Flat Earth: the last thread about this subject on this forum

Ever seen the sun and moon (or reflection of) in the sky at the same time?

Seems weird to me. As light refracts through the atmosphere, surely the view of the moon's reflection should only be visible for a flash. How much has our angle changed in the 8 minutes it takes for light to get to us from the sun? Slight enough for both to be visible for hours at a time? How come the moon's image doesn't bend and stretch as light reflects off the moon and refracts in the atmosphere like a prism through a glass of water?

5 hours ago, Gav said:

Perspective. I notice you completely ignored my post about how far the Sun is, so how close do those rays put it? 

Explain this. How does the Sun above the eyeline, dip below the horizon? Same size same speed wherever it is on the planet.

AntiCrepRays_Goff_960.jpg?itok=J5WlPU7F

that sun is close video explains it.

if the sun is 100miles above you at midday and the horizon at sunset is 100 miles away from you would the sun be smaller or the same size.

3 hours ago, zArk said:

its not an analogy ... it is fact that the experiment recorded those figures (1.79m actual vs globe predicted 4.32m)

the laser from one side of a lake was tracked by use of a boat with an attached vertical white screen. at points from shore to the other side of the lake, the white screen passed the laser and the point recorded and the height of the laser recorded. the path of the laser was recorded until the opposite shore.

the globe theory predicted a 4.32m height finishing point.

the predicted FE height was 1.84m

the actual finishing height was 1.79m

I said I didn't watch the video and explained why, then I said I would take your analogy as fact , maybe analogy was the wrong word ,but once again you have failed to mention scale and perspective,which I mentioned previously and believe it to be relevant because you are comparing something that is what 3 or 4 foot long to the entire world.

I said there was a fundamental problem with any experiment using  lasers across a lake and on land for that matter, as I said to your compardrey, I don't watch videos,either for or against as I like to think for myself and form my own conclusions and not parrot someone else's. If you don't know what the problem is as I see it  ( I'm not saying I'm correct but I think I am) , first I will ask you one question and give you one statement ,If you haven't got it in a week let me know and I will be more than happy to tell you what it is.

1  What is a lake ( perched or otherwise)

2 Line 4 of you fence experiment is relavent

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, you seem like an intelligent person, I'm just trying to make you think

3 hours ago, zArk said:

Iit didnt skip off the surface as the laser was recorded at multiple points across the lake.

you didnt watch the video.

Please explain to me why you think the flat Earth businessman is 100% accurate in his reporting. I watched the whole video. I didn't say it was skipping in this case but it can explain numerous other videos. The laser will curve with air density, just like light. Which part of that confuses you?

Hey, you seem to have missed a whole lot of my post out, that would be the bits you don't want to answer?

Give me your views on the Minnewanka experiment, explain this. How far away is the Sun?

2 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

that sun is close video explains it.

if the sun is 100miles above you at midday and the horizon at sunset is 100 miles away from you would the sun be smaller or the same size.

Your video just explains how very short of reality they are. The rays are crepuscular and very far away. They converge like that to a vanishing point, just like a railway line.

Now tell me this, if the Sun is 100 miles above the surface, it still must be 100 miles above the surface on the point it is magically disappearing at. And every point until it reaches the end of the Earth.

How the hell does it set? Have a look at that simple diagram, what is that 350 miles away, still the same size? Still above eyeline. How does it disappear, at what distance?

dead-obvious.jpg

4 hours ago, zArk said:

i have screen shot the video showing you the mirage

its right there.

So, to summarise. The video showing a camera full zoom to the horizon, with one ship on the horizon/close and the other way beyond it and 90% obscured by the horizon, is in fact a big trick of light and actually a mirage. Is that what you are saying?

And you did screen shots "showing" this because you said you did, when in fact you just drew some lines.

Is it any wonder that this ridiculous subject never gets resolved! This is absurd denial of the totally obvious.

The Sun proves the planet. It travels the same speed, covers the same angle in the same time, no matter where it is viewed from and at any elevation. It never changes size.

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

This thread is just becoming a rerun of this one

I am sick of the whole subject YET AGAIN.. 

