Jump to content

Climate change low content


SimonTV
 Share

Recommended Posts

BBC fails to answer the question at hand...

 

Isn't December always chilly?

Quote

Temperatures in the UK were about average for December until Tuesday - with daytime highs between 8C (46F) in southern England and 5C (41F) in Scotland - but they have now dropped substantially.

From: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63893192

 

The correct answer is of course "yes".

 

Quote

The UK is in the grip of a spell of severe cold weather, with snow and ice warnings in place in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the east coast of England.

Forecasters think we're likely to be experiencing icy temperatures until at least early next week and maybe beyond that, but what's causing the cold snap and should we be surprised?

 

"Experts predict the cold conditions may continue until Spring" 🤪

 

What's causing the 'cold snap'? Umm, something to do with it being WINTER in the northern hemisphere.

 

"Should we be surprised?" - NO because this happens EVERY YEAR at the same time EVERY YEAR.

 

It's called WINTER!

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a coincidence.

Just when we have been urged to cut-back on energy consumption and ration our heating, due to exorbitant costs, we have the coldest December in a decade.

Although the snow is deep and looks beautiful, outside it’s like a frozen wasteland, with the mercury set to dip to -10C to -12C on Sunday night.

BBC Scotland Weather reporter Kirsteen Macdonald said:

"Cold weather isn't at all unusual for the time of year, but, given that we experienced a record-breaking mild November, this continued cold spell may come as a shock to people, at a time of great worry regarding energy bills and the cost of living crisis."

Like I said, the timing couldn’t have been worse and this winter could spell more misery for many. It’s almost as if they can control the weather….

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

BBC fails to answer the question at hand...

 

Isn't December always chilly?

From: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63893192

 

The correct answer is of course "yes".

 

 

"Experts predict the cold conditions may continue until Spring" 🤪

 

What's causing the 'cold snap'? Umm, something to do with it being WINTER in the northern hemisphere.

 

"Should we be surprised?" - NO because this happens EVERY YEAR at the same time EVERY YEAR.

 

It's called WINTER!

 

 

 

 

Damn. I thought we've done with fucking winters. 🥶

Sometimes you need to anger people in environmental protests – Greta  Thunberg | Evening Standard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, masonfreeparty2 said:

when the Thames starts freezing up is the time to worry which is possible this winter if the Tonga eruption does its business

 

https://transitionnetwork.org/news/of-climates-past-1963-the-last-time-the-river-thames-froze/?fbclid=IwAR1iQ6msAaXIcg-KfXi4HmOpU2aGdFQgiLsQ8W8v6xQHIJ_oO9CJyrqNEhg

 

Bing bong, exploding northern hemisphere Volcano service, where would you like me to put it.

 

Hawaii's Mauna Loa eruption: Stunning video shows lava spewing into air

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hawaii-mauna-loa-eruption-stunning-video-shows-lava-spewing-air

 

fnmlhe.jpg.ce4c6c16019c8493c5ff8cc3cb772473.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Velma said:

What a coincidence.

 

Just when we have been urged to cut-back on energy consumption and ration our heating, due to exorbitant costs, we have the coldest December in a decade.

 

Although the snow is deep and looks beautiful, outside it’s like a frozen wasteland, with the mercury set to dip to -10C to -12C on Sunday night.

 

BBC Scotland Weather reporter Kirsteen Macdonald said:

 

"Cold weather isn't at all unusual for the time of year, but, given that we experienced a record-breaking mild November, this continued cold spell may come as a shock to people, at a time of great worry regarding energy bills and the cost of living crisis."

 

Like I said, the timing couldn’t have been worse and this winter could spell more misery for many. It’s almost as if they can control the weather….

 

 

 

no they cant control the weather but the masons know about sun cycles and volcanoes so its quite easy to predict when the climate starts getting cold again..like now

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2022 at 9:14 PM, masonfreeparty2 said:

no they cant control the weather

 

You had better tell the UN then......

 

https://www.weatherengineering.com/

 

 

Weather Engineering, Weather Control, Climate Engineering or Geoengineering is the deliberate manipulation or alteration of the environment for the purpose of changing the weather. In 1977 the Environmental Modification Convention (ENMOD) was signed, which prohibits such influence for military or negative purposes. However, this convention has been signed by only 73 countries in 2007, although all the major powers have signed it.  

 

Weather manipulation is the act of altering the environment to produce changes in the weather. It aims to prevent extreme weather and natural phenomena such as hurricanes or tornadoes; to produce weather for the benefit of humans, such as rainfall in a drought area; and to provoke a natural disaster against an enemy or rival for tactical, military and economic warfare strategies such as Operation Popeye, where clouds were seeded to prolong the monsoon in Vietnam. Weather modification in warfare has been banned by the United Nations under the Environmental Modification Convention.

 

The targeted influencing of weather serves to create locally desired weather conditions or to ward off harmful weather or weather influences on people or on valuable facilities. For influences that are expressed more or less unintentionally as a product of human activity according to natural law, see climate change.

