BREAKING NEWS: UK now "hotter than Australia"

While it is very clear that modern journalism is catering for a very 'dumbed down' population, one only has to look at the way that 'weather news' gets reported in local media to see just how low we have now gotten.

Take for example the following from my local Birmingham Mail today:

UK weather hits 27C with heatwave now set to last for two weeks according to forecasts

The UK has recorded its hottest day of the year so far for the third day in a row.

The Met Office said Northolt in west London had reached 26.6C (79.9F) at 11.30am on Wednesday.

It surpasses the previous high for 2021 set on Tuesday of 25.8C (78.4F), which was recorded in both Cardiff and Middle Wallop.

And the UK weather - which has seen Britain roast in temperatures of the upper twenties - now means the temperature is hotter than Australia.

Most impressively, some forecasters and meteorologists says the heatwave is set to last TWO WEEKS.

From: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/uk-weather-hits-27c-heatwave-20724873

My emphasis in bold.

Really?

the heatwave is set to last TWO WEEKS.

🤔🌞😎

Oh dear me, this is terrible! Strangely enough, it is surprising that some people need to be told this, like they can't work out for themselves why it gets hot during the summer, and cold during the winter.

Do we really need 'experts' to be telling us this?

Experts warn that hot weather "could last until autumn"

And the reason why the UK is hotter than Australia right now? Umm, I wonder if it is due to it being winter down there? 🤔

Maybe @peter would be able to confirm this astonishing fact for us? 😆

On the one hand, I shake my head at this patronising garbage being spouted out from our own Met Office, which is then dutifully 'parroted' by all local mainstream media news outlets - they only do this for 'clickbait' for ad revenues.

But you can also then see how this is being subliminally used to forment this 'climate change' narrative.

Here in Birmingham, we topped out today at a very pleasant 25C, before the clouds came over. But the use of vocabulary like "roasting" is used to just exaggerate things, and just wait and see what they roll out when we hit highs of over 30C come July.

In my 45 years of existence, it always gets warm and occasionally 'hot' during the summer. And equally it gets cold and icy during the winter months. For me, its the same thing repeated every year. I KNOW what to expect.

I don't find it surprising at all. But it is sad that so many people do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Maybe @peter would be able to confirm this astonishing fact for us?

we are in winter here obviously,  average temp where I am is 23 c although we have a bit of a cold snap at the moment as there is southerly blowing straight from the antarctic, up north the average temp at the moment is 28 c

You have a heat wave while in summer of 27c mate I feel for you how will society as a whole  possibly cope? ,anything up to 30c is a pleasant day here.

I looked up the 14 day weather maps for these temps

I see you have experts warning that these intolerable conditions will last for a fortnight ,I'm sorry to hear that, but you know what they say ,and X is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure so there is good chance they will be wrong, I can only hope they are for your sake.

As far as being hotter than Australia ,which part would that be?

Edited by peter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DarianF said:

This is all I have to add to this conversation...

... you can thank me later ;-)

Kim, look at mueee look at mueee , I've got one word to say to you Kim , buttocks  implants 😄

Edited by peter
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 8:35 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

While it is very clear that modern journalism is catering for a very 'dumbed down' population, one only has to look at the way that 'weather news' gets reported in local media to see just how low we have now gotten.

Take for example the following from my local Birmingham Mail today:

UK weather hits 27C with heatwave now set to last for two weeks according to forecasts

From: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/uk-weather-hits-27c-heatwave-20724873

My emphasis in bold.

Really?

🤔🌞😎

Oh dear me, this is terrible! Strangely enough, it is surprising that some people need to be told this, like they can't work out for themselves why it gets hot during the summer, and cold during the winter.

Do we really need 'experts' to be telling us this?

Experts warn that hot weather "could last until autumn"

And the reason why the UK is hotter than Australia right now? Umm, I wonder if it is due to it being winter down there? 🤔

Maybe @peter would be able to confirm this astonishing fact for us? 😆

On the one hand, I shake my head at this patronising garbage being spouted out from our own Met Office, which is then dutifully 'parroted' by all local mainstream media news outlets - they only do this for 'clickbait' for ad revenues.

But you can also then see how this is being subliminally used to forment this 'climate change' narrative.

Here in Birmingham, we topped out today at a very pleasant 25C, before the clouds came over. But the use of vocabulary like "roasting" is used to just exaggerate things, and just wait and see what they roll out when we hit highs of over 30C come July.

In my 45 years of existence, it always gets warm and occasionally 'hot' during the summer. And equally it gets cold and icy during the winter months. For me, its the same thing repeated every year. I KNOW what to expect.

I don't find it surprising at all. But it is sad that so many people do.

All a load of cobblers!!! It's only 69 F here up north. Got a cardi on! And yes it's winter in Oz, so that might have something to do with it.  🙄

We get the same headlines rolled out almost every "summer."  😅 What Brit seriously believes this nonsense?

Edited by itsnotallrightjack

On 6/2/2021 at 10:59 PM, peter said:

we are in winter here obviously,  average temp where I am is 23 c although we have a bit of a cold snap at the moment as there is southerly blowing straight from the antarctic, up north the average temp at the moment is 28 c

You have a heat wave while in summer of 27c mate I feel for you how will society as a whole  possibly cope? ,anything up to 30c is a pleasant day here.

I looked up the 14 day weather maps for these temps

I see you have experts warning that these intolerable conditions will last for a fortnight ,I'm sorry to hear that, but you know what they say ,and X is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure so there is good chance they will be wrong, I can only hope they are for your sake.

As far as being hotter than Australia ,which part would that be?

Mate if it hit those temperatures you mention- (the 80s in Farenhet I think?) I would be ecstatic. It did hit 82F one day here up north last week. LOVED it!!!! 

On 6/3/2021 at 12:01 AM, eddy64 said:

it was hotter in 2016, what do these idiots expect in the middle of summer or are they just propagandists posing as meteorologists and journalists.

Nah eddy, it was 2017. I know it, cos I had only been in my current place since April of that year, and one day I woke up in the July ( I think it was July, but it may have been June) and it felt much warmer than I was accustomed to. I opened the front door and I gasped "WOAHHH--EEE!" as the heat hit me like I had opened an oven door. I went back in and got my thermometer. It  rocketed up to 89F in seconds, then 90--and it kept on going--and OMG it hit 100F!!! I thought am I dreaming?! I had not experiencerd heat like that since 1998 in Ibiza. I was showing the thermometer to passers by exclaimining "IT'S 100 DEGREES!!!" Needless to say I went back in, got lots of iced water and a deck chair and esconced myself out there for the whole afternoon, revelling in a hot sun.

Yes, I LOVE the heat.  To risk sounding a bit Meghan Sussex- I thrive in heat. I am in totally in the wrong country weather wise.

Edited by itsnotallrightjack