Travelling in Europe

Seeker

I’m just trying to get more info as I’ll be attempting to leave the UK in the coming weeks. Some countries have blocked the UK flying to them, and require proof of vaccination as well as negative test, only while we are on the red list. 

Do you reckon it is possible to fly to a country that is considered green by the final destination country, and fly from there? Or would we still be embargoed with us coming from the UK? 

One interesting thing I read about the green covid passport using QR codes was: a section talking about how not to discriminate against the vaccinated. Something along the lines of ‘unvaccinated who test negative can travel the same as someone vaccinated’. Nice to see, but we know the end game. One exception I saw when glancing over, was Bulgaria who have put on the red list, say you can only travel, if a resident/ long term citizen, and must be vaccinated and also produce a negative test. I think this is an exception if the discrimination against unvaccinated because of it being people from a red list country. Will be interesting to see how this evolves

41 minutes ago, Seeker said:

One interesting thing I read about the green covid passport using QR codes was: a section talking about how not to discriminate against the vaccinated. Something along the lines of ‘unvaccinated who test negative can travel the same as someone vaccinated’. Nice to see, but we know the end game. One exception I saw when glancing over, was Bulgaria who have put on the red list, say you can only travel, if a resident/ long term citizen, and must be vaccinated and also produce a negative test. I think this is an exception if the discrimination against unvaccinated because of it being people from a red list country. Will be interesting to see how this evolves

Why dont you buy a fake vaxination card a nd fill it in yourself. I dont think the officials care too much

16 minutes ago, Jikwan said:

Why dont you buy a fake vaxination card a nd fill it in yourself. I dont think the officials care too much

that could work....for now.

You could self-exempt.

https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/using-the-nhs-covid-pass/#exemptions

But I don't know if it works internationally. I don't think they have come to consensus yet.

It all depends on where your destination is. Some people are managing by making connection flight instead of one. You'll need to do more research by talking to people.

Alternatively.....DIY. Comments.... Oakia, lol

Edited by elongated1
  • Like 1