 

Edited by Velma
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine if your power mad politicians liked Covid Lockdowns so much, they wanted to continue them indefinitely. This is going to be trialled in Oxfordshire in Britain.

Oxfordshire County Council Pass Climate Lockdown ‘trial’ to Begin in 2024.

 

Oxfordshire County Council yesterday approved plans to lock residents into one of six zones to ‘save the planet’ from global warming. The latest stage in the ’15 minute city’ agenda is to place electronic gates on key roads in and out of the city, confining residents to their own neighbourhoods.

 

Under the new scheme if residents want to leave their zone they will need permission from the Council who gets to decide who is worthy of freedom and who isn’t. Under the new scheme residents will be allowed to leave their zone a maximum of 100 days per year, but in order to even gain this every resident will have to register their car details with the council who will then track their movements via smart cameras round the city.

 

Communism will make the weather better

 

Oxfordshire County Council, which is run by Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Green Party, secretly decided to divide-up the city of Oxford into six ‘15 minute’ districts in 2021 soon after they were elected to office. None of the councillors declared their intention of imprisoning local residents in their manifestos of course, preferring to make vague claims about how they will ‘improve the environment’ instead.

 

Every resident will be required to register their car with the County Council who will then monitor how many times they leave their district via number plate recognition cameras. And don’t think you can beat the system if you’re a two car household. Those two cars will be counted as one meaning you will have to divide up the journeys between yourselves. 2 cars 50 journeys each; 3 cars 33 journeys each and so on.

 

 

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/12/05/oxford-county-councillors-to-introduce-trial-climate-lockdown-in-2024/

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2021 at 9:19 AM, Velma said:

The Queen said she takes "great pride" in how her "dear late husband" Prince Philip promoted environmental issues.

 

In her address, the Queen recalled how the "impact of the environment on human progress was a subject close to the heart" of the Duke of Edinburgh.

 

The Queen said: "It is a source of great pride to me that the leading role my husband played in encouraging people to protect our fragile planet, lives on through the work of our eldest son Charles and his eldest son William.

 

"I could not be more proud of them.

 

 

Hypocracy knows no bounds for Royalty.

 

_121308234_sun-nc.png

And why is Kate Middleton always hysterical?

Syme says change the 'N' in green and insert  'K' and we'll have Phil The Greek. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts possibly a Trojan Horse  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The below is reproduced from an email newsletter I received today from UKIP:

 

According to 
https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/uk/winter/winter-history the last two decades have been unpredictable during winter.
 
2000/1 Late December 4” snow in Glasgow and 8” in Belfast. January & February 12 to 24” of snow around the country.

2001/2 Virtually no snow at all.

2002/3 No snow in December. Some snow across the country in January and February.  -15C with wind-chill in February.

2003/4 Snow in October and late December.  Countrywide blizzard in late January. 10” snow in SW England and Wales in mid-March.

2004/5 Midlands snow mid-November. White Christmas in north and west. Well below average snow February & March.

2005/6 Snow in SW England 25th November and in Midlands and northwest on 28th November. Heavy snow on 12th March in the west. Further snow in April.

2006/8 Virtually devoid of snow both winters.

2008/9 Coldest winter since 1995/6.

2009/10 Temperatures 2 to 3C below average. Coldest winter since 1978.

2010/11 Temperature 5C below normal for 100 years. Snow through December and Christmas countrywide.

2011/12 Some snow late October. Snow in north mid-December. Heavy snow across country in March. Localised snowfall in May.

2012/13 Long snowy winter starting in late October. Generally colder than average well into June.

2013/14 Wet with flooding. No snow except in Scottish Highlands.

2014/15 Little snow. Midlands and northern England wet snow on Christmas day.

2015/16 Mild and wet. Brief snowfalls in southeast in November and December. Snow also January through to April.

2016/17 Mild with relatively light snow in January.

2017/18 Cold and snowy December over most of the country. West country has 8-12” of snow in February.

2018/19 Mild and relatively snow free.

2019/20 Another mild winter. Some snowfalls on high ground November through to January in various parts of the country.

2020/21 Cold and snowy all winter. Minimum temperature -23C at Braemar 11 February. Lowest in UK since 1995.

2021/22 A mild winter again.

2022/23 Cold snap at -10C mid-December. Satellite images of northern hemisphere show highest snow cover for decades.  Looks like being a cold one.

Is this Global Warming or Climate Change? 
 
Unfortunately, the UK Meteorological Office doesn’t comprehend the difference between climate and weather.  Even though as island nations our weather has high variability, which is why we are always talking about it, there is no trend towards warming and even some really deep snowfalls and low temperature events that haven’t been witnessed for 100 years. This is just typical UK weather.
 
Antony Nailer
UK Independence Party - Spokesman for the Environment

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my lifetime, December 2010 is probably the coldest winter I can vividly remember.

