BREAKING NEWS: UK now "hotter than Australia" - media using weather as propaganda

Look at this shit!

Think ourselves lucky, if we weren’t getting lows from the Atlantic we’d be frying like they are a few miles south of us. 

F323312F-8BFC-4593-B2B2-3A7E37AB873A.png.2d99120207541dc62136b53eae4dc01f.pngE0CC5303-0716-4567-AB3D-A8122F14AB3B.png.8ca147f0821b2c8baae4cd6a2fa5d461.png

Look at Finland and the strange heat bloom in khazackstan, too far north, is this weather modification? It’s abnormal 

When the wind changes we’re f***ed as the European heat is predicted to last for weeks, poor sods

18 minutes ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

Look at this shit!

Think ourselves lucky, if we weren’t getting lows from the Atlantic we’d be frying like they are a few miles south of us. 

F323312F-8BFC-4593-B2B2-3A7E37AB873A.png.2d99120207541dc62136b53eae4dc01f.pngE0CC5303-0716-4567-AB3D-A8122F14AB3B.png.8ca147f0821b2c8baae4cd6a2fa5d461.png

Look at Finland and the strange heat bloom in khazackstan, too far north, is this weather modification? It’s abnormal 

When the wind changes we’re f***ed as the European heat is predicted to last for weeks, poor sods

oh god .... really?

So then South Africa must be fucking freezing according to your images or they are all covered in snow or under water as cold as the poles!

Why do you believe and so promote this shit?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, lake said:

oh god .... really?

So then South Africa must be fucking freezing according to your images or they are all covered in snow or under water as cold as the poles!

Promote what shit? 

It’s the weather.

We’re all interested in the weather. 

It’s just a screen grab of the temps at 18.00 today?

What do you think I believe? 

What do you think I’m promoting? 

If you haven’t heard, it’s ridiculously hot in the south, like nearly 50 degrees, that’s halfway to boiling point. 

Im not promoting the climate change scam, just sensationalising absurd weather.

If it was minus 25 in Englands winter I’d be waxing lyrical about that too, what’s your problem? 

26 minutes ago, lake said:

oh god .... really?

Oh do you mean that the maps and satellite stuff and weather services in general are playing around with the images and over hyping temps etc? 
hmm that’s a possibility, wasn’t thinking about that 

3 minutes ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

Oh do you mean that the maps and satellite stuff and weather services in general are playing around with the images and over hyping temps etc? 
hmm that’s a possibility, wasn’t thinking about that 

I am thinking that it is all bollocks and used to promote narratives!

A quick look ....

Screenshotfrom2023-07-1219-35-38.png.3898cdf498f17dc62a6d892e17c18169.png

Screenshotfrom2023-07-1219-35-16.png.7055b37c298bc757a5d69df7cb486f66.png

And I don't actually believe what the images I have posted state!

Everything is to promote the wanted current shit!

11 minutes ago, lake said:

I am thinking that it is all bollocks and used to promote narratives!

A quick look ....

Screenshotfrom2023-07-1219-35-38.png.3898cdf498f17dc62a6d892e17c18169.png

Screenshotfrom2023-07-1219-35-16.png.7055b37c298bc757a5d69df7cb486f66.png

And I don't actually believe what the images I have posted state!

Everything is to promote the wanted current shit!

Furry muff, although to prove your theory you’d have to call someone you trust in Tamanrasset to read a mercury thermometer at 19.34, if it ain’t 36 degrees then your onto something! 

I get what your saying though, the maps are published by big tech companies, they have a narrative to enforce, but on the flip side it’s feckin hot down Africa way, but on the OTHER flip side- when has summer in Africa NOT been hot??? 

On 7/12/2023 at 7:25 PM, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

It’s just a screen grab of the temps at 18.00 today?

What do you think I believe? 

What do you think I’m promoting? 

If you haven’t heard, it’s ridiculously hot in the south, like nearly 50 degrees, that’s halfway to boiling point. 

Im not promoting the climate change scam, just sensationalising absurd weather.

If it was minus 25 in Englands winter I’d be waxing lyrical about that too, what’s your problem? 

Where's the screen grab from? It only looks worse than it is because of the colour-scaling they're using. (And it also doesn't show any temperatures)

image.png.7cdd4c53e9d6cd497e5897d99ce10d3e.png

https://www.windy.com/-Temperature-temp?temp,47.383,10.415,5

The jetstream is currently blowing over the UK, which is why it is much cooler (and wetter) than normal here.

https://www.westweather.co.uk/CHARTS/GFS/najet_3.png

As I said previously, this undulation of the jetstream is what causes the 'extreme' weather. If it was dipping further west, then the UK would be quite hot right now.

