BREAKING NEWS: UK now "hotter than Australia" - media using weather as propaganda

I thought it was me but neighbours were also complaining that it's cold.

In fact, the temperature has gone back to February average temperature.

But wait, if they want to create heatwave, all they have to do is switch on the HAARP. :classic_dry:

15 hours ago, DaleP said:

I thought it was me but neighbours were also complaining that it's cold.

In fact, the temperature has gone back to February average temperature.

But wait, if they want to create heatwave, all they have to do is switch on the HAARP. :classic_dry:

It's been a strange weekend. Out in my garden, in the sunshine, it is lovely and warm.

image.png.8482489962b1cc28ab83ee23e1a33683.png

I've been doing some gardening, no jumper or jacket, just a t-shirt, and it's lovely in the sunshine.

When the breeze picks up, or the cloud obscures the sun, it does feel really cool.

It was like this around the same time last year when I was on holiday in Wales, I managed to get sunburnt when it was 13C.

21 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

It's been a strange weekend. Out in my garden, in the sunshine, it is lovely and warm.

image.png.8482489962b1cc28ab83ee23e1a33683.png

I've been doing some gardening, no jumper or jacket, just a t-shirt, and it's lovely in the sunshine.

When the breeze picks up, or the cloud obscures the sun, it does feel really cool.

It was like this around the same time last year when I was on holiday in Wales, I managed to get sunburnt when it was 13C.

You don't get sunburn at 13C. It is the tech from the sky.

If you think that April 2024 in the UK has been cold, it's all in your head!

https://web.archive.org/web/20240427054804/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/04/26/cold-weather-april-all-in-your-head-met-office/

Even though many people still have their heating on, and all the wind, cloud, rain and waterlogging aside, the Met Office assure us that has actually been one of the warmest Aprils on record running at 0.7C above average and sitting just outside the top ten of warmest Aprils between 1991 and 2020. It is suggested that it has only felt cold because we have expected warmer temperatures... I kid you not.

And if you doubt this report, you're a crazy climate change denier, an enemy to the planet and engaging in self deception rather than living up to your own climate failings. How's that for gaslighting?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

If you think that April 2024 in the UK has been cold, it's all in your head!

https://web.archive.org/web/20240427054804/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/04/26/cold-weather-april-all-in-your-head-met-office/

Even though many people still have their heating on, and all the wind, cloud, rain and waterlogging aside, the Met Office assure us that has actually been one of the warmest Aprils on record running at 0.7C above average and sitting just outside the top ten of warmest Aprils between 1991 and 2020. It is suggested that it has only felt cold because we have expected warmer temperatures... I kid you not.

And if you doubt this report, you're a crazy climate change denier, an enemy to the planet and engaging in self deception rather than living up to your own climate failings. How's that for gaslighting?

That is indeed an amazing bit of gaslighting.

It has 'felt cold' because it has actually 'been cold'. 😆

They are clutching at straws with their data manipulation now. Like I said earlier in this thread, the bar is being lowered for what constitutes 'hot weather', because we haven't really had any 'extreme heat' since 2022, don't forget aside from a reasonably pleasant June last year, from July onwards it was just wet and mild.

Already we're seeing the media describing expected 17-19C temps as 'sizzling', and any spell of decent warm weather is now classed as a 'heatwave'.

The 'extreme heat warnings' will no doubt start to be dished out once we get to 22C.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

That is indeed an amazing bit of gaslighting.

It has 'felt cold' because it has actually 'been cold'. 😆

They are clutching at straws with their data manipulation now. Like I said earlier in this thread, the bar is being lowered for what constitutes 'hot weather', because we haven't really had any 'extreme heat' since 2022, don't forget aside from a reasonably pleasant June last year, from July onwards it was just wet and mild.

Already we're seeing the media describing expected 17-19C temps as 'sizzling', and any spell of decent warm weather is now classed as a 'heatwave'.

The 'extreme heat warnings' will no doubt start to be dished out once we get to 22C.

