BREAKING NEWS: UK now "hotter than Australia" - media using weather as propaganda

I hope everyone in the UK got a snow shovel for Christmas. Sarcastic? Me? 

"White Christmas 'likely' despite UK mild temperatures" (BBC NEWS, 24 December 2023) 

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-67815533.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fuk-scotland-67815533

Edited by Grumpy Grapes

3 hours ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

I hope everyone in the UK got a snow shovel for Christmas. Sarcastic? Me? 

"White Christmas 'likely' despite UK mild temperatures" (BBC NEWS, 24 December 2023) 

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-67815533.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fuk-scotland-67815533

The BBC have just rewritten their story with a different headline and changes to the main story, thereby slightly undermining my original comments. 

"Official white Christmas in Scotland despite mild temperatures" 

Edited by Grumpy Grapes

10 hours ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

The BBC have just rewritten their story with a different headline and changes to the main story, thereby slightly undermining my original comments. 

"Official white Christmas in Scotland despite mild temperatures" 

Perhaps 'Baroness Michelle Mone' has invested her profits from PPE into the snow shovel industry and wants a quick return for her money? you mentioned the snow shovels earlier, so, they did a quick about turn and went in the opposite direction with the story!

download(6).jpg.09048f5aca115f8503580cfc78d9e13f.jpgdownload(7).jpg.404a23d8ac37ef0da729c0aaf358b125.jpg  apparently the 'Baroness' is being treated like Pablo Escobar over the PPE scandal

All together now, everyone say 'OOOHHHH! In In 1982 Pablo himself became a politician { what a coincidence? }! Unfortunately, kind and generous Pablo was forced to resign two years later in 1984, the justice minister who led that campaign to fuck Pablo off from congress was later  assassinated by someone or other?

Pablo-Escobar-1991.webp.287b2265f9fe1dae9f4d13c8a9237240.webp

Pablo reminds me of my kind and cuddly uncle Alphonse who served in the Italian SAS, their motto was 'Who Cares Who Wins' he retired to Cardiff and started a branch of the mafia in Wales it was called 'The Taffia' and he controlled it from his chip shop business that he traded from called 'THE CODFATHER' it wasn't only fish that got battered by Alphonse's workers, if people got on his wrong side, 'they'd had their chips' in more ways than one shall we say?🤫 In 2010 his business got burned to the ground, the insurance refused to pay up because the said that it was, in their opinion, an act of cod and wasn't covered for that type of damage! The stress sent him weird and he started crossdressing, at first, in his wife's clothes, and then as he became more sure of himself, he bought some  for himself from Primark.🤔 Auntie Philomena divorced him on the grounds that 'he just wasn't the same man anymore'🤫 He now lives in a seedy bedsit above a taxi office in Barry Island that he shares with a retired French Onion seller called Maurice.   Maurice picks up a few quid here and there by selling sexual favours to little old men who cruise slowly around the mean streets of Barry at night in their old battered cars!👍 It's sometimes quite a struggle to get by, but, they rub along quite well some way or other!👍

Edited by Mr Crabtree

So almost simultaneously, according to the BBC News...

UK had a 'white Christmas', because there was a bit of snow in the Scottish Highlands and Aberdeenshire on Christmas Day.

The UK also had the 'warmest Christmas Eve on record' because it reached 14C somewhere.

Meanwhile in Beijing, China, they're experiencing their 'coldest winter ever'.

Test cricket in Australia is being disrupted by 'heavy rain'.

Must be climate change, nothing to do with the movement of the jet stream.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2023 at 9:36 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

So almost simultaneously, according to the BBC News...

UK had a 'white Christmas', because there was a bit of snow in the Scottish Highlands and Aberdeenshire on Christmas Day.

The UK also had the 'warmest Christmas Eve on record' because it reached 14C somewhere.

Meanwhile in Beijing, China, they're experiencing their 'coldest winter ever'.

Test cricket in Australia is being disrupted by 'heavy rain'.

Must be climate change, nothing to do with the movement of the jet stream.

It was 13 or 14 degrees here but very windy so felt colder. It is now much colder, much windier (over 80mph registered about 40 miles away from me) and very, very wet - flood warnings, trains all cancelled, roads closed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 11:07 PM, peter said:

Where is England hotter ,it's mid 30's today and if it is 35 here a lot of the country will be in the mid 40's you lot must be copping it

Have a look back at the opening post from June 2021! 😉

Others may have already noticed that the new 'click-bait' headline trick for reporting weather involves suggestions of "xxx miles of" something or other.

image.png.e6c4a8f6313f138c7b4f220b80efc768.pngimage.png.3cf9ede668b949c7d7a8b2f3f591a6d6.pngimage.png.f4c6a8fb36795761b04dd01133195fc1.png

I first noticed this before Christmas, when there was a breathtaking amount of weather stories, with the usual 'warnings' and the Met Office either 'breaking their silence' or 'issuing verdicts' on 384 mile wall of snow or something along those lines.

