Disappearing time?

Well, this is certainly an odd one. But not unknown.. 

Today for example.. 

I looked at the time at it was 5am. Went back to sleep and seconds later its 8am. Sure, I guess this happens to everyone. No big deal. 

I gets to the kitchen and it's already 8.08...ok..

Look again in what I felt was only a couple of minutes and it's 8.18.

I discuss this with my partner who said he noticed the same thing this morning! 

A few years ago, he literally lost an hour and still to this day cannot explain that one. 

Time.. Where are you heading to? Is it our brains? Or is something weird going on

It's too early for me to think rationally 😂

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, allymisfit said:

Well, this is certainly an odd one. But not unknown.. 

Today for example.. 

I looked at the time at it was 5am. Went back to sleep and seconds later its 8am. Sure, I guess this happens to everyone. No big deal. 

I gets to the kitchen and it's already 8.08...ok..

Look again in what I felt was only a couple of minutes and it's 8.18.

I discuss this with my partner who said he noticed the same thing this morning! 

A few years ago, he literally lost an hour and still to this day cannot explain that one. 

Time.. Where are you heading to? Is it our brains? Or is something weird going on

It's too early for me to think rationally 😂

This is really synchronistic as I have just driven to work. This morning, the traffic was lighter than the last couple of days. So I was really surprised to see the time as I arrived which was later than usual. It struck me as odd...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

This is really synchronistic as I have just driven to work. This morning, the traffic was lighter than the last couple of days. So I was really surprised to see the time as I arrived which was later than usual. It struck me as odd...

I'm hoping we haven't been abducted! 

That's very odd you also experienced this phenomenon today. I wonder what's going on.. My brain is going to be questioning this all night 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, allymisfit said:

I'm hoping we haven't been abducted! 

That's very odd you also experienced this phenomenon today. I wonder what's going on.. My brain is going to be questioning this all night 😂

My drive to work was also around the same time that you had your second time lapse.

As I was approaching my destination at a specific set of traffic lights, I looked at the clock in my car and it said 8.09am. I remember it clearly as this is later than I expected to be at that point in my journey (8am being more what I would have anticipated), especially as I hadn't left late but perhaps slightly earlier than usual...

It may also be worth mentioning that it is only a 7 mile drive to work so a 10 minute discrepancy is fairly significant. In no traffic during the first lockdown, I was doing the journey in less than 15 minutes with a typical journey more recently being 20-25 minutes.

Edited by Mitochondrial Eve
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

My drive to work was also around the same time that you had your second time lapse.

As I was approaching my destination at a specific set of traffic lights, I looked at the clock in my car and it said 8.09am. I remember it clearly as this is later than I expected to be at that point in my journey (8am being more what I would have anticipated), especially as I hadn't left late but perhaps slightly earlier than usual...

It may also be worth mentioning that it is only a 7 mile drive to work so a 10 minute discrepancy is fairly significant. In no traffic during the first lockdown, I was doing the journey in less than 15 minutes with a typical journey more recently being 20-25 minutes.

Wow, the timing is identical! This is really bizarre. There must be a meaning somewhere.. I wish I knew what it meant. 

I hope your work were understanding.. Although saying that, it is pretty hard to explain these things to the average person.

• Like 2

I have had similar experiences in the past. I think time is speeding up and don't buy its just getting older. 

Perhaps reality is splitting. Numerous people i have heard say since the lockdowns have been having profound spiritual experiences. Perhaps the other world is morphing into our own or the other way around. 

Thinking about it i had a time laspe experience where i lost what felt like about an hour. I was deep in the woods. Perhaps i entered the fairy world. Fairyland. The fae, the fairy folk are often heard in wooded areas with music, and can get pissed off pretty easily. I believe these beings exist all over england, but mainly scotland, northern parts, midlands, wales and ireland.

I believe they dwell in caves also. Along with elvish.

Plenty of stories of in folklore of people entering the woods and then entering the realm of the faieries. 

The dreamworld is also interesting in terms of time. 

Proven fakes. I love theae pictures still. 

fairies.jpg

_106266132_58e5714c-953d-4aae-a28d-319d65aee83a.jpg

faery.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fluke said:

I have had similar experiences in the past. I think time is speeding up and don't buy its just getting older. 

Perhaps reality is splitting. Numerous people i have heard say since the lockdowns have been having profound spiritual experiences. Perhaps the other world is morphing into our own or the other way around. 

Thinking about it i had a time laspe experience where i lost what felt like about an hour. I was deep in the woods. Perhaps i entered the fairy world. Fairyland. The fae, the fairy folk are often heard in wooded areas with music, and can get pissed off pretty easily. I believe these beings exist all over england, but mainly scotland, northern parts, midlands, wales and ireland.

I believe they dwell in caves also. Along with elvish.

Plenty of stories of in folklore of people entering the woods and then entering the realm of the faieries. 

The dreamworld is also interesting in terms of time. 

Proven fakes. I love theae pictures still. 

fairies.jpg

_106266132_58e5714c-953d-4aae-a28d-319d65aee83a.jpg

faery.jpg

Hey Fluke! 

That's so interesting you mention that as word for word, I completely agree and it even crossed my mind a lot yesterday.

It came to me as I have these weird experiences during my sleep. 

I have my dreams too, but these are different. Very much another life outside this one. 

It looks similar to this one, but it is different at the same time. 

