Why the tight restrictions on 'Likes?' ...

webtrekker

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Why are 'Likes' (reactions to posts) restricted in number? All I'm seeing are posts that have been Quoted simply so that the person replying can say 'Out of Likes!'

Can something be done about this? It will avoid unnecessary multiple occurrences of the same post throughout a thread.

Edited by webtrekker

1 hour ago, screamingeagle said:

it already has been discused a few times....

and the number(of likes in 24h)won't be changed,for various reasons,mainly conspiracy ones 

Ah, fair enough then, I'm all for that! 😉

BTW, ..................... sorry, out of likes!

Edited by webtrekker

• 9 months later...
On 7/19/2021 at 1:15 AM, webtrekker said:

Why are 'Likes' (reactions to posts) restricted in number?

the picture below is of a 'click farm' where many phantom users are created to 'like' posts online so that the creator of the click farm can shape internet opinion and discourse. If people have unlimited likes here then the bad actors from the likes of 77 brigade can simply 'like' their own sock accounts or the accounts of their colleagues and boost up their forum reputation

This way the bad actors could be pushed upto the top of the forum reputation lists even though they are bad actors. So that's why there NEEDS to be limits on the likes: because they would be used POLITICALLY instead of as a way to thank someone for posting something you thought was good

7553569B52.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, DaleP said:

It seems to have reverted back to 10.

good

this will make it harder for the bad actors to game the system and promote their fellow propagandists into undeserved positions of reputation

for example imagine someone from brigade 77 logs in and then gives all their 30 rep points to their sock account or to an associate of theirs or just someone pushing certain agendas such as wokeism or satanism

they can quickly boost those people up when really all they are doing is sharing TRASH

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

good

this will make it harder for the bad actors to game the system and promote their fellow propagandists into undeserved positions of reputation

for example imagine someone from brigade 77 logs in and then gives all their 30 rep points to their sock account or to an associate of theirs or just someone pushing certain agendas such as wokeism or satanism

they can quickly boost those people up when really all they are doing is sharing TRASH

Hmmm ...It's a bloody good point Mac...
Tough one for me - I genuinely like alot of stuff on here  Both from an informative aspect and I also like many members style of presentation/delivery - so I was happy with being able to quite rightly reward the members with deserved recognition.
I see so much good stuff on here by members I get a great feeling from - that just 10 wasn't enough for me.
I'm sure most members here don't give a monkeys about the amount of likes they get, most members here seem to have their egos in check, and aren't too bothered about numbers - but it's still nice to see that something you have wrote has struck a chord with someone else.

But, on the other hand, as you say,  it's a way in for the trolls.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

I see so much good stuff on here by members I get a great feeling from - that just 10 wasn't enough for me.

i totally get that. I run out of likes too but i think its about striking a balance because as you say:

10 minutes ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

it's a way in for the trolls.

Its a sad fact that there is a long history of attacks and disruption of this forum

I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that it is under constant attack of one form or another. Sometimes it is subtle such as people pushing certain agendas or talking points that help grease the wheels of the conspiracy and other times its more overt like capturing the staff and then subverting the forum

but what has become clear to me with crystal clarity is that there are some people out there that have a serious problem with the conspiracy being exposed or at least with certain aspects of the conspiracy being exposed. Some people are heavily invested in some things and they want to uphold narratives and are hostile to those being challenged

really though the whole thing is as david says a 'perception deception' so challenging perceptions is the name of the game

Edited by Macnamara

25 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

challenging perceptions is the name of the game

not a great way to go about making friends though is it....going around challenging peoples perceptions?

Well that depends on whether or not you believe the pursuit of truth is a popularity contest or not

1 hour ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

Hmmm ...It's a bloody good point Mac...
Tough one for me - I genuinely like alot of stuff on here  Both from an informative aspect and I also like many members style of presentation/delivery - so I was happy with being able to quite rightly reward the members with deserved recognition.
I'm sure most members here don't give a monkeys about the amount of likes they get, most members here seem to have their egos in check, and aren't too bothered about numbers - but it's still nice to see that something you have wrote has struck a chord with someone else.

But, on the other hand, as you say,  it's a way in for the trolls.

I was ALWAYS running out of bloody likes for that same reason! Ziggy was often saying "out of likes" in his posts.

57 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

not a great way to go about making friends though is it....going around challenging peoples perceptions?

When I've seen you do it here on the forum you alway sseem to do it in a polite and respectful manner Mac, I like the way you do it, when people come back at you - as long as they are polite - you have always been respectful and polite back.  I respect you for that man.
I don't know about you, but I'm not especially keen on making friends with people that don't know how to take a 'respectful challenge on a certain viewpoint

1 hour ago, Macnamara said:

Well that depends on whether or not you believe the pursuit of truth is a popularity contest or not

My opinion is that it shouldn't be a popularity contest, but a difference of opinion or the will to correct someone should be done in a considerable, respectful manner.
However, I do recall one or two spats I've had in the past where I've gone all out on one or two members.   
I wasn't happy that I did that, but I think I've learned from my mistakes here on the forum.  Time will tell.

I feel there's alot of people who would count themselves as 'awake' or 'switched on' but are they only switched on to their own new and alternative narrative?
By this, I mean the kind of people who know the BS of Politics and what's happening to Society, but are not spiritually switched on?
Maybe this is the start of becoming more awake

(I don't really like the use of the word degrees, but there does seem to be a fair few people who are certainly awake to the BS but maybe not so awake (yet) of themselves,  Love, and the pursuit of truth (no matter what) you can see this I suppose in an aggressive reaction when challenged here on a comment they have made.

I feel that a spiritually switched on person shouldn't mind having his perception of the truth challenged, infact - be glad of it and welcome it  and as you rightly say - the pursuit of truth is all that matters, not fighting for your agument to save face or appear the better more knowedgable person,  I would be mightily impressed if I saw someone here on the forum change their mind and admit that they were incorrect about something and do it gracefully - and with thanks to the other person they have had a difference of opinion withI would think very positive of that person.
(I hope I'm one of those types of souls - I feel I am)
But, I know I fuck up alot too, I know alot of my posts here are absolute garbage, and I'm contantly impressed and full of admiration for other posters who have got something positive that I haven't got.

Sorry I am rambling,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

I was ALWAYS running out of bloody likes for that same reason! Ziggy was often saying "out of likes" in his posts.

Where is Ziggy? Not being nosey just want to know that his alive and well.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Think he permanently quit, but he's on other sites so I think he's still okay :)

Good good.

(Not good his quit of course)

Edited by Fluke
  • Like 1