Jump to content

Food - what should I avoid?


 Share

Recommended Posts

Are there any links to the old forum? 
 

I used to like to read the food threads. 
 

I need to sort my diet out. I’m living on crap and thus feeling like crap. 
 

I just didn’t know if the old forum still existed? 
 

If anyone can post the link, if it exists, I’d be very grateful. 
 

thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Try to avoid anything that is in a sealed package.

 

Consume as much raw vegetables and fruit as you can.

 

Stay away from fast or convenient food.

 

Prepare your own meals.

 

Refer to the nutrition almanac to understand better what food is and how it is metabolized in the body.


Sadhguru also has a good deal of healthy advise...look him up at  https://isha.sadhguru.org

 
 
  1.  
 
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

 is there anything we can take to flush out all the crap in our systems from all the poisioned water, poisioned food and posioned air around us.

I am taking a multivitamin, and that's about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jack121 said:

 is there anything we can take to flush out all the crap in our systems from all the poisioned water, poisioned food and posioned air around us.

I am taking a multivitamin, and that's about it.

 

I can definitely recommend a liver cleanse. Try the Hulda Clarke liver flush. 

 

It empties the gall-bladder which is where our body stores parasites and toxins which are removed from the liver and covered in bile.

 

Best thing you could ever do is a Liver Cleanse. Gall stones are made of cholesterol and removing these will lower the amount of cholesterol in your blood.

 

If you have any questions about it please ask.

 

https://www.orgoniseafrica.com/en/info/clark-zapper/dr-clarks-research/hulda-clark-liver-cleanse

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks!

 

Anything else worth taking apart from vitamins, nothing expensive, cheap and cheerful stuff only please.

Exercise is supposed to be pretty good for sweating out toxins, and is free.

Fasting once a week is well known.

Turmeric is rated.

Iodine as well.

All good well known and cheap.

Any thoughts on anything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Juices. Most powerful juices in general are - celery, carrot, beet, pineapple, pumpkin. Citruces are best in the morning on an empty stomache with water. Juices will do wonders for your body if your consistent.

Edited by Wamrage
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have also heard great things about the liver cleanse. The dietician guy I spoke too said it was the most important thing to cleanse. I will try the one that Truthspoon recommended at some point. The one this guy recommended was the Andreas Moritz liver flush. Again on my massive to do list! :) 

 

I personally take Quercitin (reduces inflammations in the body) capsules and sometimes combine with chelated zinc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2021 at 10:49 AM, Truthspoon said:

 

I can definitely recommend a liver cleanse. Try the Hulda Clarke liver flush. 

 

It empties the gall-bladder which is where our body stores parasites and toxins which are removed from the liver and covered in bile.

 

Best thing you could ever do is a Liver Cleanse. Gall stones are made of cholesterol and removing these will lower the amount of cholesterol in your blood.

 

If you have any questions about it please ask.

 

https://www.orgoniseafrica.com/en/info/clark-zapper/dr-clarks-research/hulda-clark-liver-cleanse

 

Dude with this one. It says half a cup of olive oil. How big is the cup that you used? Is it healthy drinking so much olive oil? I'm imagining it eans drinking quite a bit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Dude with this one. It says half a cup of olive oil. How big is the cup that you used? Is it healthy drinking so much olive oil? I'm imagining it eans drinking quite a bit?

 

 

I would go with 125ml olive oil and 125ml lemon juice. Shaken up until it becomes cloudy and homogenous. Makes up half a pint That's largely enough. I used to make a full pint but it just sits on your stomach all night and its hard to get down, I did a flush with about half a pint recently and it worked perfectly.

 

As for whether it's healthy.....well, it is if you want clean out your gall-bladder. I suggest you use to best quality extra virgin olive oil.

 

It won't do you any harm. The whole point is that you need that much oil so that you purge all the stinky nasty toxic gunk out of your gallbladder.

 

Someone did an analysis of gallstones and found many of them contained a parasite in the centre. In a way the body produced them the way an oyster produced pearls, to remove and neutralise something which is a toxic threat to the body. But you don't want that stuff inside you bunging you up.

 

Anyone suffering allergies will probably find their symptoms improved or gone entirely after a liver flush. Don't know why, just noticed it myself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Truthspoon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Truthspoon said:

 

 

I would go with 125ml olive oil and 125ml lemon juice. Shaken up until it becomes cloudy and homogenous. Makes up half a pint That's largely enough. I used to make a full pint but it just sits on your stomach all night and its hard to get down, I did a flush with about half a pint recently and it worked perfectly.