But we're in the postmodern age now where everything is a social construct!  Beliefs are what's real and the objective world is massaged to fit the narrative.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Oh here we go already...

image.png.5c653ba820af54084571d8c80e6972be.png image.png.f1ab560cf263297cb20aad07ac198a78.png

UK weather maps show the country sizzling and scorching with 22C highs in a matter of says - with three parts of England set to be sweltering hottest amid the May blast. The maps, courtesy of Netweather and WXCharts, show temperatures peaking on May 13 and May 14 in Scotland, the Midlands, and the south east.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/uk-set-22c-scorcher-next-29077876

Since when was 22C considered 'scorching'?

I'm actually looking forward to this, I class this kind of weather as "very pleasant". 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WORST. HEATWAVE. EVER.

Apparently topped out at 18C here in Birmingham today. Admittedly was lovely and pleasant this morning in the sunshine.

But once it greyed over this afternoon, became noticeably cooler. Got home from work this evening and the central heating had come on again.

Hardly "sizzling" to be honest!

• Like 1

According to this report by NewScientist, European summers are under threat of becoming even hotter because of falling pollution...

And there was me thinking we are constantly being told how polluted the atmosphere is, that cleaner air is a necessity and will stop people dying - hence the likes of ULEZ and CAZ. But now it has been suggested that cleaner air is driving temperatures up whilst still being described as "human-induced" warming. It seems "the experts" want it both ways.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2428124-european-summers-will-be-hotter-than-predicted-because-of-cleaner-air/

European summers will be hotter than predicted because of cleaner air

By ignoring declining air pollution, regional climate models have greatly underestimated how hot Europe's summers and heatwaves will become

"The key reason why these regional climate models failed to reproduce this human-induced warming is that most of them assume that air pollution is constant,” says Schumacher, who presented the finding at a meeting of the European Geosciences Union in Vienna, Austria.

This means the regional models are underestimating how much warmer European summers will be by 2100 by more than 2°C, the team concludes. The underestimation of heatwaves is even greater, because during heatwaves there are usually clear skies and even more sunshine than normal, says Schumacher.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

According to this report by NewScientist, European summers are under threat of becoming even hotter because of falling pollution...

And there was me thinking we are constantly being told how polluted the atmosphere is, that cleaner air is a necessity and will stop people dying - hence the likes of ULEZ and CAZ. But now it has been suggested that cleaner air is driving temperatures up whilst still being described as "human-induced" warming. It seems "the experts" want it both ways.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2428124-european-summers-will-be-hotter-than-predicted-because-of-cleaner-air/

European summers will be hotter than predicted because of cleaner air

By ignoring declining air pollution, regional climate models have greatly underestimated how hot Europe's summers and heatwaves will become

Amazingly, there is a link in the above article to a similar 2008 article:

Earth

Cleaner skies explain surprise rate of warming

2 July 2008

GOODBYE air pollution and smoky chimneys, hello brighter days. That’s been the trend in Europe for the past three decades – but unfortunately cleaning up the skies has allowed more of the sun’s rays to pierce the atmosphere, contributing to at least half the warming that has occurred.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19926634-800-cleaner-skies-explain-surprise-rate-of-warming/

• Thanks 2

"Hottest day of the year", until the next one...

image.png.ed2a474f720611933bf6823958d0ac7a.png

The UK is on the brink of the hottest day of the year as the country scorches in a 26C heatwave. The UK could see the hottest day of the year so far this weekend, with temperatures forecast to hit as high as 26C, smashing the current record of 24C.

from: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/uk-faces-hottest-day-year-29135867

Well that's nice for those people in those few parts of south-east England, but I remind everyone that the 'whole country' will not be experiencing the same!

Oh and 'scorching' lol 😅

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

"Hottest day of the year", until the next one...

image.png.ed2a474f720611933bf6823958d0ac7a.png

from: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/uk-faces-hottest-day-year-29135867

Well that's nice for those people in those few parts of south-east England, but I remind everyone that the 'whole country' will not be experiencing the same!

Oh and 'scorching' lol 😅

Well, up here in the North East, we had a very pleasant day with some actual sunshine. But not a heatwave; just a nice day for doing some gardening.

• Like 2

Last month was officially the hottest April on RECORD

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/weather/topstories/last-month-was-officially-the-hottest-april-on-record/ar-BB1m0Czk#image=1

While the hottest April record was smashed worldwide, and in Europe temperatures in the UK for April have been labelled 'average' at 8.3°C by the Met Office, at just 0.4°C higher above the 1991-2020 long-term average.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1