Council worker taking photos

Artmuzz

Posted (edited)

My support worker contacted the council for them to quote how much I’d be to get some stuff dumped as my flat is in a bit of a mess and she and myself feel that a tidy flat will do wonders on my mental health. 

Anyway a guy from the council appeared to get a quote and I showed him what I was needing cleared and disposed of and he then pulled out his iPhone and was away to take photos in my flat until I told him that I am unhappy and uncomfortable about this. He told me it will only be shared by the council to get the quote calculated but still I wasn’t happy so he put his iPhone away and left. 

I am annoyed that the guy didn’t ask my consent to take photos when he phoned me to arrange the quote as I would of told him that so don’t give my consent as I don’t like getting photos taken.

However, I cannot stop thinking that I’ve done the wrong thing even though if he had taken photos it would of bothered me.

Edited by Artmuzz

Posted (edited)

Hi res photos of documents and stuff lying about the place are one thing It's the lack of courtesy that quite often riles the older generation and courtesy costs nothing but a little time.

Council workers are running flat out of course and some will forget themselves.

Edited by serpentine

21 minutes ago, serpentine said:

Hi res photos of documents and stuff lying about the place are one thing It's the lack of courtesy that quite often riles the older generation and courtesy costs nothing but a little time.

Council workers are running flat out of course and some will forget themselves.

Hi res photos of documents? What do you mean?

Unlikely to be a problem here as low settings are all that is needed but some recent mobile cameras have phenomenal resolution capabilities that could easily read text on a letter left casually on the mantelpiece,

As one of the symptoms of my anxiety is paranoia is it possible that this guy from the council who visited me today for a quote could get a copy of my door key from the council and help himself into my flat when I’m out and start taking photos since I refused for him to take photos when he visited me? I know it sounds crazy but it’s bothering me.

Ask the council for copies of ALL pictures taken if you are worried.

I doubt that your fears are warranted about intrusion but if that's what you feel, change your door locks. It's not too difficult depending on what you have. The council can't and wont object.

I used to be paranoid but then I became a 'conspiracy theorist' and realised THEY ARE out to get me (us).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Nobby Noboddy said:

Ask the council for copies of ALL pictures taken if you are worried.

I doubt that your fears are warranted about intrusion but if that's what you feel, change your door locks. It's not too difficult depending on what you have. The council can't and wont object.

I used to be paranoid but then I became a 'conspiracy theorist' and realised THEY ARE out to get me (us).

Fortunately, the guy didn’t have a chance to take photos as I put my foot down and told him I wasn’t happy and he left. According to the council tenant handbook if my door keys are lost then I have to get new locks fitted in which suggests to me that the council don’t keep a copy of my door key.

Edited by Artmuzz
  • Like 1