 

As for whether it's healthy.....well, it is if you want clean out your gall-bladder. I suggest you use to best quality extra virgin olive oil.

 

It won't do you any harm. The whole point is that you need that much oil so that you purge all the stinky nasty toxic gunk out of your gallbladder.

 

Someone did an analysis of gallstones and found many of them contained a parasite in the centre. In a way the body produced them the way an oyster produced pearls, to remove and neutralise something which is a toxic threat to the body. But you don't want that stuff inside you bunging you up.

 

Anyone suffering allergies will probably find their symptoms improved or gone entirely after a liver flush. Don't know why, just noticed it myself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks Truthspoon. I'm going to give this Liver cleanse a go first.

 

Do you happen to know if any regular store sell the HCL? Or just purchase online?

Edited by Mr H
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Thanks Truthspoon. I'm going to give this Liver cleanse a go first.

 

Don't forget the Epsom Salts and I recommend, in fact I would say essential, that you take wormwood, black walnut,clove tincture for 10 days before to kill all the parasites in the liver, otherwise you tend to feel ill the next day. 

 

https://www.baldwins.co.uk/natures-answer-black-walnut-clove-wormwood-alcohol-free-fluid-extract-30ml

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

For me I try cut down on bread and sugars which includes a lot. I eat more eggs now, omelettes and lots of meat. Also a lot of salad and humus at least once a week. Main thing for me is cutting out all the sugars. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SimonTV said:

 

 

 

Great video about B12.

 

At this time and age i still will carry on with a balanced Meat, veg, fruits and all the relevant good stuff. 

Lots of veg are great, meat is great, fruits are great but in a good quantity as fruit from shops usually are very weak...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Simple Actions said:

 

Great video about B12.

 

At this time and age i still will carry on with a balanced Meat, veg, fruits and all the relevant good stuff. 

Lots of veg are great, meat is great, fruits are great but in a good quantity as fruit from shops usually are very weak...

 

Interestingly in South Africa most of the biscuits are oat based and a lot of crisps or chips are corn based (real corn). I rarely eat breakfast prefer to just do a big glass of water and one coffee with no sugar. That way I don't eat for over 12 hours every day. The for lunch, at least once per week, I will eat hummus and cucumber and olives, one pie per week (luxury), then at least one omelette and salad per week for lunch, bacon and egg and butter sandwich and lots of berries (blue berry black berry etc) and nuts, cashews mainly and but also other nuts. If I am realy hungry for breakfast I eat these compressed oat bars with honey in. Then I always keep apricot jam for jam on toast, but rarely eat that for breakfast.  I should eat more apricots. Then I'll eat avocado or tuna sandwich or standard sandwiches like cheese and ham salad, cheese and chicken. I do like sandwiches, especially toasted but try not to eat every day as too much bread. Then for dinner I am most unhealthy, eat pizza, burgers, indian food, chinese food, home made stir fries, fish and chips and always try eat vegetables. I am a pretty bad cook of thai and chinese food but realy like it for dinner. I make a good pasta with pre made sauce but apparently pre made sauces have a lot of sugar in. Sugar is just unavoidable. I don't do keto and drink too much alcohol but tried keep a varied diet with lots of salad and vegetables and I buy citrus fruits and have those sparingly through the week. :D

Edited by SimonTV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SimonTV said:

 

Interestingly in South Africa most of the biscuits are oat based and a lot of crisps or chips are corn based (real corn). I rarely eat breakfast prefer to just do a big glass of water and one coffee with no sugar. That way I don't eat for over 12 hours every day. The for lunch, at least once per week, I will eat hummus and cucumber and olives, one pie per week (luxury), then at least one omelette and salad per week for lunch, bacon and egg and butter sandwich and lots of berries (blue berry black berry etc) and nuts, cashews mainly and but also other nuts. If I am realy hungry for breakfast I eat these compressed oat bars with honey in. Then I always keep apricot jam for jam on toast, but rarely eat that for breakfast.  I should eat more apricots. Then I'll eat avocado or tuna sandwich or standard sandwiches like cheese and ham salad, cheese and chicken. I do like sandwiches, especially toasted but try not to eat every day as too much bread. Then for dinner I am most unhealthy, eat pizza, burgers, indian food, chinese food, home made stir fries, fish and chips and always try eat vegetables. I am a pretty bad cook of thai and chinese food but realy like it for dinner. I make a good pasta with pre made sauce but apparently pre made sauces have a lot of sugar in. Sugar is just unavoidable. I don't do keto and drink too much alcohol but tried keep a varied diet with lots of salad and vegetables and I buy citrus fruits and have those sparingly through the week. :D

 

Well.....thats a busy week then!! haahha :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Simple Actions said:

 

Well.....thats a busy week then!! haahha :)

 

Sorry, yea doesn't come across well in a rant. 

