Jump to content

Moon landings


peter

Recommended Posts

On 10/20/2022 at 3:52 PM, legion said:

I believe that the Moon is very much there.. Solid, doing it's thing, minding it's own business. 

Humans have almost definitely landed autonomous vehicles on the surface and very possibly brought some materials back to Earth. 

I believe the 1969 onwards 'manned missions' were impossible to achieve and were obviously faked. 

 

The Moon is an enigma of epic proportions. 

 

One of the biggest moons / satellites of any planet.. big enough to be a planet in it's own right... Proportion wise. The biggest satellite compared to the planet it orbits in the observable Universe. 

 

Tidally locked, showing only one face to Earth dwellers. 

 

And to top it off... The PERFECT size and DISTANCE to cause immaculate Eclipses of the local Star. Nothing like it in the observable Universe. 

 

Legend has it, when observing a total eclipse... don't look up at the Eclipse. Look around you at the 'people' who are visiting to witness such an event. Beings fly in from all around the Universe as Tourists. Having booked transport years in advance to avoid the rush and to avoid the disappointment of missing such a rare natural phenomenon. 

 

Sol 33 - Rock 3 Eclipse -

No. 1 Universal Tourist Attraction. 

 

 

The only thing miraculous about the moon's size, distance relative to Earth and Sun for eclipses and stuff, is that Mankind gets to witness it, the whole thing is nothing more than celestial mechanics at work, given the enormity of existence, that is pretty much beyond our limited comprehension at this stage of development is more than likely to be common place and rather dull from repetition, but everyone overlooks the real Miracle of observation by us, the Earth stupids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, webtrekker said:

 

Exactly. Too hot? Then go at night! 😉

 

 

 

 

It is a serious question, i mean where did the notion arise from that the Moon is something to shoot for, why not the Sun that has been worshiped since the thing switched on, where did the notion come from that the Sun is too hot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, sock muppet said:

 

It is a serious question, i mean where did the notion arise from that the Moon is something to shoot for, why not the Sun that has been worshiped since the thing switched on, where did the notion come from that the Sun is too hot?

 

Serious answer: maybe distance plays a large part in the decision.

 

The Sun is much further away, by a factor of approx 372. Also, the Moon seems to me to be a more obvious target to start with.

 

 

 

Edited by webtrekker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, webtrekker said:

 

Serious answer: maybe distance plays a large part in the decision.

 

The Sun is much further away, by a factor of approx 372. Also, the Moon seems to me to be a more obvious target to start with.

 

 

 

 

Ok, so was there ever a time when it was tested to be true that the Sun is, far too hot and too far to reach?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, sock muppet said:

 

Ok, so was there ever a time when it was tested to be true that the Sun is, far too hot and too far to reach?

Who built the moon by Christopher Knight and Alan Butler is worth checking out ,also NazA and others keep hitting it and apparently it  rings like a bell has some kind of shock absorbers

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Talorgan said:

Who built the moon by Christopher Knight and Alan Butler is worth checking out ,also NazA and others keep hitting it and apparently it  rings like a bell has some kind of shock absorbers

 

Moonfall is also a good movie, a bit dull to start but picks up towards the end so worth watching without falling asleep, :classic_rolleyes:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sock muppet said:

 

Ok, so was there ever a time when it was tested to be true that the Sun is, far too hot and too far to reach?

 

I never said either of those things. I said visiting the Moon was preferable at the start because it was nearer.

 

Further to that check out the Parker Solar Probe.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, webtrekker said:

 

I never said either of those things. I said visiting the Moon was preferable at the start because it was nearer.

 

Further to that check out the Parker Solar Probe.

 

 

 

I'm not being antagonistic, it's just a genuine question as i am searching the old grey mush to try and find an instance where the Moon is preferred over the Sun, other than the tale of Icarus?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, sock muppet said:

 

I'm not being antagonistic, it's just a genuine question as i am searching the old grey mush to try and find an instance where the Moon is preferred over the Sun, other than the tale of Icarus?

 

Ok mate, apologies if I came over that way.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, alexa said:

 

Lets be fair, it was nearly 11 pages ago, and the article was unreadable from your pictures.

Fair call but I believe it is available on the net and the fact  that it fell squarely on the naysayers side  I thought someone from your camp would have jumped on it, it's not very often I offer up free amunition

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/28/2022 at 9:37 PM, sickofallthebollocks said:

mnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

when it suit you it's the truth in the art(music) and when it doesn't suit you 

it's the satanic music industry (where every move,blink,sign,outfit is satanic)

despite the fact that those moronic celeberties are brain dead from the start(most of them anyway)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...