Apart from a 'light dusting' towards the beginning of December, Birmingham and the West Midlands has not seen any significant amount of snow. It's mostly been pissing it down with rain instead. (That "384 mile wall of snow" fell as rain because it was too warm)

Now of course it is true that some parts of the UK have had some snow this winter, notably areas in Scotland and northern England.

And no doubt that some areas will see snow and ice next week. But not Birmingham!

image.png.6bca3271d21ede1558a27e8953f5bd87.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Others may have already noticed that the new 'click-bait' headline trick for reporting weather involves suggestions of "xxx miles of" something or other.

Here in Aus they used to use different shades of red to indicate temperatures  and shades of blue for rainfall,have done for as long as I can remember now they use red for temp and rainfall . I wonder how many notice

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

And the phrase "snow bomb" is a new one on me too, I'm surprised the AI terrorism detectors haven't jumped on that one. Added to the excessive use of red on the weather charts last summer it looks like a definite trend. 

• Thanks 1

As 'we've all' been investigating the climate agenda for so long, and had a 'break' from hearing the words in the media during Convid, isn't it so eye rolling to hear it slipped into every programme, and the weather reports 'today'. Why was it so important to put the weather on every half hour, at the expense of everything else? OK we know why 😆 

• Like 1

Arctic blast GLOBAL COOLING event to strike American Midwest in coming days; temperatures to plummet 78 degrees BELOW NORMAL
01/11/2024 // Ethan Huff // 4.3K Views 

A major "global cooling" event is about to sweep the United States with meteorologists expecting temperatures to plunge to -50 degrees in some parts of the West and Midwest.

A so-called "polar vortex," or arctic blast, will reportedly roll down from Alaska and the far north into the Pacific Northwest in the coming days. It will then move on down to the Central and Midwest portions of the country over the following five to 10 days, according to meteorologist Ryan Maue.

The National Weather Service's (NWS) Climate Prediction Center says the cold blast will really make its presence known late next week, bringing with it temperatures that in some areas will be a full 78 degrees lower than normal for this time of year.

An ongoing stratospheric warming event over the North Pole is taking the blame for this threat as it is displacing the polar vortex and sending all that very cold air down into the lower 48 states.

Some areas will receive freezing rain while others will get dumped with lots of snow. One silver lining is a forming ridge in the Southeast that could end up containing the cold air to the western half of the United States and Canada.

(Related: Evidence shows that polar bears survived just fine during 1,600 years of warm, ice-free summers.)

So much for those "boiling" oceans

If the arctic blast arrives as planned, it could be comparable to the cold weather disaster of Storm Uri in February 2021 that left more than four million Texans without electricity or heat for a record 70.5 hours.

In that storm, a shocking 365 generators were knocked offline, leaving much of Texas with no power. Because the Lone Star State is ill-equipped for such weather events, it ended up being one of the worst disasters in the state's history.

Described as the greatest forced blackout event in U.S. history, the Texas disaster highlighted the need for a more robust grid management system all across the country.

The latest polar vortex storm is also bringing with it a huge snowstorm in the Northeast that has already dumped at least 15 inches of snow on the Hudson Valley. Travel along the upper East Coast is chaotic and limited in some areas.

New York's Orange County received over a foot of snow in some areas, though Central Park in the city only reported about 0.2 inches of snowfall. The Big Apple has now officially gone almost 700 days straight without at least one full inch of snow on the ground.

The following snow accumulations elsewhere in New York were reported by the NWS:

• Port Jervis – 13.1 inches

• Unionville – 12.4 inches

• Norfolk – 12 inches

• Middletown – 11.8 inches

• Bear Creek – 11.5 inches

• Montgomery – 11 inches

At least 164 flights were cancelled at Boston Logan International Airport in Massachusetts because of the storm. Amtrak also announced modifications to its train service schedule due to the storm.

"Due to the forecasted storm, cancellations are expected. Passengers are advised to check with their airline on the status of their flight before coming to the airport and to allow extra time to travel to and from the airport," Boston Logan announced.

Jonathan Porter, AccuWeather's Chief Meteorologist and Senior Vice President of Weather Content and Forecast Operations, warned that all over New England, including in upstate New York and parts of Pennsylvania, can expect snow to fall at a rate of at least one inch per hour or more, which will make it difficult for road crews to keep up with plowing it.

