Why the extreme hostility from anti flat earthers?

Jikwan

Seems like the more light there is the clearer the mirage image

Not much light    not much or no mirage possible.?

That mountain shot was done at dusk i believe

5 minutes ago, Jikwan said:

mirage is a naturally occurring optical phenomenon in which light rays bend via refraction to produce a displaced image of distant objects or the sky.

is this what you mean?

Yes.
This effect is not only with 'mirages'..

1 minute ago, Jikwan said:

Not much light    not much or no mirage possible.?

That mountain shot was done at dusk i believe

lt's not the 'amount of light'...
lt's the behaviour - direction of light for any given temperature / density / humidity.

3 hours ago, Jikwan said:

You know theres something big in these controversies. You intuitively know but dont see it yet. Youre open. Its just got to be presented to you in the right way. It takes time.....this one. Heavy conditioning since birth

Constant repetition of same deception

Why do you assume that I intuitively know there is something wrong with the present theory, another baseless assumption on your side of the debate, not only are you a flat earth proponent but your a bloody psychic now as well. ( typical FE debating style I'm sure you have read the original  thread)

With your picture I was going to mention mirage, temperature, particulate matter density, humidity, light refraction etc etc but then I thought no just mention the blatantly obvious problem because this will just go round and round and round and then it starts( tangents are a brilliant thing when you wish to muddy the waters), as I said in my original post you need to be able to tell the difference between hostility and frustration.

When you have your testable theory or at the very least a working hypothesis come and see me ,till then I'm done and you may assume anything you want to and I'm sure you will

Edited by peter
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 4:32 PM, Jikwan said:

I will kick off with.....

The longest line of sight on earth photographed is 443 km (275 miles), achieved by Mark Bret Gumá (Spain), from Pic de Finestrelles, Spain, to Pic Gaspard, France, on 13 July 2016.

The photograph was taken using a Panasonic Lumix FZ72, following lengthy preparations in selecting the optimal date and location. The image was captured when the sun was rising behind Tête de Chabrières and Puy de la Sèche, to help increase the visibility of this peaks on the horizon.

The picture was taken from Pic de Finestrelles, in the Pyrenees mountains. Pic Gaspard, of the Alps, can be seen in the centre of the photo, 443 km away.

There are very few places on earth where it is possible to extend the line of sight so far. Due to the curvature of earth, both the observer and object must be at sufficiently high altitudes for the object to be visible at long range. The higher an observer is, the further they may see before the point where the earth curves out of sight, otherwise known as the horizon. If the earth had a uniform radius with no mountains and valleys, an individual six feet in height would view the horizon to be 5 km away from them.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/66661-longest-line-of-sight-on-earth

Can someone explain this.?

Im seriously disappointed this not discussed very much.

I am sure that is because most people fear the conflict of opinions.

I am 100% sure This Place We Are walking on is not like what they show or have showned in ''pictures'' since 1958 or there abouts. Nor any other NASA obvious CGI images.. 

This is still a very sensitive subject to most Humans even nowadays.....keeping in mind the fact that the more the years pass by the more distractions are Throwned into the masses's brains...making them even increasingly less capable or self awareness of their own surroundings, let alone stepping out of the bubble wrap and even entertain the thought of questioning the Earth's ''narrative''.

I still remember vividly when i was back in the army 1997-2001, i learned a few things despite the fact i did not wanted to join the army whatsoever (at the time it was compulsory to do the national service in Portugal). Meaning that i had the chance to whitness certain events, meeting, chats, PAPERS, Airforce officers the list goes on... ONLY  after about 6 months i noticed that most Pilots from the likes of Corsair A7B, F-16s jets etc etc knew about the Earth NOT being what ''most'' think it is. And the interesting part is that they openly mentioned it like ''natural common knowledge''. But i did not really take their word too serious back then, considering i was 19...and opening my eyes to the reality of Life. But afterwords in my mid to late 20's thats when it all ''kicked in''. 

Thats why we should not forget that there's a HUGE percentage of Humans who KNOW the earth is NOT what Mainstream Books, TV, etc etc claims to be. 

Just like the Current Events....a lot of people know its all a scam but still wear masks and even get the jab just to avoid conflicts etc etc........but in the end.... they always regret it.

