Flat Earth: the last thread about this subject on this forum

34 minutes ago, alexa said:

The bible proves the earth is a flat and covered by a dome and above the dome there is more water and beneath the earth also. Read the book of Job.

Through out the bible there are many passages like this, in fact there are over 200.

Job: Who Can Argue with God?
He commands the sun not to shine; He seals off the stars. He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea. He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion, of the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.

Job 26:7
He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth upon nothing.

Job 37:18
can you, like Him, spread out the skies to reflect the heat like a mirror of bronze?

Job 37:18
Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

Job 38:11
And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

Psalm 104:2
He wraps Himself in light as with a garment; He stretches out the heavens like a tent,

You agree then the Sun is god, so whats the problem with sun worship.

Malachi 4:2    
“But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.

Luke 1:78-79    

Because of the tender mercy of our God,
With which the Sunrise from on high will visit us,
To shine upon those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death,
To guide our feet into the way of peace.”

Psalm 84:11    
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Isaiah 9:2    
The people who walk in darkness
Will see a great light;
Those who live in a dark land,
The light will shine on them.

Habakkuk 3:4    

His radiance is like the sunlight;
He has rays flashing from His hand,
And there is the hiding of His power.

Matthew 17:2    
And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light.

2 Corinthians 4:6    
For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Revelation 1:16    
In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/God-Likened-To-The-Sun

Nothing about the moon being a map of earth tho.

Sounds like diverse doctrine false preacher shit to me..

Alexa I know you know your Bible as your brought up before bits of truth..like Baalbek built by same Phoenicians who built Jerusalem temple for Solomon.

Later captured by the Romans & made into temple of Zeus/Jupiter. Just like Jerusalem.

We shall agree to disagree.

My apologies for my rudeness.

Edited by oddsnsods

6 hours ago, alexa said:

I don't, nobody does for sure but I do believe the lords work & if he says the earth is a great expanse, I believe him.

compared to what, the head of a pin,I would agree then ,what about the sun?

As far as the lords work goes I believe the Spanish were excellent at it back in the day

1 hour ago, alexa said:

I go by the real truth, that which God has spoken, then you can not go wrong!

Well that's the end of that discussion , your obviously correct in everything you say,

Maybe the next thread should have the title of (the correlation between self delusion ,faith and confirmation bias),I don't know ,just a thought

16 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Nothing about the moon being a map of earth tho.

No, the nearest I could find was this;

He wraps up the waters in His clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their own weight. He covers the face of the full moon, spreading over it His cloud. He has inscribed a horizon on the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness.… Job 26-8

22 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Alexa I know you know your Bible as your brought up before bits of truth..like Baalbek built by same Phoenicians who built Jerusalem temple for Solomon.

Later captured by the Romans & made into temple of Zeus/Jupiter. Just like Jerusalem.

We shall agree to disagree.

My apologies for my rudeness.

That's OK odds, no need for apologies, you weren't that rude, I had worse :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexa said:

No, the nearest I could find was this;

He wraps up the waters in His clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their own weight. He covers the face of the full moon, spreading over it His cloud. He has inscribed a horizon on the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness.… Job 26-8

🤔 Horizon.

Yes this is an aesthetic expression of creation.

7 hours ago, peter said:

you have to be trying to wind me up

No not at all, I couldn't make head or tail of your quote ????

compared to what, the head of a pin,I would agree then ,what about the sun?

As far as the lords work goes I believe the Spanish were excellent at it back in the day

:classic_unsure:

7 hours ago, oddsnsods said:

🤔 Horizon.

Horizontal ..............

The line at which the earth's surface and the sky appear to meet.

skyline

range of vision

field of view

vista

view

Similar:

On 9/4/2021 at 1:36 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

Actually, the moon does 'spin' or rotate, but it does so at a rate that keeps the same side facing towards the earth. It completes one rotation on its axis in pretty much the same time it takes to orbit the Earth.

yeah.. of course.. it makes perfect sense 🤦‍♂️

On 9/4/2021 at 10:29 PM, peter said:

If the moon is translucent and reflects an image of the entire realm what are the extra lands doing on the map at the moment, because here on  earth they are covered with ice and therefore the moon should reflect that according to you.

well first, the moon we see in my opinion is the refracted image therefore is translucent because its an image.

second, the moon isnt reflecting an image, it is a snapshot of the earth from a specific moment in time (dunno when)

third, the additional lands could be in darkness or have its own sun or maybe has the same sun as us ?

fourth, the ice , the lands, the separation, links in with historical records of a great cataclysm

On 9/4/2021 at 2:09 PM, peter said:

👍

if you cant see it moving ---- it proves its moving .... lmao

you guys are funny

if you cant see the curve, measure it, demonstrate it exists with repeatable experiments .... that proves its there

or even better

an experiment recording no curve but infact showing a level flat earth is actually proving a curve

