Guidance?

Claire

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, the straw that broke the camel's back happened today for me. I called employee health at my work and told them I can no longer wear a mask due to issues I listed off to them...they said it would not be acceptable unless it was validated by a primary care physician. I have no doubt I could get that done but it is frustrating as now I have to do that? Does not feel right as I should have the right to make that decision and not wear it...anyone have any comments or suggestions as to the matter? Also I do not have a PCP so I have to go find one...

Edited by Claire
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Claire said:

Hey everyone, the straw that broke the camel's back happened today for me. I called employee health at my work and told them I can no longer wear a mask due to issues I listed off to them...they said it would not be acceptable unless it was validated by a primary care physician. I have no doubt I could get that done but it is frustrating as now I have to do that? Does not feel right as I should have the right to make that decision and not wear it...anyone have any comments or suggestions as to the matter? Also I do not have a PCP so I have to go find one...

Hi Claire,

If i may intrude....

The only advice i personally could ever give to someone facing these expected problems especially Job related, is to be aware VERY aware that everything and anything is pretty much being controlled by Tyranny and Fascism, therefore the hopes we once may have had a Long time ago are currently ''paused''.

The point im making here is that its best for anyone facing a situation like that to immediately consider and seriously look for a Job/work that does not or are not likely to demand such rules.

I have my own experience when it comes to ''having a supposed career in something'' and because i did not feel happy with it due to all the ever increasing politics within and all the rest, i made many difficult decisions in order to get out of it and feel better about myself, but there's always a price we have to pay for in order to achieve such.

Career in electronics, career in manufacturing related jobs, there is quite a list. But as i am also a musician i ended up chosing happiness and by happiness i mean jumping into cleaning work on part time basis in which most of it was a variety of Two to Three part times, and by myself pretty much all the time, no one looking over my shoulder, no one to get criticized for not complying with the nonsense of what we are all facing.

Just my input on the subject.....i hope you win that battle. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Simple Actions said:

Hi Claire,

If i may intrude....

The only advice i personally could ever give to someone facing these expected problems especially Job related, is to be aware VERY aware that everything and anything is pretty much being controlled by Tyranny and Fascism, therefore the hopes we once may have had a Long time ago are currently ''paused''.

The point im making here is that its best for anyone facing a situation like that to immediately consider and seriously look for a Job/work that does not or are not likely to demand such rules.

I have my own experience when it comes to ''having a supposed career in something'' and because i did not feel happy with it due to all the ever increasing politics within and all the rest, i made many difficult decisions in order to get out of it and feel better about myself, but there's always a price we have to pay for in order to achieve such.

Career in electronics, career in manufacturing related jobs, there is quite a list. But as i am also a musician i ended up chosing happiness and by happiness i mean jumping into cleaning work on part time basis in which most of it was a variety of Two to Three part times, and by myself pretty much all the time, no one looking over my shoulder, no one to get criticized for not complying with the nonsense of what we are all facing.

Just my input on the subject.....i hope you win that battle. 

Thank you for your input!

I am already considering the fact that I may just have to work else where. Hopefully, my manager will be considerate and relate to the facts...I feel as though she feels as I do...but it's probably out of her hands and I cannot stress how many mask enforcers there are at my work..its ridiculous...

• Like 1

It's a gut wrenching feeling knowing that every week I have to suffer through just cause that is the companies mandates/rules/policy...its hurting me physically and emotionally and the camels back snapped ..no turning back now!

• Like 1

Update: I've learned that most Urgent care clinics cannot grant mask exemptions even if its causing ill health. They simply will treat the symptoms. I'm disgusted...thus far no meaningful help..what a damn shame!

Yes Claire....its a struggle indeed.

And even more of a struggle when we can clearly see some of the management aware of what is right and wrong and they still keep on supporting it further in order to keep hold of their Job position in order to keep their daily ''luxury car'' and other things......instead of putting their foot down like a proper Man/Woman and take some action.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Basket Case said:

@Mitochondrial Eve

@ink

I'm being flakey.. 

I cannot find Eve's posts on suggested actions / tools in fighting these issues.. 

Help  :0)

BC 

Gosh, I could really use any help! At this point I'm frustrated because every place I've called says they cannot help assist me with this issue..I mean how the hell can I continue to work with declining respiratory health because of their atrocious rules! Anyhow, sorry I'm ranting ..its just been an issue that's been compounding for months..I cant take it anymore..

5 minutes ago, Claire said:

Update: I've learned that most Urgent care clinics cannot grant mask exemptions even if its causing ill health. They simply will treat the symptoms. I'm disgusted...thus far no meaningful help..what a damn shame!

Interesting that the Gov still have on their website a way to help provide Mask exemptions, via a template image for a mobile phone etc etc.....

This is another reason for the confusion and misleading info towards people about the ''Can do, cannot do, must do and must not do......''

Look at this link straight on the Gov website and scrol down a bit and you'll find it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

I've realised that the places my insurence covers as far as I know have turned me away..and refused to offer the assistance I need. The places that do not take my insurence seem to be willing to see me and help but they cost a TON$. I'm caught in a fiddle stick mess..