Its funny and sad at the same time that most Humans know more about celebrities, Books, NASA, WHO, etc etc etc than they know about their own body functions!!! Same applies to the simple things that should be the most important to learn and acknowledge......THE EARTH. But still.........it is not called ''learning curve''.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jikwan said:

Everybody knows of the oasis in middle of the desert a 100 miles from anything

The light transports this from a 100 miles away? LOL

Refraction......the stock answer for stuff they cant explain

Im quoting spacebusters

I notice you keeping quiet about the desert mirage 

One of the many achilles heels of refraction affirmers

That huge mountain 400kms away might be a mirage?

33 minutes ago, Jikwan said:

Refraction......the stock answer for stuff they cant explain

Im quoting spacebusters

I notice you keeping quiet about the desert mirage 

One of the many achilles heels of refraction affirmers

That huge mountain 400kms away might be a mirage?

What's to say about a Mirage ?

It's the same effect.
Light bending through our atmosphere and distorting distances.

Further up l introduced the idea and asked if anyone had knowledge of the phenomenon and could explain it.
As in - exact numbers / angles / distance etc..
BC

Posted (edited)

The FE is stationary. It is not rotating, nor is it moving upwards at a certain speed, nor is it an infinite plane.

It is very easy to prove that the surface of the Earth is plane.

The explosion which occurred at Tunguska (1908, June 30, 7:15 am Siberia time, 0:15 London time) was seen instantaneously from London (5,200 km distance), Antwerp, Berlin, Stockholm. On a globe the humongous curvature would have blocked an explosion which took place at some 7 km in the atmosphere, from a distance of 5,200 km.

If the light from the Sun could not reach London due to curvature and/or any light reflection phenomena, then certainly NO LIGHT from an explosion which occurred at some 7 km altitude in the atmosphere could have been seen at all, at the same time, on a spherical earth.

i just copied the post from another forum

Edited by Jikwan
  • Like 1

The first reports of a strange glow in the sky came from across Europe. Shortly after midnight on 1 July 1908, Londoners were intrigued to see a pink phosphorescent night sky over the capital. People who had retired awoke confused as the strange pink glow shone into their bedrooms. The same ruddy luminescence was reported over Belgium. The skies over Germany were curiously said to be bright green, while the heavens over Scotland were of an incredible intense whiteness which tricked the wildlife into believing it was dawn. Birdsong started and cocks crowed - at two o'clock in the morning. The skies over Moscow were so bright, photographs were taken of the streets without using a magnesium flash. A captain on a ship on the River Volga said he could see vessels on the river two miles away by the uncanny astral light. One golf game in England almost went on until four in the morning under the nocturnal glow, and in the following week The Times of London was inundated with letters from readers from all over the United Kingdom to report the curious 'false dawn'. A woman in Huntingdon wrote that she had been able to read a book in her bedroom solely by the peculiar rosy light. There were hundreds of letters from people reporting identical lighting conditions that went on for weeks after the Tunguska explosion. Scientists and meteorologists also wrote to the newspaper giving their opinions about the cause of the strange sky-glare which ranged from the Northern Lights to dust in the upper atmosphere reflecting the rays of the sun below the horizon. No one connected the phenomenon with the strange object which had come down in Siberia to explode with the fury of a H-bomb. Even the national press in Russia gave no mention to the catastrophic even in the Tunguska Valley, because the country was then entering a major period..........

https://www.qsl.net/w5www/tunguska.html

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 6:06 AM, Basket Case said:

What's to say about a Mirage ?

It's the same effect.
Light bending through our atmosphere and distorting distances.

Further up l introduced the idea and asked if anyone had knowledge of the phenomenon and could explain it.
As in - exact numbers / angles / distance etc..
BC

I believe it is in the last one third of FE thread with the math as well ,but I'm not prepared  to troll through the lot to find it.

This is just from memory sorry I cant be more helpful but I think it's is near b flats bullshit video of the  laser  and the lake the one that took him 2.5 minuets to locate the torch anyway good luck but I can't be bothered any more

Edited by peter
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jikwan said:

just copied the post from another forum

Brilliant, excellent scientific methodology

This is a prime example how the covid myth gains hold in society

Edited by peter

The subject is very much relevant to current events indeed. But the focus tends to allways go in ''robotic'' ways

*NO OFFENSE INTENDED*

For the ones who immediately dismiss an open calm and constructive discussion on the subject, there's a quote for them:

''I think the dead should shut up, unless there's something to say''

Quote from Jason Miller (Exorcist 3)

There are ways to perhaps clarify this whole long time question in most Humans's minds:

An almost impossible task for the average 'Joe' but by simply Bypassing the Antarctic treaty....

