11828cc7d3.jpg

Draco, as shown in both star maps.

The instrument was set up in November 1725, and observations on γ Draconis were made starting in December. The star was observed to move 40″ southwards between September and March, and then reversed its course from March to September. [10] At the same time, 35 Camelopardalis, a star with a right ascension nearly exactly opposite to that of γ Draconis, was 19" more northerly at the beginning of March than in September.[11] These results were completely unexpected and inexplicable by existing theories.

The following table shows the magnitude of deviation from true declination for γ Draconis and the direction, on the planes of the solstitial colure and ecliptic prime meridian, of the tangent of the velocity of the Earth in its orbit for each of the four months where the extremes are found, as well as expected deviation from true ecliptic longitude if Bradley had measured its deviation from right ascension:

image.png.56bc1ffe3113ee7950ee71a192e9889b.png

Bradley proposed that the aberration of light not only affected declination, but right ascension as well, so that a star in the pole of the ecliptic would describe a little ellipse with a diameter of about 40", but for simplicity, he assumed it to be a circle. Since he only observed the deviation in declination, and not in right ascension, his calculations for the maximum deviation of a star in the pole of the ecliptic are for its declination only, which will coincide with the diameter of the little circle described by such star. For eight different stars, his calculations are as follows:

image.png.c8df1076b5b6b00ea9dd2ddd26244935.png

Based on these calculations, Bradley was able to estimate the constant of aberration at 20.2", which is equal to 0.00009793 radians, and with this was able to estimate the speed of light at 183,300 miles (295,000 km) per second.[14] By projecting the little circle for a star in the pole of the ecliptic, he could simplify the calculation of the relationship between the speed of light and the speed of the Earth's annual motion in its orbit as follows:

cos ⁡ ( 1 2 π − 0.00009793 ) = sin ⁡ ( 0.00009793 ) = v c {\displaystyle \cos \left({\frac {1}{2}}\pi -0.00009793\right)=\sin(0.00009793)={\frac {v}{c}}} {\displaystyle \cos \left({\frac {1}{2}}\pi -0.00009793\right)=\sin(0.00009793)={\frac {v}{c}}}

Thus, the speed of light to the speed of the Earth's annual motion in its orbit is 10,210 to one, from whence it would follow, that light moves, or is propagated as far as from the Sun to the Earth in 8 minutes 12 seconds.[15]

The discovery and elucidation of aberration is now regarded as a classic case of the application of scientific method, in which observations are made to test a theory, but unexpected results are sometimes obtained that in turn lead to new discoveries. It is also worth noting that part of the original motivation of the search for stellar parallax was to test the Copernican theory that the Earth revolves around the Sun, but of course the existence of aberration also establishes the truth of that theory.

James Bradley's observations

2 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I didn't ask you to explain about lasers across the lake. The only thing I've ever asked you is "Done? As in lasers, the thread or the FE subject?" To which you didn't answer. 

I said I would explain it in 6 days ,after which you said DONE , my reply was I have already explained it but here it is again and repeated the post , two which there was silence,if you like I will go back and find exactly what was said and re-post it for all to see, and they can work out the context of what was being said for themselves

Edited by peter