This isn't a 'new phenomenon', it has happened before.

Summer 2007 was a good example of this: a low-pressure system remained stationary over the UK and led to widespread flooding, while just downstream a high-pressure system brought heatwaves and drought to the Mediterranean and Eastern Europe. The UK had the trough of the wave and Eastern Europe had the peak. When waves on the ocean surface become too large they overturn and break, resulting in very turbulent motion. When Rossby waves break, the resulting weather situation is known as blocking.

In this case the turbulent flow often becomes dominated by an anticyclonic air mass cut off from its origin in the subtropics. This high-pressure system blocks the normal passage of the jet stream, and a regime of dry, settled weather sets in. When this happens in winter, blocking leads to a bitterly cold spell, as the mild westerly winds are replaced by winds bringing cold continental air from the east. When it happens in summer the result is drought and heatwaves, and blocking contributed to the events seen this summer in Russia. At the same time, downstream of Russia, a Rossby wave trough remained and interacted with the monsoon system to bring flooding to Pakistan

Also as I've mentioned previously, just because a 'high temperature' has been recorded in one specific place, doesn't mean the 'whole country' is "that hot".

The media is using weather reporting to push the climate change agenda, by making people believe that what is happening is 'unprecedented'.

Many people in the UK have happily trotted off on their summer holidays for years to places in southern Europe where it gets 'really hot' around this time every year, and that's one of the reasons why people go there! Yet when the UK encounters such temperatures every few years then it becomes "deadly" and "dangerous".

Meanwhile we're having one of those summers where the jet stream is behaving like it is, leaving us with cool wet weather, and we're now wondering "where's the summer gone?"

I created this topic to highlight the absurdities of weather reporting, and how it is being used to fuel an agenda, but it is important to keep a balanced open-mind and not let yourself get sucked into the propaganda.

• Like 2

Well, I was complaining about not getting the promised thunderstorms. Got them today. It was seriously persisting it down with hailstones - how can there be hailstones when it's still 12 degrees - I thought they were made of ice? Not very happy because I was in the middle of pointing a wall when it started so most of my work was wasted and don't have enough mortar to start again. Feet wet, too. Bah, humbug!

Has anyone noticed this new format of weather map now appearing all over the BBC weather bulletins? ...

viber_image_2023-07-16_08-19-14-101.jpg.a3be19ee476242c8408fbc53e43fb35a.jpg

Notice the colour key in the top right-hand corner which simply shows varying shades of blue for cooler than average temperatures and varying shades of red for warmer than average, yet NO ACTUAL TEMPERATURES are given!

This is completely useless. I mean, what does the deepest red, warmer-than-average colour actually mean? 2° warrmer, 20° warmer, ... 200° warmer?

They really go full out on deceiving the viewers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Although the weather sometime this week in Southern Europe is going to hit 40 degrees, it's only for a few days, and doesn't reflect the mostly normal temperatures experienced so far this Summer and certainly doesn't justify this comment by an Italian river Dept official in Rome:

"We used to have four seasons and now it is impossible to tell what's going on."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/italy-no-longer-has-four-seasons-intense-heatwave-grips-the-country/ar-AA1dUFHw?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=50334859bcb34078997477d7a46f4ed1&ei=22

Here's the summary of Rome's weather in April 2023, which looks like seasonal Spring weather:

https://world-weather.info/forecast/italy/rome/april-2023/

23 hours ago, k_j_evans said:

Well, I was complaining about not getting the promised thunderstorms. Got them today. It was seriously persisting it down with hailstones - how can there be hailstones when it's still 12 degrees - I thought they were made of ice? Not very happy because I was in the middle of pointing a wall when it started so most of my work was wasted and don't have enough mortar to start again. Feet wet, too. Bah, humbug!

The hail forms higher up in the atmosphere where the air is much cooler. All that happens during the summer is that the hailstones melt quicker when they land on the ground.

It was strange yesterday afternoon (Saturday), I popped down the road to the shop between showers, and it was briefly lovely and sunny, and thought I might get at least a good half hour opportunity to mow my grass when I got back. As I walked back up the road, it started to rain lightly, as I got round the corner from my house, there was a very loud thunderclap, then the rain started to intensify. Luckily I got back inside before it became torrential, with hailstones, but only lasted a few minutes.

Twenty minutes later, the sun was shining and I got my grass cut! 😆

Edited by Grumpy Owl

On 5/13/2023 at 7:20 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

My prediction: it will be a relatively mild and wet summer, with the occasional periods of warm, sunny weather being billed as 'heatwaves'.

While we had a 'nice' June, so far this July has been as I predicted.

• Like 1