If I was a conspiracy theorist I might think it was actually people promoting FE trying to get threads shut down just so they can scream - CENSORSHIP - VICTIMS...!!! 

BC 

Just now, Basket Case said:

I am sick of the whole subject YET AGAIN.. 

If I was a conspiracy theorist I might think it was actually people promoting FE trying to get threads shut down just so they can scream - CENSORSHIP - VICTIMS...!!! 

BC 

I would agree with you, that's what it looks like to me.

I have removed a number of posts that I consider 'baiting' or trying to stir conflict.

Everyone, keep this 'on-topic', as I'm not going to issue any more public warnings.

• Like 1

I don't know the history on this forum of the flat earth subject, but there seems to be some with "issues" on this thread at least, including mods. It's weird. There's new people joining the forum all the time. Every bit of info doesn't have to be brand new does it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueSky said:

Every bit of info doesn't have to be brand new does it. 

When it comes to monitoring and moderating FE subjects... Yes, it's been requested that new discussions are the only way forward without all the overused repeat pictures and videos that members have been throwing around for years. 

BC 

9 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

When it comes to monitoring and moderating FE subjects... Yes, it's been requested that new discussions are the only way forward without all the overused repeat pictures and videos that members have been throwing around for years. 

BC 

Requested by who?

It's a fairly new subject for me, I've not seen most of what's been posted on this thread before.

If anyone's had their fill of the subject matter, then maybe they should move on. No discussion unless new info is offered up just seems strange imo. Like an excuse to avoid discussing the subject. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

I don't know the history on this forum of the flat earth subject, but there seems to be some with "issues" on this thread at least, including mods. It's weird. There's new people joining the forum all the time. Every bit of info doesn't have to be brand new does it. 

Same here.  I do not also know the history of the previous thread on FE and have not delved very deep into all the arguments, but I also find it very surprising that the mods who by definition should be impartial, are taking sides on this topic. Could they not separate their contribution as members, where they are allowed to choose whatever side they are on, and their roles as moderators? 

For me the only thing that stands out is the whole mainstream attempt to squash all discussions of the shape of the earth. I made a few searches on the internet yesterday, trying to learn about this topic, and search engines, youtube etc all had globe videos on top, with a few mocking FE believers. The algorithms had even promoted to the top of searches, certain videos explaining how in religious texts like Q'ran , flat earth is explained. I have no idea about that book, but for the books of another religion that I have studied , I caught the lie--they quoted from a later falsified version of certain religious texts and have put that up on top of searches. 

My rule of thumb is as follows---if mainstream is going batshit crazy about supporting one point of view over every other, even controlling the narrative of what we foolishly assume to be free forums, then there must be a reason for that and the truth must be being suppressed.

Why? I believe they are controlling the FE vs globe arguments so that no third option is ever discussed.

Like, virus no virus, mass genocide, nobody died, germ vs terrain...they pre-create and approve two opposing and not entirely accurate versions of the truth, and start off the arguments.

And people take the bait.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Is it any wonder that this ridiculous subject never gets resolved!

well, just leave the thread and allow it to progress with people who wish to discuss this subject.🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

you cant pick and choose when perspective is valid or not

if you was person 1 what would u see? the sun setting.

dead-obvious.jpg

also the air would apparently enlarge the sun as it appears lower down

26 minutes ago, m754 said:

Same here.  I do not also know the history of the previous thread on FE and have not delved very deep into all the arguments, but I also find it very surprising that the mods who by definition should be impartial, are taking sides on this topic. Could they not separate their contribution as members, where they are allowed to choose whatever side they are on, and their roles as moderators? 

you're not allowed to discuss the mods actions or any event that has occurred which has been moderated.

this is a rule i think

Flat earth believers will never be able to prove that this plane of existence is flat. Neither will those who believe in a round earth with an infinite universe. None of the dogmas can prove anything. To put it bluntly, humans have no idea what light is. What the atmosphere really is. Where that form stabilised changes into other states not accessible to Humans. And nasa can only go forward, stay there and has to return. And that perceived image will adapt. This means that humans have no idea where they are. I say it again everything is based on pure conjecture. And what would happen if all believed things like the so-called sun were no longer perceptible for a few so-called days? Or that so-called water would stop moving. Or the beautiful sky stops in its so-called movement. Flat earth knows as much as Nasa.