Why is there a Treaty of 12 countries signed into it in December 1959?

Suddenly when Humans start being more capable of ''going further'' in every aspect of discoveries etc etc....there are always an immediate ''block'' or ''barrier'' created purposedly in order to apply some brakes on them.. (ie: internet, 9/11, Covid, crisis acting)

- The full-on independent expeditions stopped immediatelly after this Treaty took place..

- The limits on sailing beyond designated areas...

- The enormous amount of charges for licenses in order to simply ''visit'' or admission requirements / ONLY fully vetted personnel allowed...(same for so called High Altitude air travel)

- The vicious circle that turns itself in a vicious cycle of repetitive images produced by the same Entities about the Ice year after year. 

(yes...we know there's not much variety of images to be taken because its just ALL WHITE over there, right?)..

The simple Act of having the chance to take an independent fully equipped fleet of Ships in certain directions from a single starting point, and all being recorded live audio/video. Would be the ideal expensive plan. Surely this has been talked about countless times.....but still....The only way to get closer to an answer  is to Independently Sail from and to specific points and also to Independently Fly as high as possible from various designated points/areas and have Live feeds without edits/cuts....and without any annoying fish-eye lens!!

''One can always live in eternal hope'' innit? 

Edited by Simple Actions
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Simple Actions said:

The simple Act of having the chance to take an independent fully equipped fleet of Ships in certain directions from a single starting point, and all being recorded live audio/video. Would be the ideal expensive plan. Surely this has been talked about countless times.....but still....The only way to get closer to an answer  is to Independently Sail from and to specific points and also to Independently Fly as high as possible from various designated points/areas and have Live feeds without edits/cuts....and without any annoying fish-eye lens!!

and your going to organize  that and pay for it all I imagine , if not you who will?

It always impresses me how people come up with these brilliant ideas , with no accountability with regards to cost and logistics.( welcome to the real world) All these great ideas remind me of minor political parties before an election, they can say anything they want and promise the world because they know they will never get into power and have to actually follow through on their promises.

This idea has been kicking around for years now,and because this hasn't been done it's obvious to some that there is a conspiracy to hide a 1000 foot ice wall that holds the earths oceans in, so why don't you start a go fund me page, shit I'll even put in a dollar if you promise not to bring it up again till the expedition is over

Edited by peter

16 minutes ago, peter said:

and your going to organize  that and pay for it all I imagine , if not you who will?

It always impresses me how people come up with these brilliant ideas , with no accountability with regards to cost and logistics.( welcome to the real world) All these great ideas remind me of minor political parties before an election, they can say anything they want and promise the world because they know they will never get into power and have to actually follow through on their promises.

This idea has been kicking around for years now,and because this hasn't been done it's obvious to some that there is a conspiracy to hide a 1000 foot ice wall that holds the earths oceans in, so why don't you start a go fund me page, shit I'll even put in a dollar if you promise not to bring it up again till the expedition is over

How can you just judge it like that? What makes you think we haven't thought about the whole logistics and all the rest? 

If you carefuly read it thoroughly,

i stated the following within the comment:

''An almost impossible task for the average 'Joe'

''Would be the ideal expensive plan''...

Does that indicate some sort of awareness on my part about how huge this plan would have to be??

;)

Seems like your comment on this is a bit full of anger.....don't you think?

Edited by Simple Actions

1 minute ago, Simple Actions said:

If you carefuly read it thoroughly,

i stated the following within the comment:

''An almost impossible task for the average 'Joe'

''Would be the ideal expensive plan''...

Does that indicate some sort of awareness on my part about how huge this plan would have to be??

;)

So why bring it up if you know it will never happen, to me it's just another throw away comment ,that no one can actually test, sounds great but means nothing

4 minutes ago, peter said:

So why bring it up if you know it will never happen, to me it's just another throw away comment ,that no one can actually test, sounds great but means nothing

Sounds like a 'half cup full' aproach....