 

Around mid-December, about a week and half before Christmas, we had a load of snow, and then after that, temperatures barely went above freezing for the next three weeks. Even in Birmingham, we had overnight lows of minus 12 to 17 degrees C.

 

Pavements were difficult to walk on, as the snow refused to thaw and just became compacted as people walked on them.

 

I was living at the time in a flat which had no central heating, and a draughty window in my bedroom - it was UPVC double-glazed but part of the mechanism was bent so the top section didn't close fully, there was a visible gap, which I tried sealing with a bit of cloth stuffed in.

 

There was a gas fire in the living room and in the bedroom. The flat had coin-operated gas and electricity meters, so I had to keep a supply of pound coins handy to keep them topped up. I'd get home from work, and the indoor thermometer I had bought was registering 12 degrees C inside. I bought a convector heater with a 24hr timer, so I could at least programme it to come on just before I got home from work, and before I got up in the morning.

 

It was that cold, one Saturday morning I woke up to find a load of police cordon tape between our house and the next-door neighbours, it turned out that someone had collapsed in the street and died on the pavement.

 

At work, we had huge dangerous icicles hanging from the roof of our building, right over the side entrance - it was a bit nerve-wracking going outside for a smoke!

 

I went to spend Christmas at my parents, and slept in their extension, while it was minus 10 outside, the extension didn't have central heating either, just an oil-filled electric radiator.

 

December 2010, THAT was a fucking cold winter, and this one doesn't compare in the slightest. I was relatively poor at the time, and I survived.

 

Maybe that's why I'm not so bothered by the cold weather now, okay I don't particularly like it admittedly, but compared to past experiences, December 2022 is nothing.

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2022 at 9:32 AM, Velma said:

 

You had better tell the UN then......

 

https://www.weatherengineering.com/

 

 

Weather Engineering, Weather Control, Climate Engineering or Geoengineering is the deliberate manipulation or alteration of the environment for the purpose of changing the weather. In 1977 the Environmental Modification Convention (ENMOD) was signed, which prohibits such influence for military or negative purposes. However, this convention has been signed by only 73 countries in 2007, although all the major powers have signed it.  

 

Weather manipulation is the act of altering the environment to produce changes in the weather. It aims to prevent extreme weather and natural phenomena such as hurricanes or tornadoes; to produce weather for the benefit of humans, such as rainfall in a drought area; and to provoke a natural disaster against an enemy or rival for tactical, military and economic warfare strategies such as Operation Popeye, where clouds were seeded to prolong the monsoon in Vietnam. Weather modification in warfare has been banned by the United Nations under the Environmental Modification Convention.

 

The targeted influencing of weather serves to create locally desired weather conditions or to ward off harmful weather or weather influences on people or on valuable facilities. For influences that are expressed more or less unintentionally as a product of human activity according to natural law, see climate change.

 

maybe i should have said they cant control the 'climate'..yes they can affect the weather for short durations like seed clouds like they did at lynmouth in the 50's but there is no  way they can stop a grand solar minimum 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2022 at 8:18 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

In my lifetime, December 2010 is probably the coldest winter I can vividly remember.

 

Around mid-December, about a week and half before Christmas, we had a load of snow, and then after that, temperatures barely went above freezing for the next three weeks. Even in Birmingham, we had overnight lows of minus 12 to 17 degrees C.

 

Pavements were difficult to walk on, as the snow refused to thaw and just became compacted as people walked on them.

 

I was living at the time in a flat which had no central heating, and a draughty window in my bedroom - it was UPVC double-glazed but part of the mechanism was bent so the top section didn't close fully, there was a visible gap, which I tried sealing with a bit of cloth stuffed in.

 

There was a gas fire in the living room and in the bedroom. The flat had coin-operated gas and electricity meters, so I had to keep a supply of pound coins handy to keep them topped up. I'd get home from work, and the indoor thermometer I had bought was registering 12 degrees C inside. I bought a convector heater with a 24hr timer, so I could at least programme it to come on just before I got home from work, and before I got up in the morning.

 

It was that cold, one Saturday morning I woke up to find a load of police cordon tape between our house and the next-door neighbours, it turned out that someone had collapsed in the street and died on the pavement.

 

At work, we had huge dangerous icicles hanging from the roof of our building, right over the side entrance - it was a bit nerve-wracking going outside for a smoke!

 

I went to spend Christmas at my parents, and slept in their extension, while it was minus 10 outside, the extension didn't have central heating either, just an oil-filled electric radiator.

 

December 2010, THAT was a fucking cold winter, and this one doesn't compare in the slightest. I was relatively poor at the time, and I survived.

 

Maybe that's why I'm not so bothered by the cold weather now, okay I don't particularly like it admittedly, but compared to past experiences, December 2022 is nothing.

 

 

 

 

It’s easy to forget, living in Cornwall, how cold it can get elsewhere. It’s been cold for where I am at the moment for a few days but I still have rocket and lettuce doing well outside. All my other veg doing well.

I don’t envy you Grumpy. My old body doesn’t do cold as well as it used to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...