Jump to content

Climate change low content


SimonTV

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

Piers Corbyn claims he predicted earthquakes:

 

"27 Jan 2024 major earth facing coronal holes in our WeatherAction.com forecasted R5 (Red5) period 25-27 Jan

 

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/browse/significant.php?year=2024


"There was also a significant earthquake m=6.1 in Guatemala on 27th confirming our warning of increased major earthquake risk in this R5 period." 

 

"BRILLIANT! There was a very significant  M6.5 earthquake on morning of Jan 28th (ie within half a day if the R5 forecasted 25-27th for extra risk), in Brazil. Note M6.5 is  significant success in 25-27 +-0.5d ie 4d period where expected score is 4x5/28=0.7 and score was 1.0 M6.5+ quakes."

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/browse/significant.php?year=2024

 

 

Ben Davidson of Suspicious Observers has been predicting and reporting on earthquakes for several years, I'm curious as to why Piers Corbyn is jumping on this bandwagon now.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're fed up of seeing the words "exactly" or "exact" in weather headlines, here's one in a war context, just 2 days before the Russian invasion of Ukraine. 

 

 From "The Daily Express" 

 

"Horror map shows EXACT locations in UK to be decimated if Russia drops nuke on London

A NUKE MAP has shown what would happen if the Capital was targeted by Russia as war in Europe is looking increasingly likely." 

By ROSIE JEMPSON

18:02, Tue, Feb 22, 2022

 

Snow bombs next? 

 

Edited by Grumpy Grapes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

Ben Davidson of Suspicious Observers has been predicting and reporting on earthquakes for several years, I'm curious as to why Piers Corbyn is jumping on this bandwagon now.

 

 

 

Perhaps he has more confidence now in the reliability of the correlation. I hope he doesn't write "exactly" when and where an earthquake will strike. Leave that to the MSM. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

 

Perhaps he has more confidence now in the reliability of the correlation. I hope he doesn't write "exactly" when and where an earthquake will strike. Leave that to the MSM. 

Well, of course "they" know exactly where and when as "they" are creating them

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the PROJECT DETROIT road scheme proposed by Sadiq Khan and Transport for London (TfL) anything to do the similar sounding DETROIT PROJECT in America co-founded by Arianna Huffington and supported by Robert Kennedy,jr.?

 

"Sadiq Khan investing £150m in ‘secret’ technology that could deliver pay-per-mile road charging"

 

"The scheme, called Project Detroit, was set up by Transport for London (TfL) to create a “more sophisticated… new core technology platform for road-user charging”.

 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/sadiq-khan-investing-150m-in-secret-technology-that-could-deliver-pay-per-mile-road-charging/ar-BB1hJ0q3?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=6fb3dd2f670e461ebf00e9c13bd2d62f&ei=18

 

"Remembering "The Detroit Project"
"I realized that if I was going to have an impact on these issues, I was going to have to understand that being attacked is part of being in the debate -- and not let it paralyze me." By Laurie David, Contributor

 

"One of the scariest experiences I've had was when I was working with Arianna on a campaign she undertook called "The Detroit Project." To parody the Bush Administration commercials, we made several commercials connecting the dots between people's purchase of SUVs, the extra gas required for them, and where the money ultimately ends up (not-so-freedom-loving governments in the Mideast)."

 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/remembering-the-detroit-p_b_30331

 

Edited by Grumpy Grapes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

"Claims of 630-mile 'ice bomb' that will blanket UK in snow dismissed by Met Office" (Ellen Manning, 13 February 2024)

 

"The Met Office has dismissed claims that a '630-mile ice bomb' is set to hit the UK, saying the uncertainty of long-range weather forecasts means it can't accurately predict such weather events."

 

"Channel 4 News weather presenter Liam Dutton was even more critical, tweeting: "Since early winter, there have been silly tabloid headlines of 'snow bombs,' 'walls of snow' etc. Yet away from northern hills, most of us have had no snow, or snow that lasted little more than a day or so. Same nonsense every winter. Do they think people don't remember?"

 

"It is not the first time the Met Office has felt the need to point out the uncertainty in long-range forecasting. At the start of the month, forecasters pointed out how confidence levels vary depending on conditions and how long-term the forecasts are, emphasising that people shouldn't put too much emphasis in one map."

 

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/630-mile-ice-bomb-snow-met-office-113515323.html

 

 

 

Edited by Grumpy Grapes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2024 at 4:08 PM, Grumpy Grapes said:

"Claims of 630-mile 'ice bomb' that will blanket UK in snow dismissed by Met Office" (Ellen Manning, 13 February 2024)

 

"The Met Office has dismissed claims that a '630-mile ice bomb' is set to hit the UK, saying the uncertainty of long-range weather forecasts means it can't accurately predict such weather events."

 

"Channel 4 News weather presenter Liam Dutton was even more critical, tweeting: "Since early winter, there have been silly tabloid headlines of 'snow bombs,' 'walls of snow' etc. Yet away from northern hills, most of us have had no snow, or snow that lasted little more than a day or so. Same nonsense every winter. Do they think people don't remember?"