I wondered if this was me slowly going into another world? As in.. One day I'll wake up and won't be returning to this one? (if that's the case, then that's cool! Because this other world is much better than this current place we are at.) 

I wonder if we will just wake up and be there? :) 

That's really cool about the Fairy folk! 

Do you have any memories of where the time went? I wonder if our memories are wiped.. But a bit remains? 

Quite exciting in a way! 

1 hour ago, allymisfit said:

Hey Fluke! 

That's so interesting you mention that as word for word, I completely agree and it even crossed my mind a lot yesterday.

It came to me as I have these weird experiences during my sleep. 

I have my dreams too, but these are different. Very much another life outside this one. 

It looks similar to this one, but it is different at the same time. 

I wondered if this was me slowly going into another world? As in.. One day I'll wake up and won't be returning to this one? (if that's the case, then that's cool! Because this other world is much better than this current place we are at.) 

I wonder if we will just wake up and be there? :) 

That's really cool about the Fairy folk! 

Do you have any memories of where the time went? I wonder if our memories are wiped.. But a bit remains? 

Quite exciting in a way! 

People's dreaming have been off the scale recently. Mine included. But i notice if I go to sleep it can feel 5 minutes but when I wake up and look at the time hours have passed. So the time concept in the dream world is scewed. 

Have you ever astral projected or lucid dreamed (as in knowing you are dreaming)? I only have unconsciously when very young. I sometimes try to do this consciously but fail. 

This lady has a lot of knowledge if you are interested about the Fae. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fluke said:

People's dreaming have been off the scale recently. Mine included. But i notice if I go to sleep it can feel 5 minutes but when I wake up and look at the time hours have passed. So the time concept in the dream world is scewed. 

Have you ever astral projected or lucid dreamed (as in knowing you are dreaming)? I only have unconsciously when very young. I sometimes try to do this consciously but fail. 

This lady has a lot of knowledge if you are interested about the Fae. 

Out of likes, but I totally agree about sleep time speeding up. 

I always seen time as an illusion, a concept created by humans.. So they have every ability to manipulate their design. Creepy in a way. 

I'm unsure if I am astral projecting whilst "dreaming" I'm wondering if that's what I'm actually experiencing.. 

I've never actually been able to do it by trying.. Although I've been haunted with sleep paralysis many a times. Apparently they're connected? 

I had an ex who would spontaneously astral project and started when he was a kid. 

He wasn't a spiritual type person at all. Didn't believe in anything.. 

I found that pretty interesting. 

Sadly, I've never been able to lucid dream. I've tried all the techniques I could find online, but it's never worked for me. 

Maybe there's a barrier around me, stopping me doing these things. 

I've often wondered that.. 

Thanks for those links! 

I'll check them out. 

I wish I knew what was messing about with time 😂 today has been very slow in comparison! 

• Like 1

Wow, yesterday was a strange day for me too!

I missed my usual bus to work, as it came a couple of minutes early. The following bus was about five minutes late when I got on. Its only usually a short 15-20min journey to work, and we didn't really get caught in much traffic, and the commute didn't feel like it took any longer, but when I got off the bus I noticed it was running 10 minutes late and so was I!

At work, I got on with what I needed to do that morning at my desk, next thing I knew, I looked at my watch and it was midday, though I felt it was only about 11am. I then carried on with some work in the warehouse, there wasn't a great deal to pack up and dispatch, so I figured I'd be done by 1pm, before the couriers start arriving for collections. Next thing I know, after going outside for a smoke before I get back to my desk, its 3pm!

I really didn't know where the time went yesterday, I normally try and wrap up my day just after 5pm, but it was after 6pm when I finally called it a day, locked up and went home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Wow, yesterday was a strange day for me too!

I missed my usual bus to work, as it came a couple of minutes early. The following bus was about five minutes late when I got on. Its only usually a short 15-20min journey to work, and we didn't really get caught in much traffic, and the commute didn't feel like it took any longer, but when I got off the bus I noticed it was running 10 minutes late and so was I!

At work, I got on with what I needed to do that morning at my desk, next thing I knew, I looked at my watch and it was midday, though I felt it was only about 11am. I then carried on with some work in the warehouse, there wasn't a great deal to pack up and dispatch, so I figured I'd be done by 1pm, before the couriers start arriving for collections. Next thing I know, after going outside for a smoke before I get back to my desk, its 3pm!

I really didn't know where the time went yesterday, I normally try and wrap up my day just after 5pm, but it was after 6pm when I finally called it a day, locked up and went home.

Whaaa, there is something definitely odd going on here. 

I wonder what that G7 meeting included..

Could it have been a manipulation of time (or something else? Maybe I'm over thinking.) 

All of this is a pretty spooky coincidence. 

Although I am glad I posted it to see I wasn't the only one experiencing it as I was wondering if I was losing the plot again. 

Many years ago as a young guy I was out Riding my 750 with my Gf on the back...We went on the usual route but this day..We hit a bank of Fog...Come out the other side not thinking much..Gets to where we were going..3 hrs more than it should have taken..We didn't notice until they said...Lunch was over at 1pm..You are close to Dinnner time..We looked at each other checking our Watches..Definatley a 3hr loss some where..Sticks with us to this day...

On 6/17/2021 at 12:51 PM, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Must be u were happy..I hear time flies when one is having fun (in this case content)...