Blood Transfusion and the Vaccine

MoonPhase

When requiring a blood transfusion either through a medical condition, injury or surgery the chances are the blood will come from a good intentioned person who has been vaccinated against Covid. How do people feel about this? I don't suppose it would be logged with each blood donation so you'd not be able to differentiate between vaxxed blood or otherwise.

Does anyone know of a letter template to address such a situation pre-surgery?

Thanks

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, MoonPhase said:

When requiring a blood transfusion either through a medical condition, injury or surgery the chances are the blood will come from a good intentioned person who has been vaccinated against Covid. How do people feel about this? I don't suppose it would be logged with each blood donation so you'd not be able to differentiate between vaxxed blood or otherwise.

Does anyone know of a letter template to address such a situation pre-surgery?

Thanks

Yes, this is a good point. It has been on my mind a lot too. If this MRNA shit is what I think it is, then it's almost a certainty that blood from a vaccinated person might pass on certain elements of the vaccine, although how much I don't know. 

I don't know of any template letters but I do know that Jehovah's Witnesses are (in principal) against blood transfusions because they believe the blood is sacred. However, I also know that there have been many cases of the medical profession going against the wishes of Jehovah's Witnesses and carrying out transfusions on people who opposes them on religious grounds anyway. Their reason is that withholding the transfusion violates part of the Hippocratic Oath, although history has shown they have no problem in entirely disregarding their oath when it suits them to do so.

The only things I can think of at this point are that you write out your own letter and have your GP add it to your medical file, stating your preference, but they will in all likelihood ignore it anyway.

Another option, and the one I will be taking, is to avoid going in to hospital again, ever. This approach is not for the faint of heart. Basically if I feel I need medical attention, I will not be going into a hospital, if I can help it.

I simply do not trust the medical profession. This is long-standing for me, though the events of the last 18 months have cemented my views.

Yes, I've thought about breaking all connections with the so called Health Service but for me it would be a massive risk due to a recurring type of cancer I've had for the past 13 years. All surgery up until now has never required a transfusion but there's always a first time which is what got me thinking.

I'm sure I read somewhere a few months ago that the Red Cross, possibly in Israel, was refusing blood donations from the vaccinated.