Jump to content

England footballers continuing THE KNEE in the euros


Recommended Posts

Germany have been poor for years. I don't know how their coach has lasted so long...15 years or more? What the heck is going on there. They haven't played like your archetypal German team since he took over. He must have something on the German FA to have kept his job after the last world cup.

 

So, victory over a side who couldn't beat Hungary and lost to N.Macedonia this year, is a qualified achievement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Germany have been poor for years. I don't know how their coach has lasted so long...15 years or more? What the heck is going on there. They haven't played like your archetypal German team since he took over. He must have something on the German FA to have kept his job after the last world cup.

 

So, victory over a side who couldn't beat Hungary and lost to N.Macedonia this year, is a qualified achievement.

 

They beat Portugal.

 

I don't know if you were watching the same match as me but England's passing game was the best I've seen in my lifetime.... It was incredible. England were actually good and I can't say I've seen that since the era of Lineker and Gazza.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2021 at 7:20 AM, EnigmaticWorld said:

 

A Patriotic Alternative account was banned on Twitter the other day for simply for saying that he isn't ethnically English and was born in Jamaica. Where is the lie there?

 

https://twitter.com/search?q=england jamaica sterling&src=typed_query

 

So they can say things that are true, but we can't? Got it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2021 at 5:10 PM, Truthspoon said:

 

I don't know if you were watching the same match as me but England's passing game was the best I've seen in my lifetime.... It was incredible. England were actually good and I can't say I've seen that since the era of Lineker and Gazza.

 

 

I did end up watching the same match but can't share your enthusiasm. I'm glad they won, but they were lucky. Lucky that Germany missed two clear chances, and lucky that our keeper has decided to be in the form of his life. Best player on the park. Everyone else was solid or average. England play slow, negative football that's tough to watch. Safety first. 

 

It relies on too much good fortune. Whether England have used it all up now, we can only see.

 

Euro 96 was proper England football, as was the 98 World Cup under Hoddle. The 4-1 demolition of Holland at Euro 96 remains the ultimate team performance in my lifetime. What a team we had.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just don't want the spaghettis to win it but got a feeling they will. Think england are the only ones that can stop them. 

 

I thought the Germany game England played decent to be honest. Didn't make many mistakes. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Golden Retriever said:

 

Have you ruled out the Paella Patriots?

 

previews_0012_custom_1584445093.0323.jpg

 

 

I don't even know who is left in to be fair, I just know Italy is because of an above comment.

 

I love Spain, and have great memories visiting there multiple times, but I'm still siding with Italy to spite those that want to destroy Rome/the West.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

 

I don't even know who is left in to be fair, I just know Italy is because of an above comment.

 

I love Spain, and have great memories visiting there multiple times, but I'm still siding with Italy to spite those that want to destroy Rome/the West.

 

Just for you Eng.

 

 

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

 

England face Denmark in semi final

 

Italy face Spain in semi final

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spain are not the spain of old. they have struggled.

i can't see em beating italy.

 

denmark have actually won the euros in 92 thats one more than england

italy england final i reckon.

 

why the "golden" generation were failures for england

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thing with Tournaments/Cups - and sometimes the beauty - is the best team rarely wins. Spain did, back in their pomp, and France here and there. But there have been some rum winners....Denmark, Greece, Portugal in 2016 despite failing to win any of their group games. Probably others.

 

The draw ended up being much tougher on one side. Italy, Belgium and Spain (and had they not choked, the French). Whereas England were on the side with only Germany and Holland to really real with. That's the benefit of winning your group. Sometimes!

 

Italy would be deserved winners, given the football they've played and by seeing off the world's best team Belgium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Italy would be deserved winners, given the football they've played and by seeing off the world's best team Belgium.

 

Agree, although Belgium are the world's best in terms of FIFA rankings only so not a particularly objective measure.

Said before the Germany game that the final would be Italy/England and will stick to it. Too close to call at that point.

 

On topic, the boos were pretty loud last night. Italians don't give a fuck for that nonsense. Or it just wasn't drowned out as much by the Italian organisers as it is at Wembley. Probably had no precedent for it.

 

Edited by spideysensei
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...