Euro2020 and Covid-19

Grumpy Owl

The Euro2020 football tournament kicked off on Friday 11th June - delayed a year - and already we're seeing this never-ending Covid pandemic creep into it.

They really just can't help themselves.

Euro 2020: Portugal's Joao Cancelo tests positive for Covid-19

Joao Cancelo

Portugal defender Joao Cancelo has tested positive for Covid-19, two days before their Euro 2020 opener.

The 27-year-old has been replaced by AC Milan's under-21 international Diogo Dalot.

The rest of the Portuguese squad tested negative, but Manchester City's Cancelo will remain isolated.

I mean, come on, whats missing from all this?

Did he 'test positive' after displaying symptoms?

How come the rest of the squad was 'negative'? 🤔

Is this guy any good? In other words is he the kind of player who is a 'game-changer'?

I must admit I've not been following football for a few years now due to a lack of interest, so I'm not really up to speed, I'll be honest I don't even know most of the current England squad!

Is it remotely possible that 'key players' could be forced to withdraw from this tournament due to 'covid tests'?

Well it's been a mess since the scamdemic began. The qualifying process for the 2022 World Cup's been going on inbetween all the delayed Euro 2020 business, and countless matches were disrupted by "Covid". Multiple players missing/isolating, even managers. Farcical. It's not restricted to Europe....this weekend, half the Venezuela team and staff tested positive, and the manager had to call up 15 youth players to replace the absent players.

Scotland had 6 players isolating last month, and every week it seems to be some team or other who are dealing with an "outbreak". Portugal are the reigning EU champions, so most of their squad are decent players. Cancelo is, however, merely a fringe/squad player at Man City. Same with the Spainish player, Llorente. Good but not a star player.

All of this and yet, the opening round of gov.UK's "test events" saw a whopping 15 positive CV results from 58,000 people who attended them.

Deadly, innit.

Even if we go along with the illogical crap of this scam, 15 out of 58,000 people packed in together at stadia around the country is hardly worth shutting the country down even longer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spideysensei said:

How does one player in an isolated squad test positive and none of the others? According to the article, "match play is not considered close contact"

On 6/13/2021 at 8:52 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

Is it remotely possible that 'key players' could be forced to withdraw from this tournament due to 'covid tests'?

I understand this kid played really well against England the other day... 🤔

This thing with the Scottish kid is laughable. 

Share the same pitch for 90mins, make a tackle on him, jostle at a set-piece...or team mates congratulate him = safe

England club colleagues from Chelsea ruffle his hair or hug after the match = ISOLATE!

Come on.

On 6/22/2021 at 12:33 AM, Anti Facts Sir said:

This thing with the Scottish kid is laughable. 

Share the same pitch for 90mins, make a tackle on him, jostle at a set-piece...or team mates congratulate him = safe

England club colleagues from Chelsea ruffle his hair or hug after the match = ISOLATE!

Come on.

Agreed. There was no way they would allow the Euros to pass without exploiting it to further the farce and they didn't even try to hide it - they zeroed in on the man of the match (and a youngster to boot). Meanwhile, there are going to be 60,000 fans in the same stadium within days. It went beyond ludicrous months ago yet they seemingly have no shame and the masses appear not to care their lives are going down the drain.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 7:44 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

I understand this kid played really well against England the other day... 🤔

In the alleged leaked email from sage, they’ll use the euros as one of the excuses to keep the lockdown going, planned short term excuse, but long goal is lockdown for years, even permanent. At the moment they’ll use the delta variant as the excuse.