 

"It is not the first time the Met Office has felt the need to point out the uncertainty in long-range forecasting. At the start of the month, forecasters pointed out how confidence levels vary depending on conditions and how long-term the forecasts are, emphasising that people shouldn't put too much emphasis in one map."

 

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/630-mile-ice-bomb-snow-met-office-113515323.html

 

 

 

It's funny that, because most of the 'tabloid headlines' are all formed from press releases put out by the, er, Met Office.

 

It's almost laughable that the Met Office feels the need to debunk it's own fake news.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

It's funny that, because most of the 'tabloid headlines' are all formed from press releases put out by the, er, Met Office.

 

It's almost laughable that the Met Office feels the need to debunk it's own fake news.

 

 

 

 

"WX Charts" is sometimes cited, but they rely on "Met Desk" data, apparently. Here's the latest snow prediction:

 

"Met Office speaks out over 'freezing' end to February and date of next snow"

 

"Charts show a ten-day Polar and Arctic blast, with WX Charts, which uses Met Desk data, predicting sub-zero conditions from February 21 to March. 1."

 

"Long range forecasts predict a freezing end to February for the UK - as the Met Office has its say. Charts show a ten-day Polar and Arctic blast, with WX Charts, which uses Met Desk data, predicting sub-zero conditions from February 21 to March. 1."

"Flurries of snow, with a blanket of the white stuff expected, are predicted for everywhere from Birmingham and Cardiff to Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Inverness and Glasgow. The Met Office has also predicted temperatures could fall towards the end of the month, bringing "the potential for snow" in some areas."

 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/met-office-speaks-out-over-28648933

 

"UK weather: Terrifying map shows 621-mile Atlantic storm bringing 12 inches of snow"

 

"Terryifying weather maps have revealed that a 631-mile Atlantic storm will hit the UK and cause tempartures to plummet.

It comes as forecasters warned that the country will face a "major spell of cold weather and widespread snow " later this month. According to WX Charts, members of the public can expect to see around 12 inches of snow. It is believed the wintry conditions will last for a few days but will first show up with rain."

 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-terrifying-map-shows-32143671

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

 

 

"WX Charts" is sometimes cited, but they rely on "Met Desk" data, apparently. Here's the latest snow prediction:

 

"Met Office speaks out over 'freezing' end to February and date of next snow"

 

"Charts show a ten-day Polar and Arctic blast, with WX Charts, which uses Met Desk data, predicting sub-zero conditions from February 21 to March. 1."

 

"Long range forecasts predict a freezing end to February for the UK - as the Met Office has its say. Charts show a ten-day Polar and Arctic blast, with WX Charts, which uses Met Desk data, predicting sub-zero conditions from February 21 to March. 1."

"Flurries of snow, with a blanket of the white stuff expected, are predicted for everywhere from Birmingham and Cardiff to Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Inverness and Glasgow. The Met Office has also predicted temperatures could fall towards the end of the month, bringing "the potential for snow" in some areas."

 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/met-office-speaks-out-over-28648933

 

"UK weather: Terrifying map shows 621-mile Atlantic storm bringing 12 inches of snow"

 

"Terryifying weather maps have revealed that a 631-mile Atlantic storm will hit the UK and cause tempartures to plummet.

It comes as forecasters warned that the country will face a "major spell of cold weather and widespread snow " later this month. According to WX Charts, members of the public can expect to see around 12 inches of snow. It is believed the wintry conditions will last for a few days but will first show up with rain."

 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-terrifying-map-shows-32143671

 

But it turns out to be bullshit. I don't doubt that some parts of the UK might see some snow, as has happened in recent weeks, but here in Birmingham, we're still waiting for this 'snow bomb' to hit, and looking at the Weather Channel forecast, it's looking extremely unlikely this will happen:

 

image.png.4d80639d8d23c5e6eaf93a6eb79609f4.png

 

It's just fear-mongering click-bait, hence the use of 'terrifying'.

 

On the plus side, at least our gardens are getting a good soaking, which tells me that we could be in line for another long hot summer this year, we can but hope!

 

Which sadly also means that within a matter of weeks, we'll no doubt start seeing the fear-mongering 'heatwave' headlines start to appear...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Money talks and Hollywierd Hugh Jackman milks the gravy train by snuggling up for a cozy read with bill gates' new book

 

Untitled99.jpg.3c15eae9fda6f322bbbefe9d108d0fbb.jpg

 

Yes, that's right, jackman supports paedophiles and unelected dictators who openly state they want to murder billions and reduce the world's population by 95%

 

untitled26.jpg.a63c549df2894c6eb5bf6172a49172c3.jpg

 

Jackman's popularity has gone into a nauseating nose dive as the wonderful working class people of the world recognise what he is doing and boycott his crappy movies and merchandise with insightful explanations

 

untitled25.jpg.3bd1ddda9fabdd1d83059678b6b4c48e.jpg

 

But the truth will always come out in the end and here is the truth, despite what jackman gates hollyweird and sunak say:

 

untitled24.jpg.82476c69c9f933773dc368d442d72e6b.jpg

 

