BREAKING NEWS: UK now "hotter than Australia" - media using weather as propaganda

21 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Dear me, the Reach churners have been busy today, but can you spot the odd one out?

UnsavedImage1.png.4f009a92c534ec94447ac64ee1467d3d.png

And guess what? Birmingham isn't one of the 15 town/cities set to be "hammered", neither 'tomorrow morning' or 'on Friday'.

image.png.fde1c820d5145fa1eb5f8a284a346faa.png

And as for a 'heatwave', I suppose the bar is being lowered even further if 15-17C is now being considered as 'baking'...

How did they miss "pissing it down with local flooding" for 2-3 days (so far)? Light rain my arse!

Oh, well that didn't take long then...

image.png.d291d03c6d6a72f3ec2e7ab806d76d5a.png

Apparently 17C is now considered "baking" by these frauds.

Temperatures are set to soar above 17C this weekend, with data indicating much of the country will enjoy the warm weather. Weather maps from WX Charts show the mercury could rise as high as 17.8C in London on Saturday (April 6) morning.

Madrid has projected temperatures of 16.7C. It comes as the Met Office warned of 'unsettled' weather over the next few days.

from: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/maps-reveal-date-uk-warmer-28932560

I guess the hyperbole is only going to get worse as the year progresses...

Meteorologist Jim Dale said Brits are in for a hot spring, with heat to rival that of 2022's in April.
The Met Office has projected overall temperatures this year to smash records. Mr Dale said temperatures could climb to unseasonable highs this month due to climate change.

He said: "We will see hot weather start to bake in during the course of April, and at times in the summer time. We are not divorced from what is going around the globe and what is going on is quite frightening in terms of the temperature profiles.

"The USA has just had its warmest winter ever."

"Warmest winter ever" in the USA? I think those in the USA who experienced record amounts of snowfall and record low temps would beg to differ...

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, DaleP said:

Hang on! What's going on?

Grumpy was saying there was going to be snow..... clearly very schizophrenic weather. It changes with a flick of a switch. 😂

They really can't make up their minds, I thought it was supposed to be 'baking' this weekend?

image.png.e32af7365c5a0199f90e293fc9a887f9.png

"It's going to be a battle of elements this weekend. The four elements snow, rain, wind, and temperatures are going to have their impacts on various parts of the country. On Friday, the Highlands and Grampian of Scotland would witness a little bit of the lower ground snow," Jim Dale said.

from: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/parts-uk-set-snow-tomorrow-28940052

Oh I see, so the "area of England worst-hit" will be the... er, Highlands and Grampians of Scotland. Which could see "a little bit" of snow!

I wonder if the Press Complaints Commission would take action against this blatant 'fake news'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can confirm that it didn't snow in Birmingham today. 😆

It did actually get really nice for a bit in the early afternoon, we may have actually topped out at 17C in the sunshine.

Definitely wasn't "baking", especially when the clouds came back and the wind picked up!

• Thanks 1

Oh dear, I fear this 'heatwave' rhetoric is just going to get worse as the year progresses...

image.png.6749051e6da63fe2540de59303dd18ca.png

One forecaster and meteorologist says that the top end of temperatures could reach 21C on Friday and possibly Saturday. Jim Dale, founder and senior meteorological consultant at British Weather Services, said that the warmer weather “won’t last”.

Areas set to see temperatures of 19-20C on Thursday and Friday include Norwich in the East of England alongside Ipswich and Halesworth, as well as Hull in Yorkshire, London, Chelmsford, Cambridgeshire, Sudbury.

from: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/cost-of-living/uk-weather-maps-sizzle-red-28976483

You can clearly see what they're up to here. Last year saw an absence of 'extreme heat' in the UK, and it's looking unlikely that we'll see any more record high temps this year as well. So in order to fear-monger and push the 'climate change' narrative, they have to lower the bar or threshold for what constitutes 'high temperature'. And the meaning itself of 'heatwave' is being utterly undermined.

Last time I saw weather charts like this, was when we experienced 30-40C temps. If they're now resorting to this colour scheme for 19-21C, who knows what hyperbole will be churned out when it does actually get 'a bit hot'.

It apparently reached 18C here in Birmingham today, but you'd never have thought this, although it was fairly pleasant at times when the clouds broke. It was hardly "sizzling".

• Like 1

Birmingham Mail also published another snow bomb prediction from the usual suspects. 

"England has '50/50' chance of snow next week with six towns and cities worst-hit" 

"WX Charts, which uses Met Desk data and projections, predict that the UK will get a dose of the white stuff, as we head deeper into the fourth month of the year."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/england-5050-chance-snow-next-28974512

Edited by Grumpy Grapes
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Oh dear, I fear this 'heatwave' rhetoric is just going to get worse as the year progresses...

from: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/cost-of-living/uk-weather-maps-sizzle-red-28976483

You can clearly see what they're up to here. Last year saw an absence of 'extreme heat' in the UK, and it's looking unlikely that we'll see any more record high temps this year as well. So in order to fear-monger and push the 'climate change' narrative, they have to lower the bar or threshold for what constitutes 'high temperature'. And the meaning itself of 'heatwave' is being utterly undermined.

Last time I saw weather charts like this, was when we experienced 30-40C temps. If they're now resorting to this colour scheme for 19-21C, who knows what hyperbole will be churned out when it does actually get 'a bit hot'.

It apparently reached 18C here in Birmingham today, but you'd never have thought this, although it was fairly pleasant at times when the clouds broke. It was hardly "sizzling".

Quite. We need a bit of heat to dry out the recent flood waters - I don't think 8-15 degrees is particularly warm for April.

spineroad.jpg

If this is a heatwave, then I'm John Kettley.

Certainly doesn't "feel" like 18C here at home.

image.png.e0b9abaf05be6a52ffd7ae3ed504ff23.png

Although pleasant enough to stand outside in my garden in a t-shirt, I can still feel a chill in the air. Definitely not "sizzling"!

I'm going to predict that as soon as some 24-27C warmth comes along, that's when we'll start getting the "extreme heat" warnings!

On 4/11/2024 at 8:09 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

I was on Facebook earlier and I saw a post from Midlands Storm Chasers... apparently a complaint has been made to the Press Complaints Commission against The Mirror, regarding use of these 'scary maps'. Apparently these maps are showing data for wind speeds, NOT temperatures.

So it's been confirmed that these maps being used to illustrate weather articles are utterly misleading.

• Like 2