1 minute ago, Simple Actions said:

Interesting that the Gov still have on their website a way to help provide Mask exemptions, via a template image for a mobile phone etc etc.....

This is another reason for the confusion and misleading info towards people about the ''Can do, cannot do, must do and must not do......''

Look at this link straight on the Gov website and scrol down a bit and you'll find it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

I live in the U.S.A. I see your link is for the UK...but I will look to see what you mention

Just now, Simple Actions said:

Oh im so sorry!!!! lol

Im really sorry i somehow presumed you were in UK!

That is ok, I think I dont need a PCP for a medical exemption and employee health must of sent me on a wild goose chase. I will have to look at the legal aspect I guess too. 

4 minutes ago, Simple Actions said:

Oh im so sorry!!!! lol

Im really sorry i somehow presumed you were in UK!

All I can think is at least you all are having incredible protests...I dont know of a single one going on in my country...

3 minutes ago, Claire said:

All I can think is at least you all are having incredible protests...I dont know of a single one going on in my country...

I believe it may also be because of the absolute huge difference in Country size compared to UK in itself.....meaning the more concentrated areas like here, the more of a chance to gather like-minded people......maybe?

But the scale of rules differs a lot between UK and USA..

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Claire said:

That is ok, I think I dont need a PCP for a medical exemption and employee health must of sent me on a wild goose chase. I will have to look at the legal aspect I guess too. 

The only thing i could find related to this matter of mask exemption from US.GOV is this link:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/masks/mask-travel-guidance.html

And the only part of it that mentions the ''exemption'' is always connected to ''disability''..

Edited by Simple Actions

19 minutes ago, Simple Actions said:

The only thing i could find related to this matter of mask exemption from US.GOV is this link:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/masks/mask-travel-guidance.html

And the only part of it that mentions the ''exemption'' is always connected to ''disability''..

.....and this one too

This is as far as i could go in relation the US rules...

https://lanecounty.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_3585797/File/Government/County Departments/Health and Human Services/Community Health Centers/What an Mask Exemption Letter Is and Isn't.pdf

1 hour ago, Simple Actions said:

I'm glade I dont live in lane county of what ever state that is...but I'm sure it's a cookie cutter handout on rules and expectation...honestly reading it offered very little comfort in terms of a solution to better health..it seemingly disregards genuine health risks and concerns with its advisory on coping mechanisms in dealing with the harm caused...

59 minutes ago, Claire said:

I'm glade I dont live in lane county of what ever state that is...but I'm sure it's a cookie cutter handout on rules and expectation...honestly reading it offered very little comfort in terms of a solution to better health..it seemingly disregards genuine health risks and concerns with its advisory on coping mechanisms in dealing with the harm caused...

Exactly.

We are the ones who can change things for ourselves and use our own initiative to make things better.

We cannot rely on anything or anyone else to a vast extent.

The establishment made people get used to dependency for so long to the point that now its easy for them to simply force us to not be independent but there are still some ways to avoid it.

Sometimes it means losing "friends" and even family members in order to do what is right for ourselves.

15 hours ago, Claire said:

I understand that here in Belgium there is NO acceptable reason for not wearing a mask ZERO exceptions. As an alternative you MAY get permission from someone to wear a fucking visor instead! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Simple Actions said:

Exactly.

We are the ones who can change things for ourselves and use our own initiative to make things better.

We cannot rely on anything or anyone else to a vast extent.

The establishment made people get used to dependency for so long to the point that now its easy for them to simply force us to not be independent but there are still some ways to avoid it.

Sometimes it means losing "friends" and even family members in order to do what is right for ourselves.

Unfortunately, and it is scary..most of my family will not accept anything else besides what they hear on mainstream news...even though as time has gone on certain things are coming on...anyhow, I felt anxiety pretty much all day the other day ..july is always a problematic or challenging month for me...

2 hours ago, Mikheil said:

I understand that here in Belgium there is NO acceptable reason for not wearing a mask ZERO exceptions. As an alternative you MAY get permission from someone to wear a fucking visor instead! 

I was thinking about that...but I really trying to avoid creating an environment rich for bacterial growth so close to my face..humid places created by visors on the inside do just that....I just want to not be forced to have bad health and conduct improper use of PPE just to make $...

11 minutes ago, Claire said:

I was thinking about that...but I really trying to avoid creating an environment rich for bacterial growth so close to my face..humid places created by visors on the inside do just that....I just want to not be forced to have bad health and conduct improper use of PPE just to make $...

I don't know of your personal circumstances in detail obviously and what is likely possible for you to do, but what i can say is that a considerable change in your life needs to take place. Please don't take what i said as a done deal or the only solution for your situation, but please consider the idea.

Because so far as i can gather from your comments especially about familly, is that you are almost stuck in a prison with invisible metal bars..

The solutions for problems like those are usually solved by making the decisions we never thought we would..

A great deal of courage, focus and being organised in calculating everything before hand of course, is key.

8 hours ago, Claire said:

I know, I just stay in own garden. Just SEEZING these fucking morons killing themselves in their muzzles makes me wanto beat them to an unrecognizable pulp! I will never wear one of those face diapers.