Why are you here? Why is there a forum? Why is there subjects to talk about? Why does it bother you so much about bringing the subject up? In that case if your attitude towards this is always ''So why bring it up if you know it will never happen''.... then it seems to be the same towards the current events then? Right? Masks....Vaxx.....the whole hoax? Yes sometimes it feels like it will just go on for another 50 years but hey....if we stop pumping the fuel then the engine will for sure stall.

3 minutes ago, Simple Actions said:

Sounds like a 'half cup full' aproach....

Why are you here? Why is there a forum? Why is there subjects to talk about? Why does it bother you so much about bringing the subject up? In that case if your attitude towards this is always ''So why bring it up if you know it will never happen''.... then it seems to be the same towards the current events then? Right? Masks....Vaxx.....the whole hoax? Yes sometimes it feels like it will just go on for another 50 years but hey....if we stop pumping the fuel then the engine will for sure stall.

lf l could get enough funds l'd commission a rocket to go up into space and take photos and videos that'd definitely prove the Earth isn't flat...

3 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

lf l could get enough funds l'd commission a rocket to go up into space and take photos and videos that'd definitely prove the Earth isn't flat...

Interesting that.......i never mentioned it to be ''flat'' nor ball shape either lol

This is exactly why you and / or other moderators stated at some point back that the Subject may get blocked for the reason of ending up going in circles or heated up....right?

So yeah i like the idea of rocketing up independently and getting hold of a genuine Live feed of it..

I think i just lost the will to even contribute with words somehow..

Im done here.

1 minute ago, Simple Actions said:

Interesting that.......i never mentioned it to be ''flat'' nor ball shape either lol

lt doesn't matter what shape l proposed - it was a simple example that anything can be said in that manner.

l've already stated (if you bother to look) that both sides are correct and incorrect...
BC

The posts about tunguska, longest line of sight record and antartica are relavant information which will contribute sooner or later to inspire others to take an interest in the subject. Even though it might be information posted many times before dont matter. Its the live input of energy into this contraversial and difficult subject that moves others to contribute.sooner or later it will attract better resarchers than ourselves that can expose the hoaxes and give new evidence that results in concrete evidence.

We re starting anew here. Its new and different. In what way? Here is a thread where hostility and aggression is the minimum. That is one of my functions......make it as conducive an environment for decent discussion that lasts a long time compared to the short lived ones in the past

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

lt doesn't matter what shape l proposed - it was a simple example that anything can be said in that manner.

l've already stated (if you bother to look) that both sides are correct and incorrect...
BC

Exactly, its a never ending story i get that i really do. But since we as Humans cannot as yet even fully explore our potential in relation to absolute and clear possession of our own conciousness then all these other subjects with question marks on them will keep on staying in the question mark department and it seems that it is the case for sure....otherwise i don't believe there would be a reason for this conversation i presume? 

6 minutes ago, Simple Actions said:

This is exactly why you and / or other moderators stated at some point back that the Subject may get blocked for the reason of ending up going in circles or heated up....right?

So yeah i like the idea of rocketing up independently and getting hold of a genuine Live feed of it..

I think i just lost the will to even contribute with words somehow..

Im done here.

No, dont do that. Youve written some good posts already

You give up the moment someone disagrees with you is big mistake. I am expecting no less than 50 people disagreeing with me in the next few weeks

Its exactly the nature of discussion and debate: agree disagree doubt speculation reacting defensive putting some energy sometimes a little reasonably strong etc

Most of time i post people are not liking it. Im still here. Still learning

One things kept me going is if i see both our positions are too strong i dont ever return to that poster about that particular subject. But i could and do engage with that person on a 1000 other subjects

12 minutes ago, Simple Actions said:

..otherwise i don't believe there would be a reason for this conversation i presume? 

l've been (reluctantly) dragged into this subject.
As a member l've said / read enough and seen enough idiocy and rudeness from both sides to never want to engage ever again.

As a Mod l am trying to give room for the subject as everything should be able to be discussed here as long as it's in a reasonable manner.
The warning of this thread possibly being locked was reasonable and open.

To say this topic is a 'hot potato' is the understatement of all time.

Mods and Admin have plenty to do already without having to referee a rehash of this endlessly cyclic debate.