Cloud gaming

Besides latency issues, it's just more entertainment as a service bollocks in my opinion. I guess you could own a license to play a game on the cloud, but I think it will mostly end up like subscription models like Netflix and Xbox Game Pass.

What happens if the service cuts you off because of your political views? You have nothing to play, surely?

Physical media is still the way to go for me unless there is a significant price difference with the digital copy, but cloud gaming doesn't appeal to me. I like playing competitively so I want to minimize lag, but I guess it wouldn't be so bad in singleplayer.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

• 3 months later...
On 5/19/2021 at 9:07 AM, EnigmaticWorld said:

Besides latency issues, it's just more entertainment as a service bollocks in my opinion. I guess you could own a license to play a game on the cloud, but I think it will mostly end up like subscription models like Netflix and Xbox Game Pass.

We never walk that way, I hope. I especially hate the idea that other companies will subscribe and flourish suddenly so that they will end up like Netflix and co. No thanks. No thanks. Half finished games are already sold as a complete product. Like every two weeks, shit explodes this way.

Edited by mehwish.yati

3 minutes ago, mehwish.yati said:

We never walk that way, I hope. I especially hate the idea that other companies will subscribe and flourish suddenly so that they will end up like Netflix and co. No thanks. No thanks. Half finished games are already sold as a complete product. Like every two weeks, shit explodes this way.

Out of reactions, but I hate the idea too.

• 2 weeks later...

way back when cloud gaming just started the pioneer was onlive.

a small box you connected to your tv that streamed the latest games.

you could also watch what others were playing this was before twitch.

if you couldn't afford a gaming pc this was the cheapest way to play the latest modern games.

latency issues were a problem if your internet was pants but i never had a problem with it.

onlive was sold to sony who used the tech for its psnow platform.

i pay £40 a year for psnow and i think its great value for the choice of 300+ games.

streaming allows you to play high end modern games in hd on your low spec device that's not capable of playing the installed game

• 1 month later...

hello everybody

-----

re: is cloud gaming a good thing?

no, cloud gaming is not a good thing. as far as i can trust my perceptions, cloud gaming is a part of the "technological subreality" agenda that david icke talks about. (in recent weeks, the mass media has been publishing articles on "the metaverse": "the 3-d internet" that includes augmented reality and virtual reality and that will use blockchain technology for financial transactions.)

remember that mind-control is the illuminati's method of operation and that unless you want to be used like a tool, do not play videogames, because that is what videogames are for: to mind-control you.

-----

be in control of your mind everybody (or be mind-controlled)

32 minutes ago, tommydrifter said:

hello everybody

-----

re: is cloud gaming a good thing?

no, cloud gaming is not a good thing. as far as i can trust my perceptions, cloud gaming is a part of the "technological subreality" agenda that david icke talks about. (in recent weeks, the mass media has been publishing articles on "the metaverse": "the 3-d internet" that includes augmented reality and virtual reality and that will use blockchain technology for financial transactions.)

remember that mind-control is the illuminati's method of operation and that unless you want to be used like a tool, do not play videogames, because that is what videogames are for: to mind-control you.

-----

I don't like the direction we're going in with games as a service and cloud gaming, nor do I like the idea of augmented reality and VR.

How do traditional video games mind control you though? I can understand the argument when it comes to TV because that's a passive medium, but I'm not sure about gaming. A lot of based people that are awake play games, at least in my age group. There are obviously a lot of woke infantile soyboys too, but my point is that it doesn't seem to be messing with everyone.

People have been playing games for millennia. Does it suddenly become an issue when games are electronic?

My issue is the amount of video game addiction in society, not the medium itself.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
  • Like 1

hello everybody

-----

re: do i play videogames?

i do play videogames occasionally -- i have a playstation 2 that i dust-off once or twice a year; and i used to go the arcade to play "daytona u.s.a.", feeding dollar coins into the thing. so i am not wanting to be a moralising kill-joy, or tell people how to live their lives, but i am making a point. the games that i play are not immersive, and if i do feel the need, i only play for a short time-period. i am telling you everybody, playing videogames is not getting your human-needs met: it is a "sugar-high" addiction that is designed to mind-control you as well as to steal your money and your time.

-----

facebook's virtual-reality "metaverse", 4:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEkOqttrcc

-----

• 2 weeks later...

I echo EW's concerns. I prefer a physical copy of the game and I want to be able to play it OFFLINE, and not be dependent upon the internet and have a profile of mine linked to it. Online gaming can be fun but you never really own your characters. The gaming company can cancel the game or shut down the servers you play on. I have played online rpg's and it's more like you hire your character and the world than that you buy it and it's really yours.

Only watched a few seconds of the Metaverse video. I don't want to know any more what it looks like. The few seconds was enough. Never going to watch another metaverse video, ever! 

As for the "real" metaverse... sure it'll be all full of colourful and magical temptations to start with. Then it'll demand more and more so it won't be possible to live without it, and then it'll begin to turn into a control tool for the State/government, and then a nightmare.

• Like 1