Massachusetts is also in the mix with the following snowfall tallies being reported as of 10 am on Sunday:

• Haverhill – 12 inches

• Easthampton – 11 inches

• Granville – 10.4 inches

• Fitchburg – 9.9 inches

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-01-11-arctic-blast-global-cooling-midwest-polar-vortex.html

• Thanks 1

2FBAA9C0-598D-4BEE-AFE8-C97798A8B0F3.png.cc3bd72c47d02b68b34c723e63b86fce.png

North America looks very chilly.

The Natural News article was quite accurate. 

The curved swathe of warm sea and air next to where it says North Atlantic Ocean will be with the uk in a week or two. Temps will most likely be around 12 degrees unless high pressure from the north east wins out. Then it’ll be brass monkeys. 

These swathes of warmth build up in the pacific, hit Mexico and curve upwards travelling east towards Europe. 

Are they being artificially manipulated? Something is giving them unusually powerful motion 

On 1/14/2024 at 5:42 PM, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

The curved swathe of warm sea and air next to where it says North Atlantic Ocean will be with the uk in a week or two. Temps will most likely be around 12 degrees unless high pressure from the north east wins out. Then it’ll be brass monkeys. 

These swathes of warmth build up in the pacific, hit Mexico and curve upwards travelling east towards Europe. 

Are they being artificially manipulated? Something is giving them unusually powerful motion 

It's the Jet Stream. It undulates in a wave around the northern hemisphere, where it 'dips down' it pulls more colder air down from the Arctic, where it dips up, then it pulls more warmer air from the equator.

It is affected by solar activity, which there is a lot of recently, and that causes the jet stream to undulate more. That's what gives us 'extreme weather'.

The solar cycle lasts around 11 years, which we're currently in around the middle of. In another few years, solar activity will have dropped and the jet stream will be more 'stable'.

That's your 'climate change' right there.

As for the UK, well it's a bit cold right now, and some more northern parts are experiencing some snow disruption. But here in the West Midlands, it looks like it will stay dry for the next few days so no snow here!

image.png.1896f6761b3d81a79fbb43f10ab7b0e4.png

• Thanks 1

Following my above comment:

image.png.c2e22f20bee5b96a57da308751433902.png

A forecaster has revealed where they think the most 'severe' snow will hit in as little as 10 hours. Exacta Weather forecaster James Madden said in an update that the “big snow event” had begun, with the “first heavy snow of this winter”.

Speaking to the Daily Star on Tuesday 16 January, he said: “This snow event will only really get going from this afternoon and into this evening from 3pm today through to 3am Wednesday (January 17).

"Large parts of Scotland, northern England, Yorkshire, Wales and Northern Ireland can expect to see some heavy snow and significant accumulations as heavy snow showers work southwards within this timeframe. Parts as far south as central England could also see some snow from the tail end of this weather system during the early hours of tomorrow."

But not in Birmingham or the Black Country it seems! (For the benefit of non-UK readers, the Black Country is the area west of Birmingham that includes Dudley, Wolverhampton, Walsall and West Bromwich)

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

It's the Jet Stream. It undulates in a wave around the northern hemisphere, where it 'dips down' it pulls more colder air down from the Arctic, where it dips up, then it pulls more warmer air from the equator.

It is affected by solar activity, which there is a lot of recently, and that causes the jet stream to undulate more. That's what gives us 'extreme weather'.

The solar cycle lasts around 11 years, which we're currently in around the middle of. In another few years, solar activity will have dropped and the jet stream will be more 'stable'.

That's your 'climate change' right there.

As for the UK, well it's a bit cold right now, and some more northern parts are experiencing some snow disruption. But here in the West Midlands, it looks like it will stay dry for the next few days so no snow here!

image.png.1896f6761b3d81a79fbb43f10ab7b0e4.png

Well I still think something is amiss, I get the feeling weather tech is manipulating certain systems. 

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

That's your 'climate change' right there

It’s not mine, it’s ‘theirs’ 

On 1/16/2024 at 9:35 PM, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

Well I still think something is amiss, I get the feeling weather tech is manipulating certain systems. 

It’s not mine, it’s ‘theirs’ 

I didn't mean you personally of course.

It is not beyond the realms of probability that there could  be man-made tech that can manipulate the weather systems.

But it is more likely - in my opinion - that there are natural weather cycles influenced by solar activity - that happen every so number of years - that certain people would very much love to attribute to man-made climate change, just so they can push and further their agendas.

In fact, I believe it is far more dangerous to be artificially manipulating the weather, after all, nature 'finds a way' to balance things out naturally.

Ebb and flow. Cool and warm. Tip that balance, and who knows what catastrophic consequences you might incur.