45 minutes ago, zArk said:

you're not allowed to discuss the mods actions or any event that has occurred which has been moderated.

this is a rule i think

Ohh..I did not know that.

I will refrain from posting any further in that case.

2 hours ago, BlueSky said:

1 hour ago, m754 said:

For me the only thing that stands out is the whole mainstream attempt to squash all discussions of the shape of the earth. I made a few searches on the internet yesterday, trying to learn about this topic, and search engines, youtube etc all had globe videos on top, with a few mocking FE believers. The algorithms had even promoted to the top of searches, certain videos explaining how in religious texts like Q'ran , flat earth is explained. I have no idea about that book, but for the books of another religion that I have studied , I caught the lie--they quoted from a later falsified version of certain religious texts and have put that up on top of searches. 

My rule of thumb is as follows---if mainstream is going batshit crazy about supporting one point of view over every other, even controlling the narrative of what we foolishly assume to be free forums, then there must be a reason for that and the truth must be being suppressed.

Why? I believe they are controlling the FE vs globe arguments so that no third option is ever discussed.

Like, virus no virus, mass genocide, nobody died, germ vs terrain...they pre-create and approve two opposing and not entirely accurate versions of the truth, and start off the arguments.

And people take the bait.

Here you go.
Enough threads with so many links / references and videos it'll keep you busy for more than a month...
You're welcome :O)
BC

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/18316-200-proofs-earth-is-not-a-spinning-ball/

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/20258-flat-earth-are-you-serious/

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/20652-why-the-extreme-hostility-from-anti-flat-earthers/

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/21057-the-great-flatearth-information-exchange-thread/

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/9792-why-the-earth-cannot-possibly-be-flat/

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/11643-hard-to-find-evidence-that-the-earth-isnt-flat/

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/15713-flat-earth-scam/

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/5513-the-flat-earth-thread-the-reality-of-our-physical-plane-v2/

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/12440-the-moment-i-knew-that-gravity-was-not-what-they-tell-us-it-is/

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/21020-flat-earthers-say-no-more/

4 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Requested by who?

It's a fairly new subject for me, I've not seen most of what's been posted on this thread before.

If anyone's had their fill of the subject matter, then maybe they should move on. No discussion unless new info is offered up just seems strange imo. Like an excuse to avoid discussing the subject. 

Its not "an excuse to avoid discussing the subject".

See the links in the OP, there is already a thread that ran to 137 pages

Plenty of information and material there to get stuck into if you're new to all this.

What gets tiresome is people discussing (or arguing about) the same thing, over and over again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Basket Case said:

BC 

I don't think what I have added is old, I think it's quite the opposite. Plus the videos aren't that old. They're interesting BC, you should take a look.

What I keep viewing is people who interested in this subject want to talk about it, and others just want to shout them people down for wanting to discuss a subject and learn about it. But they're constantly having to defend themselves for posting something they've viewed, but the opposition don't bother to view the material (maybe not in all cases) and launch into a tirade of abuse for presenting anything.

It's also apparent that neither side of the argument is looking to address (not in all cases) any arguments that are posted in either direction and just deflect with more questions. 

I don't see why these people, who frankly shouldn't care less what other people think, are actually bothered by what people are thinking. It's a strange paradox that I don't understand why they can't leave it alone. 🤔 If they believe the opposite then why do they care someone doesn't believe the earth is a sphere/oblate spheroid?

Then further questions develop to understand this paradox and frankly this is why there is a suspicion of why this paradox occurs. 

Personally I like the subject, I just don't see why it should bother other people who want to discuss this subject without criticism. You don't see this type of behaviour on any other topic on this forum. It stirs the imagination as to why. A conundrum if you will, this is why I'm suspicious because one doth protest too much. Suspect as fuck. 

• Like 3