What kind of Christian are you?

31 minutes ago, Campion said:

I think they might be Pentecostal churches mostly, tho you can also find most of that singing, dancing, healing, speaking in tongues etc in other churches too like the charismatic evangelicals. One of my local churches is like that. Charismatics aren't limited to any particular denomination imo it depends on the what the minister and congregation want. 

Yes thank you this is what I'm looking for. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr H said:

@Campion do you happen to know what they get up to at spiritualist churchs?

I don't think I can be much help as I've only been to a spiritualist church once, in about 1980 and it's probably changed since then! 

But for what it's worth I attended a meeting in Birmingham, it was like a lovely quaint little nonconformist chapel (including a hand-pumped organ) and it started with a short Christian service with the usual hymns and prayers (but not communion), followed with a medium standing up at the front and she gave everyone a short reading. Some had a spirit message, and I got a prediction covering the next few months, though it didn't come true. I've no problem with them but it wasn't my thing and as a teenager I was by far the youngest one there. Very different from a Pentecostal/Charismatic church though. Thanks for triggering the memory it takes me back  🙂 

I have been to some spiritualist type meetings since then with mediums and clairvoyants etc without the church service bit. I'm not too sure what to make of them, some seem genuine but others seem more like showmen up on stage. 

What's your interest if you don't mind me asking, are you looking for a church to join or wanting to gain some more experiences? 

Edited by Campion
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Campion said:

I don't think I can be much help as I've only been to a spiritualist church once, in about 1980 and it's probably changed since then! 

But for what it's worth I attended a meeting in Birmingham, it was like a lovely quaint little nonconformist chapel (including a hand-pumped organ) and it started with a short Christian service with the usual hymns and prayers (but not communion), followed with a medium standing up at the front and she gave everyone a short reading. Some had a spirit message, and I got a prediction covering the next few months, though it didn't come true. I've no problem with them but it wasn't my thing and as a teenager I was by far the youngest one there. Very different from a Pentecostal/Charismatic church though. Thanks for triggering the memory it takes me back  🙂 

I have been to some spiritualist type meetings since then with mediums and clairvoyants etc without the church service bit. I'm not too sure what to make of them, some seem genuine but others seem more like showmen up on stage. 

What's your interest if you don't mind me asking, are you looking for a church to join or wanting to gain some more experiences? 

Yeah I'm looking for a church to join. But the type I'm after is with a great teacher, and from what you say, who is charismatic style....

Just because, I really enjoy spending time with Christians, and the more esoteric denominations resonate with me. Where as the more traditional ones absolutely do not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr H said:

Yeah I'm looking for a church to join. But the type I'm after is with a great teacher, and from what you say, who is charismatic style....

Just because, I really enjoy spending time with Christians, and the more esoteric denominations resonate with me. Where as the more traditional ones absolutely do not.

I attended various evangelical churches when a youngster and people were often in a blissful sometimes almost ecstatic state with breaking out of speaking in tongues,dancing  and apparently healing or people falling backwards having their sins or bad experiences   washed away etc . perhaps  reminded me slightly  of  tribal type thing in a way or perhaps energy generation 

I got image of white or silver light sometimes ,was moving experience .

Edited by Talorgan
  • Thanks 2

I check in now and then to see what Michael Mirdad is expressing. I don't "resonate" with everything he's saying usually, sometimes he says something and I just say "bullshit you didn't need to go there", but, it's "not all about me" either, and it may have been useful to someone else. The general message is what counts anyways.

He has accepted the message from "A Course in Miracles", and that is his frame of reference. There are similar groupings of people locally in some places.

Basically Jesus said: "...anytime 2 or more gather in and with The Spirit, I Am there..."(I Am The Truth--GOD IS LOVE--GOD IS SPIRIT--I Am One with THE ONE) meaning "church" can be anywhere, anytime between "kindred spirits". 

Edited by novymir

• 1 month later...