 

Probably should do more like this...

 

breakfast

 

lunch

 

dinner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SimonTV said:

 

Sorry, yea doesn't come across well in a rant. 

 

Probably should do more like this...

 

breakfast

 

lunch

 

dinner

 

Yep, just like everything else. Its all about balance.

And also what works best with our bodies.

I believe the most important is to also be active and no matter what we eat in terms of 'quantities' our bodies always let us know what we are lacking of or too much of.

I sometimes skip breakfast and when i do, i will later know by the mood i'll be in the rest of the day lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Simple Actions said:

 

Yep, just like everything else. Its all about balance.

And also what works best with our bodies.

I believe the most important is to also be active and no matter what we eat in terms of 'quantities' our bodies always let us know what we are lacking of or too much of.

I sometimes skip breakfast and when i do, i will later know by the mood i'll be in the rest of the day lol

 

A lot of people I speak to also skip breakfast, they have just trained their body to not be hungry in the morning. If I get hungry then I eat but usually I will wait until 12-1pm before eating.  That whole most important meal of the day propaganda was invented by cereal manufactures to sell products. 

 

I have seen in the US people eat a pile of pancakes for breakfast haha. I once had a bunch of Italian people that I was with tell me that they couldn't understand how English people could eat sausage for breakfast. If I cook a fry up or eggs and breakfast, it is usually quite filling so I will eat that at lunch time and then have a relatively sized dinner. I can cook good meat/chicken and chips or rice meals as well if I need to for dinner and always include veg. I do eat pretty well, in that I am fortunate that I can eat so well being a peasant and all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2021 at 4:49 AM, Biawhiska said:

Are there any links to the old forum? 
 

I used to like to read the food threads. 
 

I need to sort my diet out. I’m living on crap and thus feeling like crap. 
 

I just didn’t know if the old forum still existed? 
 

If anyone can post the link, if it exists, I’d be very grateful. 
 

thank you

 

@Biawhiska Check out this lecture (very interesting stuff):

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't take it to seriously just limit pufa and other processed foods.

Lots of veg,fish,fruit,organ meats.

 

Supplements I use which has been trial and error for many years.

 

Creatine 

Magnesium l theonate 

Magnesium malate 

B1 helps mental fatigue 

B3 all round mental positive

Asprin.

Lots of natural fat butter etc.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 11:00 PM, Ethel said:

This is actually fairly simple. Just avoid eating anything except organic fruit and veg, ideally raw, complimented by organic nuts and seeds.

 

 

 

And slowly waste away from nutrient deficiency.

 

 

Cut out non-organic foods.

 

Cut out food rich in lectins, oxalates and phytates (goobye many beans, leafy greens and nuts). Only eat fermented and/or gluten-free grains.

Cut out refined sugar and cut down on fructose (unless you enjoy glycation, uric acid, etc.)

Be wary of most vegetable oils and oxidation of oils in general and don't cook with them (unless you want coronary heart disease. How long has the fish oil been sitting on the shelf?).

Lower inflammatory foods like nightshades, i.e., tomatoes, bell peppers etc., or at least prepare them properly (e.g., don't eat tomato skin or seeds).

Be careful of "wisdom" like "eat garlic, it's a natural antibiotic" unless you think consuming antibiotics is a good thing.

 

Do eat lots of oily fish, salmon, mackerel, cod etc.

Do eat liver regularly.

Do eat eggs, especially raw if you can.

Do eat raw butter.

Do drink raw milk if you can.

Do eat food high in vitamin K2, i.e., fermented foods like unpasteurised cheeses and sauerkraut (because you don't want calcification and heart disease).

Do consume probiotics.

Do incorporate coconut flesh, oil, water, cream in your diet.

Cold extracted/raw honey is nice, but beware the fructose.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...