Still unelected dictators never shut up, not when there are so many innocent people to murder and so much money to make, they will always force their expert point of view on you, with a wall full of certificates to prove their knowledge and expertise

 

untitled23.jpg.6287516f2f85fe3380c4f9bf8ea92541.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, jack121 said:

 

 

untitled24.jpg.82476c69c9f933773dc368d442d72e6b.jpg

 

 

 

Thanks, this is such an important graph, it all makes sense now why they use 1850 as the baseline for calculating their "global warming". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"In the shadow of Table Mountain, a story of ideological conflict is unfolding that could reshape the very fabric of South African society. As the Satori News Agency delves into the intricate web of ideas steering the nation's path, two ideologies stand out as particularly pernicious drivers of potential downfall: communism and decarbonisation."
https://www.satorinews.com/articles/2024-03-10/decoding-south-africas-existential-ideological-crisis-199158

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read a story about Salisbury, USA where they spent nearly 500 grand on sand for sea defences, and this was in the article 

 

" Climate change is forecast to bring more bad weather, such as hurricanes, to the north east of the United States as waters warm, some scientists say.

 

Worldwide, sea levels have risen faster since 1900, putting hundreds of millions of people at risk, the United Nations has said.

 

And erosion from the changing conditions jeopardises beaches the world over, according to European Union researchers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, this is definitely 'insane'...

 

Climate change: The 'insane' plan to save the Arctic's sea-ice

Quote

Perched on sea-ice off Canada's northern coast, parka-clad scientists watch saltwater pump out over the frozen ocean.

Their goal? To slow global warming.

As sea-ice vanishes, the dark ocean surface can absorb more of the Sun's energy, which accelerates warming. So the researchers want to thicken it to stop it melting away.

Welcome to the wackier side of geoengineering - deliberately intervening in the Earth's climate system to try to counteract the damage we have done to it.

Geoengineering includes more established efforts to lock up planet-warming gases, such as planting more trees and burying carbon underground.

But more experimental measures aim to go a step further, seeking to reduce the energy absorbed by the Earth.

Many scientists are strongly opposed, warning that such attempts distract from the critical step of cutting carbon emissions and risk doing more harm than good.

But a small number of advocates claim their approaches could give the planet a helping hand while humanity cleans up its act.

The ultimate goal of the Arctic experiment is to thicken enough sea-ice to slow or even reverse the melting already seen, says Dr Shaun Fitzgerald, whose team at the University of Cambridge's Centre for Climate Repair is behind the project.

Will it work or is it, as one scientist put it, "quite insane"?

"We don't actually know enough to determine whether this is a good idea or bad idea," admits Dr Fitzgerald.

from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68206309

 

It's a well established scientific fact that salt lowers the freezing point of water.

 

That's why people put down salt on pathways and patios to either melt ice or prevent it from forming.

 

While pumping gallons of salt water onto the surface of already-existing ice will indeed cause it to thicken and freeze, while surface temperatures are well below zero, what does anyone think will happen as the temperature warms and gets above freezing?

 

Quote

One issue is that the saltier ice may melt more quickly in the summer.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

MetDesk (who run WX Charts) are embracing AI.

 

"Artificial intelligence is coming to MetDesk...."

 

I doubt it will make their forecasts any more accurate! 🙄

 

The click-bait media churners rely on WX Charts for their '624 miles of bullshit' headlines.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2024 at 9:52 AM, Grumpy Owl said:

Yes, this is definitely 'insane'...

 

Climate change: The 'insane' plan to save the Arctic's sea-ice

from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68206309

 

It's a well established scientific fact that salt lowers the freezing point of water.

 

That's why people put down salt on pathways and patios to either melt ice or prevent it from forming.

 

While pumping gallons of salt water onto the surface of already-existing ice will indeed cause it to thicken and freeze, while surface temperatures are well below zero, what does anyone think will happen as the temperature warms and gets above freezing?

 

 

Why isn't there a "Duh!" emoji

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Greenpeace 'co-founder', Dr. Patrick Moore: 

"There is no definitive scientific proof that CO2 is responsible for any of the slight warming of the global climate that has occurred during the last 300 years."

"But there is certainty beyond a reasonable doubt that CO2 is the building block for all life on Earth, and that without its presence in the global atmosphere… this would be a dead planet."

 

https://twitter.com/wideawake_media/status/1774769567698424257?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1774769567698424257|twgr^87992839c961fd759d40d2b7952892066d12805c|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdavidicke.com%2F2024%2F04%2F02%2Fcommon-sense-isnt-common-but-heres-some%2F

 

He's said this before:

 

https://www.thecable.ng/fact-check-yes-co2-warms-the-planet-and-influences-climate-change

 

Greenpeace has criticized Moore, calling him "a paid spokesman for the nuclear industry, the logging industry, and genetic engineering industry" who "exploits long-gone ties with Greenpeace to sell himself as a speaker and pro-corporate spokesperson"

 

Moore describes himself as a founding member of Greenpeace, but the organization denies this claim.

 

Edited by Grumpy Grapes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...