🤣

Edited by zArk

47 minutes ago, zArk said:

well first, the moon we see in my opinion is the refracted image therefore is translucent because its an image.

second, the moon isnt reflecting an image, it is a snapshot of the earth from a specific moment in time (dunno when)

third, the additional lands could be in darkness or have its own sun or maybe has the same sun as us ?

fourth, the ice , the lands, the separation, links in with historical records of a great cataclysm

In you previous post you were trying to be sarcastic  and it was a very poor attempt at taking the piss, so much so you even had to put a laughter sign at the bottom of the post just to let people know how funny you think you are. Then low and behold you come back with dribble  like this and you expect to be taken seriously, talk about falling short of the mark,in my opinion you didn't even get off the starting blocks,

1 If someone has an opinion about something they should be able to back it up with reasoning as to why instead of making a blanket statement

2 From this statement I can only conclude you think the moon is a Polaroid picture, you have just contradicted yourself in the first two statements

3 This is a pearler, I can't even comment, suffice to say it could have KFC on every corner as well (see that's how you use sarcasm)

4 you must be talking about the younger dryas event, how convenient, but that would mean the moon is a Polaroid picture because that was around 12,700 years ago, then again 11,600 years ago, once again your statement is rather lacking in evidence .

Edited by peter

5 hours ago, alexa said:

IMO The moon is plasma & is a giant mirror reflecting a flat earth map, it is the only true map we have that we can depend on, in plain site for all to see.

Pareidolia.

Again tho, show me in your bible anything about the moon being a mirror?

Have you ever looked at the moon through a telescope Alexa..but you insist on posting this ridiculous nonsense.

As I pointed out to Zark, who clearly isnt interested in reality. The 2d button moon would look like an oval shape from a distance not round like the moon, we clearly see in the distance. Not over our heads. Why do you post this obvious lies but claim you are about truth?

You havent replied to any of my post above about moon craters & how the moon is an obvious sphere, easily verified with a pair of binoculars.

You guys swore the Gleason map was a true map of the earth, now you totally changed your story once again.

Almost like you are deliberately out to discredit this forum.

6 hours ago, zArk said:

if you cant see it moving ---- it proves its moving .... lmao

you guys are funny

if you cant see the curve, measure it, demonstrate it exists with repeatable experiments .... that proves its there

or even better

an experiment recording no curve but infact showing a level flat earth is actually proving a curve

🤣

But I did with the drone footage of the double sunset & the suns diameter & you havent gave any kind of explanation of how this is possible.

Thats all you need.

There is no vanishing point.

Theres clearly an horizon, never been explained by the flat preservation society.

image.png.cbae80e55fe8e321e2ce2ff6afa0674f.png

mb266186j4k41.png

D-kdh_9X4AAUiEJ.jpg.adc2fcb2533bada1cee6b7baf3a2ddee.jpg

Nordsee-one-9ck.jpg

Edited by oddsnsods

oddsnsods: those pics of the wind turbines are a very good approximation to what I saw when I was sitting in the Coast Bar at The Claremont Hotel in Douglas Isle of Man. What better proof of 'the curve' and the globe earth can you get?

I avoid Flat Earth threads unless I have something very definite to say. The flat earth nutters are impossible to debate with.

20 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

But I did with the drone footage of the double sunset & the suns diameter & you havent gave any kind of explanation of how this is possible.

Thats all you need.

There is no vanishing point.

Theres clearly an horizon, never been explained by the flat preservation society.

image.png.cbae80e55fe8e321e2ce2ff6afa0674f.png

mb266186j4k41.png

oddsnsods: those pics of the wind turbines are a very good approximation to what I saw when I was sitting in the Coast Bar at The Claremont Hotel in Douglas Isle of Man. What better proof of 'the curve' and the globe earth can you get?

I avoid Flat Earth threads unless I have something very definite to say. The flat earth nutters are impossible to debate with.

20 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

D-kdh_9X4AAUiEJ.jpg.adc2fcb2533bada1cee6b7baf3a2ddee.jpg

Nordsee-one-9ck.jpg

Edited by gregory-peccary
My comment got buried in the middle of the pics
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Pareidolia.

Again tho, show me in your bible anything about the moon being a mirror?

Have you ever looked at the moon through a telescope Alexa..but you insist on posting this ridiculous nonsense.

As I pointed out to Zark, who clearly isnt interested in reality. The 2d button moon would look like an oval shape from a distance not round like the moon, we clearly see in the distance. Not over our heads. Why do you post this obvious lies but claim you are about truth?

You havent replied to any of my post above about moon craters & how the moon is an obvious sphere, easily verified with a pair of binoculars.

You guys swore the Gleason map was a true map of the earth, now you totally changed your story once again.

Almost like you are deliberately out to discredit this forum.

Discredit this forum? In what way?